Us Amurican tipes ain't learn'd too good

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Us Amurican tipes ain't learn'd too good

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Notice that the darker red

Notice that the darker red areas tend to be the more religious and more conservative areas, too!

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not suprised one bit...

Not suprised one bit... what so ever...

Ok, i lied...

I truly expected it to be much worse.

(actually, im suprised that the mid-west is better educated then the east coast... i always thought the mid-west was full of retards >.>  )

Btw, Hamby, love the new ad ^_^

What Would Kharn Do?

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Holey thongs That map's

Holey thongs

That map's insane

Worse yet, I find 1/2 the 'educated' people stupider than shit

But if you think that's bad, the majority of the people in the middle east cannot read or write.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eastern Kentucky sure looks

Eastern Kentucky sure looks like heaven on earth...

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote: Eastern

KSMB wrote:
Eastern Kentucky sure looks like heaven on earth...

My niece's husband is from eastern Kentucky....so that map seems about right. Some of his kin were snake handlers.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
RickRebel wrote: My niece's

RickRebel wrote:
My niece's husband is from eastern Kentucky....so that map seems about right. Some of his kin were snake handlers.

Eastern Kentucky Christians: "Jesus wants us to pick up poisonous snakes so let's go find some rattlesnakes."

Other Christians: "I love Jesus but I aint picking up no damn rattlesnake no matter what Jesus says!!"

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
I wonder how many topics you

I wonder how many topics you could swap in there and have the chart come out looking the same.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
I live right in the middle

I live right in the middle of the black area, ha ha.  I'm well into my 18th year of formal education, though. 

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Holy Crap!!  I've got 20

Holy Crap!!  I've got 20 years of formal education and many years of educating myself.  Those results are atrocious.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: Holy Crap!!

Watcher wrote:
Holy Crap!! I've got 20 years of formal education and many years of educating myself. Those results are atrocious.

I don't get it...with all that education why do you do your hair like vanilla ice?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Tarpan wrote: I don't get

Tarpan wrote:

I don't get it...with all that education why do you do your hair like vanilla ice?

No one IRL says that I look anything like Vanilla Ice.

And the reason why I comb my hair back is because I've got a huge freaking cow lick right there and it looks much better combed back.

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: Tarpan

Watcher wrote:
Tarpan wrote:

No one IRL says that I look anything like Vanilla Ice.

And the reason why I comb my hair back is because I've got a huge freaking cow lick right there and it looks much better combed back.

My favorite part is that you accepted the premise that it is outrageous for an educated person to have hair like vanilla ice. hahah.  Poor vanilla ice. 

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote: Not

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Not suprised one bit... what so ever...

Ok, i lied...

I truly expected it to be much worse.

(actually, im suprised that the mid-west is better educated then the east coast... i always thought the mid-west was full of retards >.&gtEye-wink

Doomed Soul!! I'm from the midwest! Of course, I'm from the Chicago area, which is not at all stereotypically midwestern... we're basically like our own state. We should secede from the rest of Illinois, lol.

But yeah, I think most people in the midwest at least make it through part, if not all, of highschool, which would be more than 9 years. A substantial number of inner city kids in Chicago drop out of high school, but I guess it's not enough to drive up the percentage a lot.

idk... That map is pretty scary. That's all I really had to say.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
22 years here. While I

22 years here.

While I understand there are always exceptions it is beyond depressing that we can't even give away 12 years of free education. 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nineteen for me, and as

Nineteen for me, and as stupid and cliche as this sounds, I've learned more since graduating than I did in school.  I don't mean common sense.  I mean I have more scholarly knowledge than I got in school.

The trick is that I learned to learn.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
I feel unedumucated...I

I feel unedumucated...I couldn't afford post-secondary so I went from highschool then off into the real world where real learning began.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Nineteen for me, and as stupid and cliche as this sounds, I've learned more since graduating than I did in school.  I don't mean common sense.  I mean I have more scholarly knowledge than I got in school.

The trick is that I learned to learn.

I agree with this.  Once you get the thrill of learning something, well then you want to learn and understand everything.

The one thing that I am most bitter about realizing that religion is bunk is that I grew up being told that after I died I would have "A mind like god." implying that I would understand and know everything.

Now I know that I won't.  Well...actually I will, cause god is fictional.  The non-existant he knows nothing and I will know nothing after I die.  And that pisses me off.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
greek goddess

greek goddess wrote:

Doomed Soul!! I'm from the midwest! Of course, I'm from the Chicago area, which is not at all stereotypically midwestern... we're basically like our own state. We should secede from the rest of Illinois, lol.

But yeah, I think most people in the midwest at least make it through part, if not all, of highschool, which would be more than 9 years. A substantial number of inner city kids in Chicago drop out of high school, but I guess it's not enough to drive up the percentage a lot.

idk... That map is pretty scary. That's all I really had to say.

UGH!.... the AMERICAN MID-WEST, NOT AMURICEN MID-WEST...

Mid, meaning middle, West, meaning left of >.>

Which is supposed to put us at... Wyoming or some such (Canadian, sue me >.&gtEye-wink

Ya... See... edumaction GOOD -_-

(on a side note, either way you look at it, im still right in my retardation obserbation... yay me! i can obserbate retards like no other ^_^)

What Would Kharn Do?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    the whole system is

the whole system is wacked

fix the TV for starters , quick !

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  the whole system is

the whole system is rigged by the controllers, the rich and their gov, they like it this way ....

a wise man speaks, G. Carlin

Who owns you Americans?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
What interesting

What interesting conclusions can we draw by comparing that map with this one?

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am surprised that the

I am surprised that the Northern foothills where I live are white.

Bwahahahahaha...that's true in more ways than one. Whenever I see a black person in this county, I take note of it simply because there are so few. One young black man--still a kid,really, at about age 18--is studying at the local community college. He's a brilliant musician. He stands out in a lot of ways. I miss the occasional unplanned jam sessions and talks I used to have with him (been too sick to go to community college). I really hope he does well.

tan·gent /ˈtændʒənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation

7.off on or at a tangent, digressing suddenly from one course of action or thought and turning to another: The speaker flew off on a tangent.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)