What views do you hold?

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
What views do you hold?

Found a pretty fun quiz, take it and post your results. http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=23320

Here are mine:

You scored as Materialist. Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Materialist

94%

Modernist

75%

Cultural Creative

69%

Existentialist

69%

Idealist

50%

Postmodernist

38%

Romanticist

38%

Fundamentalist

25%

What is Your World View?
created with QuizFarm.com

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
You scored as Materialist.

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Existentialist

94%
Materialist

94%
Postmodernist

69%
Modernist

69%
Romanticist

38%
Cultural Creative

13%
Fundamentalist

13%
Idealist

0%

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
You scored as

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.
Existentialist 94%
Materialist 94%
Postmodernist 63%
Fundamentalist 50%
Idealist 13%
Cultural Creative 6%

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline

You scored as Materialist. Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Materialist94%Modernist75%Existentialist56%Fundamentalist44%Postmodernist25%Romanticist19%Idealist19%Cultural Creative13%
What is Your World View?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
odd.. Why did that format

odd.. Why did that format so freaky?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
You scored as Modernist.

You scored as Modernist. Modernism represents the thought that science and reason are all we need to carry on. Religion is unnecessary and any sort of spirituality halts progress. You believe everything has a rational explanation.

50% of Americans share your world-view.

Modernist . . . . . . . 100%
Existentialist . . . . . . 94%
Materialist . . . . . . . 94%
Postmodernist . . . . . 63%
Romanticist . . . . . .. 38%
Fundamentalist . . . . 25%
Cultural Creative . . . 19%
Idealist . . . . . . . . . . 0%

I'm so proud.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
My results

Materialist

100%

Existentialist

88%

Modernist

69%

Postmodernist

56%

Fundamentalist

44%

Romanticist

44%

Idealist

25%

Cultural Creative

13%

What is Your World View?

Not prefect as a lot of questions I would have a more complex answer, but still interesting.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Materialist

Karl Marx would be so proud..hahahahahaha...not so much hegel. Smiling

Materialist

100%

Existentialist

94%

Modernist

75%

Postmodernist

69%

Romanticist

56%

Cultural Creative

31%

Fundamentalist

13%

Idealist

0%

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline

Materialist88%Existentialist81%Postmodernist69%Modernist56%Cultural Creative38%Fundamentalist25%Romanticist25%Idealist25%
What is Your World View?

I have to confess, about 3 questions confused me.

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
Materialist.............100%

Materialist.............100%
Existentialist..........69%
Modernist..............50%
Romanticist...........44%
Postmodernist........44%
Idealist.................31%
Fundamentalist.......19%
Cultural Creative.....0%

I'm starting to see a patern here Smiling

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Cogablue
User is offlineOffline
You scored as

You scored as Existentialist. Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist100%Materialist94%Modernist69%Cultural Creative63%Postmodernist50%Idealist50%Romanticist38%Fundamentalist0%
What is Your World View?

Yay for being unique?