In my humble opinion......

Uncle Dave
Uncle Dave's picture
User is offlineOffline
In my humble opinion......

Religion!

It’s the bane of our existence on this planet. Were it not for religion I believe we would have no wars, no poverty, no famine and I further believe we would be traveling to the stars right now instead of hoping to get back to the moon in another ten years.

Our goal as humans should be the survival of and the betterment of the species not winning arguments about who’s imaginary friend is best and/or real.

The ultimate argument is simple…If you can’t prove it exists then you need to accept that it doesn’t. The test could be that you pray to it to show it’s self to all, and once and for all prove it’s existence or you will have to accept that it is only your imaginary friend and as an adult you must give up such things.

It is impossible to make people give up their beliefs and people should in truth be allowed to believe whatever it is that they truly want to believe. However, holding on to the belief in an imaginary friend once you have become an adult is evidence that you have not truly accepted the responsibilities of growing up. If you believe in an imaginary deity, you should not be allowed to participate in adult activities such as voting, holding office, holding professional licenses, holding a security clearance or reproducing. Higher education would be wasted on such persons as well, so religious folk will not be allowed to go to college or, for that matter, any education past high school.

The belief in a non-existent god is a malignant disease that should be stricken from the minds of the entire human race. It has been used for millennia as an excuse to abuse fellow humans. Wives, children, friends and strangers have all been injured, killed, starved and abused in myriad ways under the guise of carrying out the will of god.

It is time for the human race as individuals to accept responsibility for their own actions! If we are ever to get past the point of being just another angry rash on the skin of the planet Earth we must first and foremost, cure the disease of religion within us.

Now if I could just figure out a way to publish this without devastating a lot of very deluded people that I love very much I would be one happy man.

I refuse to make my home in any Ecosystem where I am not at (or at least very near) the Top of the Food Chain.

Uncle Dave

Uncle Dave

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, Uncle Dave.

When you get a chance, we'd love it if you'd hop over to General Conversation, Introductions and Humor and introduce yourself. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't take offense to this,

Don't take offense to this, but you sound like Scrooge.Frown

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Not really - Scrooge cared

Not really - Scrooge cared little or anything for his fellow man - Uncle Dave seems to very much.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.