Chris Hedges prophecy: V-Tech massacre?

Vanguard
Vanguard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chris Hedges prophecy: V-Tech massacre?

In American Fascists Hedges states quite explicitly that it will take only one more 911 type tragedy to occur for the Christian Right to attempt to seize control of the entire nation. Considering the unbelievable amount of finger pointing and calls for religious influence in schools coming from the Christian Right after the V-Tech massacre, could this have been the next tragedy that Hedges was anticipating? But it simply was not tragic enough to give them the platform they needed to make such an impact?

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."
- Gene Roddenberry

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think the catastrophy

I think the catastrophy that Hedges, and John Dean, author of Conservatives without Conscience, think will be the turning point that turns this country fascist will be an event allegedly perpetrated by Islamic radicals.

These two authors are not the only ones to make that claim. Former marine and weapons inspector Scot Ritter said it as well. The big fear is that a paramilitary group or counter-intelligence officers in the CIA may create a false-flag type of scenario to help bring about this so-called New World Order.

Sorry if this sounds to tinfoil-y, but that's my theory as well. Hold on to your butts folks! 

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

NinjaTux
NinjaTux's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vanguard wrote: In American

Vanguard wrote:
In American Fascists Hedges states quite explicitly that it will take only one more 911 type tragedy to occur for the Christian Right to attempt to seize control of the entire nation. Considering the unbelievable amount of finger pointing and calls for religious influence in schools coming from the Christian Right after the V-Tech massacre, could this have been the next tragedy that Hedges was anticipating? But it simply was not tragic enough to give them the platform they needed to make such an impact?

No, I think that they are awaiting an external attack that would again reaffirm the fence-sitters that they need a strong government for protection.  the xtians in the use utilize fear as their primary weapon, without they would fall apart. 

No Gods, Know Peace.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is onlineOnline
I'd like to think this was a

I'd like to think this was a ludicrous idea. Unfortunately that's exactly what the xtians want.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vanguard
Vanguard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: I'd like to

Vastet wrote:
I'd like to think this was a ludicrous idea. Unfortunately that's exactly what the xtians want.

That and their rapture, yeah. 

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."
- Gene Roddenberry