this makes me F***ing sick!

Medievalguy
Medievalguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
this makes me F***ing sick!

You all might remember a thread about the most hated theists in the country, well they're up to some twisted shit again. They are going to go to EVERY funeral for the massacred VT students and preach how god sent this mad man to kill all these people, that it is god's will. I want to fucking pull out their fingernails and cut their eyes out with them. What they are planning to do is beyong horrible. see their page

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Makes you F***ing sick? It

Makes you F***ing sick?

It makes me FUCKING SICK.  I am past horrified.

Fred just wants to be on the news again.  I hope he doesn't get any air time. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Medievalguy
Medievalguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
well yes, my anger level is

well yes, my anger level is past the largest font size one could type "fucking", but i wasn't sure if it would be appropriate for me to write that as the topic that everyone would see. oh well, sounds silly now that i think about it

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can't anyone slap a

Can't anyone slap a restraining order on this bastard?  When does free speech cross the line into something else?

*SPEECHLESS*  

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
Medievalguy wrote: You all

Medievalguy wrote:

You all might remember a thread about the most hated theists in the country, well they're up to some twisted shit again. They are going to go to EVERY funeral for the massacred VT students and preach how god sent this mad man to kill all these people, that it is god's will. I want to fucking pull out their fingernails and cut their eyes out with them. What they are planning to do is beyong horrible. see their page

You know, wish someone would find out about the male prostitute he's being sleeping with for the past three years on the side.  We all know haggard wasn't an isolated incident.  I'm prettysure all these fire and brimstone homophobes have one.

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline

Medievalguy wrote:

I think if they do, they will get their ass kicked at one those funerals

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote: Medievalguy

AiiA wrote:
Medievalguy wrote:

I think if they do, they will get their ass kicked at one those funerals

I know that this offers no solace for our rage, but that is exactly what they want. I derive pleasure from the fact that it has not happened because it just makes them look even more irrational by virtue of their unjustified paranoia.

Typically, they are shrouded by police presence to the point that even if you simply want to talk to them the police force you back under threat of arrest. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know, if he keeps this

You know, if he keeps this stupidity up, it's only a matter of time before some pissed off family member kills him and his entire clan in a similar blood bath.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

22jesus22
22jesus22's picture
User is offlineOffline
what an embarrassing group

what an embarrassing group of people.  I agree with josh though, all they are looking for is a reaction.  Hard not to give it to them though, they're quite disgusting.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
You'd think it would qualify

You'd think it would qualify as harrassment. If they want to preach their garbage to their inbred flock from some pressboard pulpit, that's their right. But to specifically target mourners is not simply exercise of free speech.

MisterDax
User is offlineOffline
That is fucking sick! I am

That is fucking sick!

I am not the first one to advocate violence, but I hope that during their hate-protest, some other people will assault them. I know, they are just going to feel like martyrs after that and get stronger...ok, bad idea.

How does one fight against something like this? 

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
One day some greiving family

One day some greiving family member or lifelong aquintance of the deceased at a funeral picketed by the Phelps will snap and go on a killing rampage and waste every last member of that hateful little death cult. Good riddance too. Maybe the police will give him/her a medal.

{EDIT}: Ah, I see Vastet thought the same 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Witness of the Lord
Theist
User is offlineOffline
God didn't do this..

[MOD EDIT - removing post from theist in Freethinker's forum]

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Witness of the Lord

Witness of the Lord wrote:

Actually, a brief look at the bible would show that the christian god would in fact do something like this. That's about the only thing these idiots have right. They are shining examples of just how stupid christianity is, by adhering to it better than 95%+ of those who call themselves christian.

Witness of the Lord
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Only God Knows Why..

MisterDax
User is offlineOffline
Witness of the Lord

It's sad to think that a Christian would think that God would kill all of these young people at VT.  This isn't true.

In the OT, God kills 42 children by using two bears. If God has no moral objections killing 42 children, what moral objections could it have not to kill around 30 people by using a crazy gunman?

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
4 of the Phelps children

4 of the Phelps children who managed to escape that craziness say he has a hate addiction.

Here's a book about it: Addicted to Hate

The book was never published due to fear of lawsuit, but became public when the author sued the publisher, who maintained that it was a work for hire and therefore could not be taken to another publisher, attaching a copy of the manuscript to the suit as an exhibit thus making it public record.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
They are a bunch of assholes

They are a bunch of assholes and douchfaces. Pretty much a cult.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
By the way I had to make a

By the way I had to make a video response to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrbksTxdDfk

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You must be a fan of the

EDIT....I FORGOT TO QUOTE THE ORIGNAL POST... THE FOLLOWING IS AIMED AT THE POSTER WHO'D SUGGEST REACTING TO HATE WITH VIOLENCE. 

You must be a fan of the OT's "eye for an eye" garbage.

You think your attitude is a one way street? There are tons of Christians and Muslims who'd love for us atheists to be arrested but cant because the Constitution affords us the right to say the things we do.

I support your condamnation of Phelps, but in no way will ever advocate violence, even against sickos like him.

I dont wish violence on them. I understand the hate toward them but wishing their suffering the way they wish suffering on others wont ease emotions or end bigotry.

If you want to do something positive I'd suggest donating to future scholarships which will inevitably be set up in the victims names. If you want to show your presence also in a counter protest to them, that would also be postitive. But dont combat their hate by wishing violence on them yourself.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Witness of the Lord

I am not going to delete your posts here, but if any of the other mods see fit it would within the rules.

I am not doing so because you realized the rules and apologized. Just make sure from this point forward you are not in the "Freethinkers Anonymous" before posting.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
phelps

I live in Kansas, about a half hour away from Topeka where phelps as his gang of worthless assholes "worship". He's been a local eyesore since I was in highschool back in the 80's. most people around here have reached the point where we just roll our eyes and ignore him when he pops up, because in case you're unfamiliar with the background story on the scumbag it goes something like this:

phelps and his nutty offspring don't ever go anywhere without video cameras and they love nothing more than confrontation. they happily drag to court anyone and everyone possible for any ridiculous reason they can muster. phelps thrives on the attention. in the last few years local radio and tv stations have learned to stop covering phelps rallies and events. unfortunately the rest of the US is now catering to phelps' massive ego.

here in Kansas we all realize that phelps is a sick, worthless piece of shit, but the more attention he gets the stronger he becomes. his rallies used to just be him and a dozen crazies. now it's five times that size. we all totally support legislation to keep him away from funerals, etc. but it's critical that he stop receiving news coverage. i can't emphasize that enough. 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I think giving Phelps

Yeah, I think giving Phelps any kind of publicity only eggs him on and incites him to continue his jackassery. The best thing everyone can do is ignore him, but I can't see that happening either. If he is going to protest and get coverage maybe there should always be a counter protest going on.

Icebergin
Icebergin's picture
User is offlineOffline
I signed up for this forum

I signed up for this forum after trolling for many months to post this message.

These people make me sick to my stomach. Not as an atheist, but as a human being. The Westboro Baptist church is a plague upon this nation itself, and should have legal action taken against them for promoting hate crimes.

The funeral of a victim of a terrible massacre like this one is no place for this sort of propagana, however it is protected under the constitution of the United States of America. Something needs to be done about such hate. However, without losing some of our own freedom of expression, this seems very difficult.

My thoughts are with the victims' families and their fellow students. Being a college student here in Indiana, it is easy for me to relate to part of what they're going through. I hope that their faith (if they are theists) or strong support networks (if they aren't) can help them through this time of grief. It is horrific that some people would resort to such violence and harm innocent people.

For the people out there that are more versed in the field of law and legal proceedings, is there anything that can be done? The WBC is stepping over the line here, and I'm sure that athiests and theists alike can agree on this.

EDIT: I think I misused the word "trolling", what I mean to say is that I read the board a lot, first time posting. Just reading and not contributing is considered trolling as well, no? Ah well fuck it. that's what I mean even if I'm using the wrong term.

YOU shut the fuck up! WE'LL save America!

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
phelps used to do rallies

phelps used to do rallies in my hometown on a weekly basis, and for a while he drew huges crowds and counter protests. then we switched tactics and began to ignore him, and he lost interest in us.

i know how angry he makes us all, and how hard it is to not pay attention to him, but knowing the way he is it might really be the best option.

or you could do what one lady in topeka did and run him over with your car. the judge actually let her off with a warning. true story. i shit you not. but i wouldn't recommend it Smiling

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Icebergin wrote: EDIT: I

Icebergin wrote:

EDIT: I think I misused the word "trolling", what I mean to say is that I read the board a lot, first time posting. Just reading and not contributing is considered trolling as well, no? Ah well fuck it. that's what I mean even if I'm using the wrong term.

I believe the term "lurking" is what you're looking for. Trolling is saying inciteful stuff just to get a rise out of people, hit-and-run posting, and such. At any rate, Welcome to the board.

Phelps makes me so SO angry. I want to wish violence on him, but really? I just wish he'd stop. The sad part is that even after he's old and kicks the bucket he has a whole tribe to carry the torch of hatred. When I'm an old woman, I really hope his family has quit this stupid horrendous callous crap.

Icebergin
Icebergin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lurking, it was on the tip

Lurking, it was on the tip of my tongue!

My sentiments exactly, however I fear this problem will be getting worse before it gets better. 

lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I agree with some of

Yeah, I agree with some of you that violence is not the answer.  Although I would like nothing more than to have these people eradicated from the Earth... I would never want to incite actual harm onto them.  Freedom of speech is freedom of speech after all... but I still think there should be laws that prohibit them from protesting at funerals and such.

JESUS SAVES!!! .... and takes only half damage!

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah I just finished

Yeah I just finished watching the BBC documentary that Louis Theroux did and it made me sick.  I find these people similar (in how they carry things out, not in the severity.  I want to make this clear before I continue) to the idea of computer programmers who make viruses to cause computer problems.  If they just took all their resources and knowledge and put it towards doing something good, the world would be a better place.  Same with the Phelps.  If they took all the energy and resources they put into promoting hate and retardedness (in the BBC story, they spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000 just in plane expenses to do this shit) into helping the world, again the world would be a better place.

I agree with some of the other comments on here.  Giving them press just feeds them, however on the other hand if you just let them alone then there is no one to show them how lame they are.  Luckily there is a group that tries to also show up at their stupid funeral protests called the Patriot Guard Riders that came up just to combat Phelps and his insanity.   

mouse
User is offlineOffline
the appropriate reaction to

the appropriate reaction to this church is utter indifference. phelps isn't worth your energy or anger; it's exactly what he's feeding off of. the worst thing that could ever happen to him is that his ludicrous claims were drowned in anonymity.

Ethics and aesthetics are one
-Wittgenstein

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Of course rereading my last

Of course rereading my last post, you could apply my logic just as easily to religion in general.  If people spent all the time, energy, resources and money that they spend on tithes/churches/prayer and put it into meaningful charities and humanity, again the world would be a better place.  Which of course reinforces the idea of the RRS. 

Largo
Largo's picture
User is offlineOffline
MisterDax wrote: In the

MisterDax wrote:

In the OT, God kills 42 children by using two bears. If God has no moral objections killing 42 children, what moral objections could it have not to kill around 30 people by using a crazy gunman?

Not only did he murder 42 children in a particularly grizzley way (sorry about the pun, but I couldn't help myself), but according to 2KI 2:23-24 he did it at the behest of Elisha, who had been mocked by the children for his baldness. Such a petty thing. Little children behaving like little children, and Elisha is so evil he curses the children in the name of God. Then God goes along with him and has 42 "little children" torn to pieces. This is a particularly good passage to quote to a Christian who tells you that "God is love."

Largo
Largo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Icebergin wrote: EDIT: I

Icebergin wrote:

I think the term you're looking for is lurking. At least it is on other boards. Trolling is deliberately using inflamitory words just to get people riled up when you actually offer no argument. Trolls are almost as bad as Phelps. Hey! Maybe I just came up with a new term . . . phelpsing. Phelpsing: being an asshole in the worst possible place at the worst possible time.

Don't worry about your use of the word trolling. We knew what you meant.

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
This family/group is so

This family/group is so fucked up! 

I didn't know anyone had ever escaped from this freak family.  Good for them!  I wouldn't be surprised if they're suffering some mental or emotional issues after that, though.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
As I've said in the past, I

As I've said in the past, I think Fred & Family went from picketing the funerals of people that passed away from AIDS, to picketing the funerals of any gay person (e.g. Matthew Shepherd), to soldiers that died in Iraq to this stunt because the press starts to lose interest. 

Notice that each step in the progression is even more offensive than the previous step.

Fred's just hoping that someone confronts him or takes a swing so he can sue.  That's how he makes his living.  (He knows the law since he's a disbarred lawyer and I think that several of his children are lawyers, too.)

Largo, I like your idea.  

Largo wrote:
Phelpsing: being an asshole in the worst possible place at the worst possible time.

Yup, he's definitely the ass-holiest! 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan, I think you're

Susan, I think you're right.  The Phelps gang has agreed to not protest certain funerals in exchange for publicity.

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Medievalguy wrote:

I normally try to be a nice person; But I so want to rip their arms off, and beat them with their own arms!

fucking self-righteous, intolerant bigots.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
How close to these people

How close do these people get to the mourners? If they're actually going to the funerals, disrupting them, how is this legal? I can understand protesting an organization, an event, or even the funeral of a controversial figure; but these people are just victims of random violence. I don't understand how this is considered an exercise of free speech rather than libel or harrassment. There's just no decency in this. It's really terrible.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sure the patriot riders

I'm sure the patriot riders will be on top of it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Icebergin wrote: I signed

Icebergin wrote:

I signed up for this forum after trolling for many months to post this message.

These people make me sick to my stomach. Not as an atheist, but as a human being. The Westboro Baptist church is a plague upon this nation itself, and should have legal action taken against them for promoting hate crimes.

The funeral of a victim of a terrible massacre like this one is no place for this sort of propagana, however it is protected under the constitution of the United States of America. Something needs to be done about such hate. However, without losing some of our own freedom of expression, this seems very difficult.

My thoughts are with the victims' families and their fellow students. Being a college student here in Indiana, it is easy for me to relate to part of what they're going through. I hope that their faith (if they are theists) or strong support networks (if they aren't) can help them through this time of grief. It is horrific that some people would resort to such violence and harm innocent people.

For the people out there that are more versed in the field of law and legal proceedings, is there anything that can be done? The WBC is stepping over the line here, and I'm sure that athiests and theists alike can agree on this.

What evidence do you have that he has commited a crime? Saying you hate someone or even a group of people IS NOT illegal.

Some Christians would claim the things said here are promoting hate. Do you want a majority of Christians passing "hate speech" bans. Who do you think the majority would go after first?

Dont shoot yourself in the foot trying to do the right thing. 

Laws allready in place allowing for the arrest for the advocation of physical violence toward others, be threat against a girlfriend or wife or business rival or group of people. The law is the same.

EXAMPLE: "Go kill joe average" Illegal

EXAMPLE: "I hate the absurd claims Christians make" Legal

You cannot honestly look me in the face and tell me that there would not be Christians who would want to ban us from making the second statement if given the chance. 

I dont however like any law that would suggest that I am not intitled to express my emotions, even emotions others preceive as negitive. I dont want goverment being my thought police. 

If we value our right to criticise and blaspheme religion, and we do, we must allow others to express their views, even when those views are disgusting, such as those of Phelps. But we cant go around using goverment to force others to like us or never to say mean or offensive things.

Your anger is justified, but I dissagree with your suggestion that goverment censorship as a solution. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

MisterDax
User is offlineOffline
Largo wrote: Not only did

Largo wrote:
Not only did he murder 42 children in a particularly grizzley way (sorry about the pun, but I couldn't help myself), but according to 2KI 2:23-24 he did it at the behest of Elisha, who had been mocked by the children for his baldness. Such a petty thing. Little children behaving like little children, and Elisha is so evil he curses the children in the name of God. Then God goes along with him and has 42 "little children" torn to pieces. This is a particularly good passage to quote to a Christian who tells you that "God is love."

Pointing out the motivation is also great way to further the point. I usually leave it to be, because I don't find any reason to be enough to tear even one child to shreads. 

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: If we

Brian37 wrote:

If we value our right to criticise and blaspheme religion, and we do, we must allow others to express their views, even when those views are disgusting, such as those of Phelps. But we cant go around using goverment to force others to like us or never to say mean or offensive things.

Your anger is justified, but I dissagree with your suggestion that goverment censorship as a solution.

You're right, that there are those who would censor anyone bashing Christianity, or any religion.  I've read such opinions.

I also agree with you about government censorship.  Freedom of speech is meant to protect offensive speech.  If no one were offended, we would need protection for it.  

Phelps and his gang are idiots, and I find their actions, opinions, and beliefs vile, but I do believe they have the right to express them.  They are usually required to be a certain distance from the funerals, so they're not right where the funeral attendees are.

Largo
Largo's picture
User is offlineOffline
MisterDax wrote:  I

MisterDax wrote:
 I usually leave it to be, because I don't find any reason to be enough to tear even one child to shreads. 
That's a good point. I was trying to show how trivial was the reason given for doing that terrible deed. But, of course, nothing those children could have done would justify their being murdered by god. When this particular passage is read from a pulpet, it should be followed immediately by,"God is love." Then the irony would be obvious to the slowest of the congregation.

rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: How close do

magilum wrote:
How close do these people get to the mourners? If they're actually going to the funerals, disrupting them, how is this legal? I can understand protesting an organization, an event, or even the funeral of a controversial figure; but these people are just victims of random violence.

They aren't ever allowed on the property of the place where the funeral is occurring. They stand outside, on street corners, whoring for attention. In some jurisdictions, laws have been passed keeping them further away then that. It's the news media that brings them into our living rooms.

magilum wrote:
I don't understand how this is considered an exercise of free speech rather than libel or harrassment. There's just no decency in this. It's really terrible.

I think you mean slander, not libel. And they don't usually make any comments about the deceased that can easily be prooven or disprooven, which means that it's protected. They are just expressing political and religious ideas most of the time, and I am happy to live in a country that allows such freedom. Sure, it's vile, offensive, and rude, but that isn't enough to invoke the law.

I think these people get way more attention then they deserve. It's a marginal group of about 70 people who are mostly related, and with whom almost no one agrees. As a group, they would get tired of the protests if everyone else didn't give their message free advertising each time they did it. It costs them a lot of money.

It's only the fairy tales they believe.

Icebergin
Icebergin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not the point I was going

Not the point I was going for, I do think it is legal for them to hold any kind of hate service they want.

I do however think there should be something in place to prevent them from causing such situations. Such recklessness will eventually cause someone to snap and attack the WBC. Provoking such response is criminally negligent, and someone will eventually get hurt or killed as a result.

Do they need censored? Absoluately not. Should there be some sort of law or group in place to keep this absurdity from escalating? Yes.

EDIT: This was in response to Brian37's response to my initial post. 

rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
User is offlineOffline
Icebergin wrote: I do

Icebergin wrote:
I do however think there should be something in place to prevent them from causing such situations. Such recklessness will eventually cause someone to snap and attack the WBC. Provoking such response is criminally negligent, and someone will eventually get hurt or killed as a result.

They never physically attack anyone. Are you saying that they should be responsible for other people attacking them illegally while they are exercising their legal 1st amendment rights? That doesn't seem fair or justified.

Icebergin wrote:
Do they need censored? Absoluately not.

It would definitely be censorship to stop them for having these protests.

Icebergin wrote:
Should there be some sort of law or group in place to keep this absurdity from escalating? Yes.

That groups is called the police, and they are allowed to intervene the moment someone breaks the law.

It's only the fairy tales they believe.

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
rexlunae wrote: Icebergin

rexlunae wrote:
Icebergin wrote:
Should there be some sort of law or group in place to keep this absurdity from escalating? Yes.
That groups is called the police, and they are allowed to intervene the moment someone breaks the law.

Even that aside, there are a couple of groups who help to drown out Phelps stupidity. One such group is Rolling Thunder, a bunch of bikers who show up and rev their engines to drown out the gang of idiots. There's also FreeRepublic.com, they use their voices.

I'd like to see people around the Virginia Tech area gather and how drown out Phelps like these guys do.

Here's an example from the "God hates soldiers" era:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8831016551244465833

Maragon
Maragon's picture
User is offlineOffline
inspectormustard

inspectormustard wrote:

rexlunae wrote:
Icebergin wrote:

Even that aside, there are a couple of groups who help to drown out Phelps stupidity. One such group is Rolling Thunder, a bunch of bikers who show up and rev their engines to drown out the gang of idiots. There's also FreeRepublic.com, they use their voices.

I'd like to see people around the Virginia Tech area gather and how drown out Phelps like these guys do.

Here's an example from the "God hates soldiers" era:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8831016551244465833

I'm not even American, but I would gladly go to any place that these faghats were protesting and do anything I could to drowned them out.

You can say, think, believe anything that you want, but to promote hate and taunt the families and victims of such a tragedy with this kind of protest; well, sometimes it makes it hard for me to be a humanist. 

I'm glad there are groups like the ones you mentioned. And that video really got to me.

Icebergin
Icebergin's picture
User is offlineOffline
rexlunae wrote: Icebergin

rexlunae wrote:
Icebergin wrote:

Wow, I feel safer already. Thanks.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
My life's dream is to spit

My life's dream is to spit in Fred Phelps' face. I wouldn't do it at a protest, I'd go to his church and make sure there were no witnesses when it happened.