Pack Attack or Brady Bunch?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pack Attack or Brady Bunch?

For any NFL fans, I just have a quick question.  Assuming you don't have your own horse in this race, are you more inclined to root for New England because they would be 19 - 0 for the season, or are you inclined to root for Green Bay because they're the underdogs, or maybe because it is likely to be Favre's last shot at a ring?

Personally, I think that the salary cap in the NFL is a great thing, and I think it's pretty amazing that New England has put together a New York Yankee style dominant team, but they're doing it on the same budget as everyone else.  Belichick seems to be pretty much perfect on the sidelines.  It's like he can't make a bad call.

I like seeing records broken, so I'm pulling for the Pats.  Having said that, I wouldn't be sad if the Pack pulled off the upset.

(I suppose it's possible the Chargers and Giants will play, but I have to be honest -- I wouldn't be even remotely interested in that game.)

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
Now that my Cowboys decided

Now that my Cowboys decided they'd rather watch the Supe from Tony Romo's living room, I can now root guilt-free for my #3 team, The Patriots.  However, I wouldn't be crushed if Favre went out on top.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's a sadistic side of

There's a sadistic side of me that wants the Pack to win so that Favre will finally retire and I won't have to listen to that awful drawl on interviews anymore.

Oh... shit... I just had a really awful thought.  Favre might go into the booth after he retires.  It's already bad enough having to listen to Terry Bradshaw.  I don't think I could stomach both of them at the same time.

Oh, and your Cowboys need to have a serious discussion with Romo about how his girlfriend issues seem to fuck up his quarterback skills.   Have you noticed how bad he sucks when his girlfriend is watching?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Oh, and

Hambydammit wrote:

Oh, and your Cowboys need to have a serious discussion with Romo about how his girlfriend issues seem to fuck up his quarterback skills. Have you noticed how bad he sucks when his girlfriend is watching?

Believe me, everyone in DFW has noticed.  Truthfully though, despite the 13-3 record this year, I never thought they were that great of a team and wasn't sure how the hell they managed a 13-3 record.  So I wasn't terribly shocked that they lost to the Giants.

re: Favre in the booth - I'm right there with ya...don't think I could stand hearing Bradshaw & Favre in the same broadcast. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: For any

Hambydammit wrote:

For any NFL fans, I just have a quick question. Assuming you don't have your own horse in this race, are you more inclined to root for New England because they would be 19 - 0 for the season, or are you inclined to root for Green Bay because they're the underdogs, or maybe because it is likely to be Favre's last shot at a ring?

Personally, I think that the salary cap in the NFL is a great thing, and I think it's pretty amazing that New England has put together a New York Yankee style dominant team, but they're doing it on the same budget as everyone else. Belichick seems to be pretty much perfect on the sidelines. It's like he can't make a bad call.

I like seeing records broken, so I'm pulling for the Pats. Having said that, I wouldn't be sad if the Pack pulled off the upset.

(I suppose it's possible the Chargers and Giants will play, but I have to be honest -- I wouldn't be even remotely interested in that game.)

Dude, It isnt even the end of the first quarter of SD vs NE. And Green bay doesnt play till 6pm edt. A bit presumptive, however likely they will meet in the Super Bowl.

I would root for NE because BOTH Green Bay and NE have won before, so the 19 -0 record would be the only thing I would be rooting for.

Personally I'd like to see SD beet NE and the Giants beat Green Bay. I like Eli Manning, even though he plays in the Skins(my team) division. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
HC Grindon

HC Grindon wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

Oh, and your Cowboys need to have a serious discussion with Romo about how his girlfriend issues seem to fuck up his quarterback skills. Have you noticed how bad he sucks when his girlfriend is watching?

Believe me, everyone in DFW has noticed. Truthfully though, despite the 13-3 record this year, I never thought they were that great of a team and wasn't sure how the hell they managed a 13-3 record. So I wasn't terribly shocked that they lost to the Giants.

re: Favre in the booth - I'm right there with ya...don't think I could stand hearing Bradshaw & Favre in the same broadcast.

Dallas has a 13-3 record because the NFC east hasn't had all the teams in that division be playoff condenders  consistantly since the 80s. They just dont suck as bad

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
As a Buffalo Bills fan,

As a Buffalo Bills fan, watching any team but the Patriots do so well would be easier. That said, Brady's game last week was astonishing.

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pack all the way. 

Pack all the way. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: As a

wavefreak wrote:
As a Buffalo Bills fan, watching any team but the Patriots do so well would be easier. That said, Brady's game last week was astonishing.

It would take a theist to be a Bills fan. Only someone delusionall could be a fan of a team that LOST THE BIG KAHONA 4 YEARS IN A ROW!

(Note to Self...aka.. Brian37...Skins couldnt get laid in a whorehouse)

Nevermind... 

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interestingly, the last

Interestingly, the last time the Redskins got "laid" was against the Bills in 92. 

I'm a recovering Bills fan myself.   

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   Football ? nay,

Football ?, how about pro mud wrestling ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIuvlqKX0TY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSBsyc2zvt4&feature=related

, thought that was Sapient for a second .... couldn't find Kelly .... Ah Shucks

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, for my money, the

Well, for my money, the Pats looked flat, but the Chargers just didn't have much offense at all without LT.  At Green Bay, It was amusing as all hell watching one Mississippi boy out-quarterback another Mississippi boy in -4 degree weather.  I wonder what kind of odds you'd have gotten in the preseason if you'd picked the Giants for the superbowl.

Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
See what I mean Hambi,

See what I mean Hambi, everyone, almost every prognosticator had Green Bay going, and untill that last interception by Farve, it was looking that way.

I wouldnt put it past the Giants to win considering Eli's rivalry with his own brother. Then again, the Pats are looking to match the Dophines perfect season. I'm still seeing the Pats winning, but considering that the Giants won in Lambo, I wouldnt put it past them. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I hate New England - because

I hate New England - because I hate cheaters and I hate favoritism by officials.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: See what I mean

Quote:
See what I mean Hambi, everyone, almost every prognosticator had Green Bay going, and untill that last interception by Farve, it was looking that way.

I think almost every prognosticator (myself included) overestimated the "Destiny Effect."  That's where we believe someone is more likely to win because it would make a great story.  The Giants have been playing fucking great football.  Coming into last night, Manning had over 70% completions in his last three games.

Quote:
I wouldnt put it past the Giants to win considering Eli's rivalry with his own brother. 

I think the Giants match up better against the Pats than the Pack would have.  If you give up three interceptions against the Pats, you will lose.  Favre, of course, is just about as good at throwing INTs as TDs.  Manning, at 70% accuracy, is not as likely to do it.

Having said that, the Destiny Effect is still in full force.  Will the Pats cave in under the pressure of dealing with the 19-0 number for half a season?  Or will it inspire them to play even better?  I dunno.  They looked pretty flat yesterday, and their defense was like a sieve until SD got to the red zone.  Had LT been playing, I think the chargers could have won.

Quote:
I'm still seeing the Pats winning, but considering that the Giants won in Lambo, I wouldnt put it past them. 

I'm interested in seeing what the line's going to be.  I don't follow pro football as closely as college, but I'd be hard pressed to give more than 4 points to the Giants.

Books about atheism

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Giants might have the pass

Giants might have the pass rush to take down the Pats. Every time he has a bad game it seems it's under serious pressure. When he has time to stand back and through he is a machine.  Even so, I have to put my money on the Pats.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Every time he has a

Quote:
Every time he has a bad game it seems it's under serious pressure. When he has time to stand back and through he is a machine.

You know, people forget that Brady can move a bit.  He gets such good protection that he rarely needs to, but if they start putting too much pressure on him, he'll roll out.  Big rush = open receivers.

I agree that the smart money is on the Pats, but I think it's going to be a very close game.  Those Mannings... they seem to find ways to win big games.

Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I absolutely can't wait for

I absolutely can't wait for my Pats to be crowned champions again.  If my math is correct, that would be six championships in Boston since the last time New York won one - with half as many teams in Boston.

For the whiners out there, the team that gets the most calls in the league is the Indianapolis Colts, because everyone with the last name Manning is supposed to be a media darling.  Phantom holding calls, phantom pass interference - it's all great.

Maybe people who live in the Rust Belt and in the mid-Atlantic should get some teams that don't totally suck before whining about other franchises.

Oh, and Philadelphia is friggin' West Sarajevo.

"Like Fingerpainting 101, gimme no credit for having class; one thumb on the pulse of the nation, one thumb in your girlfriend's ass; written on, written off, some calling me a joke, I don't think that I'm a sellout but I do enjoy Coke."

-BHG

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Speaking of Dungee... I'm

Speaking of Dungee... I'm about tired of everyone kissing his ass because he's such a "good man of faith."

I'm not denying his talent as a coach.  He's clearly very good at team building.  I'd just rather focus on that instead of what a man of faith he is.

Books about atheism

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's a fun little

Here's a fun little statistic:

Eli Manning has the same number of touchdowns, interceptions, and QB rating this season that Rex Grossman did last season when the Bears went to the Super Bowl and got stomped by the Colts.

My conclusion? The NFC blows donkeys. And not in the good way.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote: The

LosingStreak06 wrote:

The NFC blows donkeys. And not in the good way.

There's a good way to blow donkeys?

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
A young woman whose stage

A young woman whose stage name was "Carlita" taught me that, yes, there is.