Not one of you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Sorry to put a damper on the whole thing, but saying "I deny the power or existence of the Holy Spirit" is not blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

in the Christian Faith, the Holy Spirit is God. that would mean that anyone who denies the existence of God is committing the unpardonable sin.

that would mean men like C.S Lews and Kirk Cameron have also blasphemed the Holy Spirit because they used to deny God's existence.

Now I will explain why NONE of you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, nor could you even if you wanted too!

in order to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, you must believe in Satan

to believe in Satan you must believe in the Bible

If you dont believe in Satan, you can't blaspheme the Holy Spirit

because

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit, is to see a miracle performed by Christ or His Body (the Church) and say that they get their power from Satan.

Read the context in Matthew 12, and check out verse 24. I know you dont believe the Bible, but many Atheists read it, so you can simply read the whole passage when Jesus Christ refers to the unpardonable sin.

You cannot commit the unpardonable sin unless you believe in the Devil, and so you are all exempted from the possibility.

the Blaspheme Challege is a Total waste of time! It show people dont even understand the things they are trying to mock.

If you want to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, you have to witness a miracle in the name of Christ, and say it was done by the powers of darkness.

plain and simple, no Atheist ever has, or could blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Girl Dancing In...
Girl Dancing In Orbit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Then how can we go to hell

Then how can we go to hell ? I really don't want to go to heaven since playing the harp on a cloud with Mother Teresa really sounds like a boring eternal lifestyle. I'd rather smoke weed in hell with Elvis.

I already masturbate and have sex with my own gender. Is that enough ? And if not, what can i do ?

Si Dieu existe, c'est Son problème !
If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968
romancedlife.blogspot.com

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
Thank you for once again

Thank you for once again proving why christianity is so ambiguously fucking silly:

"Ours is the correct interpretation of Fucktardians 3:1, which is why the Truth lies with us here at the "Third Church of Jeebus Christ - Proctologist", the one TRUE faith."

Sheesh! 

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Whatever.  There is still,

Whatever.  There is still, however, an unpardonable state of existence--the state of continued unbelief.

The entire point of the Blasphemy Challenge is to get a message across to other humans, not your non-existant daddy-in-the-sky.

I say you can't blaspheme something that doesn't exist.

So no one ever thought they were actually blaspheming something that really existed.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
If the unpardonable sin was

If the unpardonable sin was the unperfomable sin, why would Jesus (he who you believe to be the offspring of your God) waste time mentioning it?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline
hey, if you want to get a

hey,

if you want to get a message out that you dont believe in the Christian God, then you can simply say that.

but you've tried to do that by saying you blaspheme the Holy Spirit, I'm just pointing out that you are not blaspheming Him.

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote: the

Jayacai wrote:

the Blaspheme Challege is a Total waste of time!

Hmm !

I'm wondering who is really wasting his time here ! 

If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline
to jcgadfly the sin is not

to jcgadfly

the sin is not unperformable

but it can only be performed by "religious" people.

Jesus Christ charged the Religious Leaders of his day with blaspheming the Holy Spirit, because they told Him that He got His power to perform miracles from the devil.

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline
......the millions of people

to "girl dancing in"

......the people wasting time are the millions of people who record themselves saying "I deny the existence of the Holy Spirit"

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote: to jcgadfly

Jayacai wrote:

to jcgadfly

Then as a baptized Southern Baptist I do hereby blaspheme the son, the father, and the holy spirit.

They are powerless, useless, and non-existent.  But if they did exist they could only get any powers from the also non-existent devil.

Happy?

Vessel
Vessel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote: to jcgadfly

Jayacai wrote:

to jcgadfly

Jesus Christ charged the Religious Leaders of his day with blaspheming the Holy Spirit, because they told Him that He got His power to perform miracles from the devil.

Actually the sin is unperformable being as that the holy spirit doesn't exist, but that fact, much like your point, completely misses the point of the Blasphemy Challenge.

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote: Jayacai

Watcher wrote:
Jayacai wrote:

to jcgadfly

Then as a baptized Southern Baptist I do hereby blaspheme the son, the father, and the holy spirit.

They are powerless, useless, and non-existent.  But if they did exist they could only get any powers from the also non-existent devil.

Happy?

baptism has nothing to do with it. Its simply a ritual.

but the point is. You cant do it unless you actually believe in the devil. If you think he's not existant you cant blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
i'm not trying to encourage you to try and blaspheme the Holy Spirit. I was just pointing out that you cant do it.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote: baptism has

Jayacai wrote:

baptism has nothing to do with it. Its simply a ritual. but the point is. You cant do it unless you actually believe in the devil. If you think he's not existant you cant blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
i'm not trying to encourage you to try and blaspheme the Holy Spirit. I was just pointing out that you cant do it.

I guess I'll have to be content with just performing the unforgivable sin then.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote:Sorry to

Jayacai wrote:

Sorry to put a damper on the whole thing, but saying "I deny the power or existence of the Holy Spirit" is not blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

in the Christian Faith, the Holy Spirit is God. that would mean that anyone who denies the existence of God is committing the unpardonable sin.

that would mean men like C.S Lews and Kirk Cameron have also blasphemed the Holy Spirit because they used to deny God's existence.

Now I will explain why NONE of you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, nor could you even if you wanted too!

because

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit, is to see a miracle performed by Christ or His Body (the Church) and say that they get their power from Satan.

Read the context in Matthew 12, and check out verse 24. I know you dont believe the Bible, but many Atheists read it, so you can simply read the whole passage when Jesus Christ refers to the unpardonable sin.

You cannot commit the unpardonable sin unless you believe in the Devil, and so you are all exempted from the possibility.

the Blaspheme Challege is a Total waste of time! It show people dont even understand the things they are trying to mock.

If you want to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, you have to witness a miracle in the name of Christ, and say it was done by the powers of darkness.

For my personal, sadistic entertainment purposes only...

Lets see what the blasphemaster can whiz up ^_^

---------------------------------------

I, a former Catholic Priest in training, who fell to the ways of Satan and decided to become a Doctor of Medicine... have witnessed a great many "miracles" in my chosen field, people coming out of 8 year coma's, being revived after 25minutes of death (will minimal brain damage >.> ). Alas... do to my now fluent worship of the Evil one, i do deny the "miracles" as the work of God or Jesus. Such has gone on for many years...

and thanks to Satan, i now own an abortion clinic in Nebraska... very profitable if i do say so myself ^_^

Can i go to Hell now?

What Would Kharn Do?

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:
Jayacai wrote:

because

For my personal, sadistic entertainment purposes only...

Lets see what the blasphemaster can whiz up ^_^

---------------------------------------

I, a former Catholic Priest in training, who fell to the ways of Satan and decided to become a Doctor of Medicine... have witnessed a great many "miracles" in my chosen field, people coming out of 8 year coma's, being revived after 25minutes of death (will minimal brain damage >.> ). Alas... do to my now fluent worship of the Evil one, i do deny the "miracles" as the work of God or Jesus. Such has gone on for many years...

and thanks to Satan, i now own an abortion clinic in Nebraska... very profitable if i do say so myself ^_^

Can i go to Hell now?

you just said you follow Satan.

so that means you believe in the Bible to be true.

I didnt think you could be an Atheist and believe in the supernatural? arent you just part of the New Age movement?

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
but thats just it.... IM NOT

but thats just it.... IM NOT AN ATHIEST >.<

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Like the last ten people

Like the last ten people who posted the same thing, you've completely missed the point.

You're right. No one at the RRS DOES believe in Satan, or in miracles, or in god, or in the holy spirit. The key element you're searching for here isn't whether or not they have successfully blasphemed god, but why the hell they would bother trying if they didn't believe in him (or in the consequences) anyway? What's the point?

The fact that you are here right now bitching about it is proof of its success.

Thanks for giving a shit. No one here does! =)

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
  Note: this is the

Note: this is the 354,765,978,257,234,230,986,189th thread made about this.

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote: but

The Doomed Soul wrote:
but thats just it.... IM NOT AN ATHEIST >.<

hey,

I thought this forum was for atheists, people who deny the supernatural, so i thought you were an atheist.

If you are a Satanist then you believe the Bible, you just wont obey it. If you believe in Satan, you are actually an opponent of the Rational Response Squad , even if you worship him.

athiests can't blaspheme the Holy Spirit because they dont believe in Satan.It can only be done by a mind that sincerely believes in God and the Devil.

and btw. If you want to know what will happen to your master, the Evil one. its right here

Revelation 20:10

AND THE DEVIL, WHO DECIEVED THEM, WAS CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE WHERE THE BEAST AND THE FALSE PROPHET ARE, AND THEY WILL BE TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT FOREVER AND EVER.

your Master is going down!

Christ already made a public spectacle of Him after the Cross (Colossians 2:15)

your Master is a liar, a murdere and a theif.

He steals peoples lives and ruins them.

I value my life and love it alot, so i chose God.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
oh come on now... im trying

oh come on now... im trying to enjoy the trollish bantering >.>

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

MattShizzle wrote:

Note: this is the 354,765,978,257,234,230,986,189th thread made about this.

oh alright, well I've never been here before. but its worth mentioning again since the number of people involved in the blaspheme challenge is still growing.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote: If you are

Jayacai wrote:

If you are a Satanist then you believe the Bible, you just wont obey it. If you believe in Satan, you are actually an opponent of the Rational Response Squad , even if you worship him.

Why would i be against people who are trying to bring down religion? especially Christianity? The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Jayacai wrote:

You say that like its a bad thing...

What Would Kharn Do?

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
WOOT!! our evil plan to

WOOT!! our evil plan to create an army of Rational Soldiers is working. Slowly all your gods will be nothing but reminates of a hateful past...
MUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:
Jayacai wrote:

Why would i be against people who are trying to bring down religion? especially Christianity? The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Jayacai wrote:

You say that like its a bad thing...

If we were discussing this on CNN, which we could be one day, would you actually say that you think that murder, lies, and destruction of lives is good? also, the RRS will still mock you even though you like them

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote: your Master

Jayacai wrote:

Hmmm...who does this sound like?

Aha!

The biblical god.  Yeah, that's it.  God has murdered far more people than satan could ever wish to.

Jayacai
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Jayacai

Watcher wrote:
Jayacai wrote:

Hmmm...who does this sound like?

Aha!

The biblical god.  Yeah, that's it.  God has murdered far more people than satan could ever wish to.

God only punishes guilty people.

Satan murders innocent ones and enjoys it because He is sick and thats why we have sick humans because he influences them.

If God ever murdered an innocent person He woudlnt be God.

you might think the things in the Bible that people do are not worthy of death, but you dont see from God's perspective.

If God creates you, and gives you everything in the world, and lets you do whatever you want, but says "dont eat carrots"

He is doing it as a test of obedience, something that must be done for a relationship to be genuine.

you might think "its so awful for God to kill people just because they ate carrots! what a mean God!"

the fact is eating the carrots had nothing to do with it, it was being disobedient, He could of said "dont swim in a certain lake, or dont eat from a certain tree, or dont comb your hair on a certain day"

It might seem like a small thing, but the penalty is death for disobedience.

God has never punished an innocent person.

Satan delights in lying and hurting nice people, he is twisted.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote: [  If we

Jayacai wrote:
[

If we were discussing this on CNN, which we could be one day, would you actually say that you think that murder, lies, and destruction of lives is good? also, the RRS will still mock you even though you like them

Now i know your new here and all... but you dont know jack about ole Doomy >.>

What Would Kharn Do?

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
so r u....

so r u....

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
Alright, let me explain to

Alright, let me explain to our new friend Jayacai what is the purpose of the blasphemy challenge.

It is a statement that postulates : We don't give a blunt fuck about God !

And nothing more.

Thank you, come again !

stuntgibbon
stuntgibbon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Not one of you have

Quote:

Well of course we haven't.  The Holy Spirit doesn't exist!   You've uncovered our plan to enlighten believers by reminding them it's all quite silly. 

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
First, I still think you're

First, I still think you're missing the point of the blasphemy challenge. I have a feeling that you will either never get it, or will refuse to get it.

Here's a clue to get you started: The point of the video wasn't the blasphemy.

Quote:

God also makes up the definition of guilty, so that means jack shit.

Quote:

Satan murders innocent ones and enjoys it because He is sick and thats why we have sick humans because he influences them.

Blah, blah, blah, blah... 

God = sunshine and cinnamon buns.

Satan = not sunshine and cinnamon buns.

Quote:

That Abraham and Isaac story was pretty interesting then.

Also that time he killed all those babies.

Quote:

you might think the things in the Bible that people do are not worthy of death, but you dont see from God's perspective.

You might not think that everything you are saying is a complete load of bullshit, but you don't see it from my perspective.

You see how stupid this is now, don't you? Please? 

Quote:

If God creates you,

Which he didn't. 

Quote:
and gives you everything in the world,

which he hasn't

Quote:

and lets you do whatever you want,

which he doesn't

Quote:

but says "dont eat carrots"

which wouldn't be letting me do whatever I want, but whatever

Quote:

He is doing it as a test of obedience, something that must be done for a relationship to be genuine.

I assume this is an obscure reference to Adam & Eve (a story the bible ripped off from another religion, btw). Actually, though, he could have just fucking trusted us without laying traps? I trust everyone I love without testing them.

At best, you've proven that your God is self-conscious. It's kind of weird to contemplate an ULTIMATE BEING who knows he is ultimate being self-conscious.

Quote:

you might think "its so awful for God to kill people just because they ate carrots! what a mean God!"

Out of context, this quote is hilarious!

Quote:

the fact is eating the carrots had nothing to do with it, it was being disobedient,

Oh, so he's a ruthless dictator. We'd probably agree about that. Now we just need to get you to inadvertently admit that his story is bullshit and we'll be all set. =)

Quote:

"You bet it is!"

You bet it is! 

Quote:

Except Isaac.

And all those babies.

Quote:

God = sunshine and cinnamon buns.

Satan = not sunshine and cinnamon buns.

No convincing taking place here! 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote:

Jayacai wrote:

If God creates you, and gives you everything in the world, and lets you do whatever you want, but says "dont eat carrots"

the fact is eating the carrots had nothing to do with it, it was being disobedient, He could of said "dont swim in a certain lake, or dont eat from a certain tree, or dont comb your hair on a certain day"

Please explain why newborn infants are born with horriable disabilities and/or suffer painful deaths. How can you say god gives you everything in the world if some people don't even have food on their table... or perhaps they don't even have a table? Are these people still subject to the same scrutiny?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote: God only

Jayacai wrote:

...Ok then. Well I guess that clears everything up. How could we have been so blind? Thank you so much.

And thank you too Holy Spirit. I'm sure you had a hand in this. Keep up the good work there buddy. And tell Jesus I said hey.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai wrote:God only

Jayacai wrote:

Let me put this in perspective for you, buddy.

You coming here saying that we are being disobedient to god sounds as ridiculous to us as if someone told you that you are being disobedient to thor.

...or the toothfairy.

Stop being disobedient to the Tooth Fairy, Jayacai.  The punishement for disobedience is gingivitis.

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, Jayacai, since nobody

OK, Jayacai, since nobody has really pointed this out to you yet, allow me.  The Blasphemy Challenge really has nothing to do with correctly or incorrectly interpreting what is or isn't an unredeemable sin.  Many theists have come to these boards and pointed out any number of ways in which an atheist taking the Challenge "really didn't actually commit blasphemy."

The point was to generate publicity for atheism by showing that A) We atheists are no longer content to hide in the closet and let theocrats run roughshod over the concepts of freedom, equality, and basic common decency, and B)If you are an atheist, not only are you not alone, but there are many, many people that share your lack of belief.  Old people, young people, black, white, yellow, etc.  We're in all walks of life, and, most frightening to theists -- we are mostly normal everyday folks.  However, theists are not allowed to disregard our rights, we will fight you for them, and there are more of us than you think there are.  And we're growing in number daily.

That, my good man, was the point of the blasphemy challenge.  We don't care about the semantics behind your silly stories.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

DrTerwilliker
DrTerwilliker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jayacai,

Jayacai,

You are so hysterically obtuse, that it's almost not worth engaging in a discussion with you. It's sure to be a frustrating, painful experience. I must be a little masochistic, however, because I'm going to try anyway.

You speak of Satan's evil and God's love. However, if I were to believe in both, I'd probably end up siding with Satan, by default. The Christian God is so alarmingly malevolent and evil, I find it hard to believe anyone of intelligence worships him. He's omniscient and omnipotent, and yet created us all, knowing the whole time that most of us would end up in eternal torment. He obviously knew what would happen if he made the world, and yet, for whatever odd reason, he did so anyway. He gave us brains that work, brains that were sure to see the glaring contradictions and bizarre nature of such a God, and yet penalizes us horribly for being unable to believe in such an odd, unkind deity.

And sorry, have you read the Old Testament? It's filled with mandates that we brutally murder people who've committed the most natural, benign infractions. It endorses sexism, slavery, abuse. It's a horrible book. I realize that most Christians no longer think Old Testament Law applies, but the notion that any wise, loving God would hold any human beings to these standards at any time is utterly insane! I'd expect a book written by the smartes entity in existence to be filled with wisdom, clarity, and mercy that stuns all who read it. Still, when I read it, I'm absolutely sickened.

You choose to not only believe in such a sickening god, but to actually worship it! I'm sorry to be so frank, but you repulse me.

DrTerwilliker

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Roisin Dubh wrote: OK,

Roisin Dubh wrote:

OK, Jayacai, since nobody has really pointed this out to you yet, allow me. The Blasphemy Challenge really has nothing to do with correctly or incorrectly interpreting what is or isn't an unredeemable sin....

In other words, I deny the Holy Spirit and I am not afraid.