Christian homophobes at Stanford U.

daveyboy
daveyboy's picture
User is offlineOffline

Lynette1977
Lynette1977's picture
User is offlineOffline
The faithers could barely

The faithers could barely utter two words after watching that. Good stuff. It's nice to see that so many people were standing up to them.

Flemming Rose: “When [christians] say you are not showing respect, I would say: you are not asking for my respect, you are asking for my submission….”

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
One bible thumper, while

One bible thumper, while pointing out the 10 C's, interprets idolatry as self worship.

That's the first time I've heard that interpretation.

I think he's projecting.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
AiiA wrote: One bible

AiiA wrote:
One bible thumper, while pointing out the 10 C's, interprets idolatry as self worship.

That's the first time I've heard that interpretation.

I think he's projecting.

I heard that growing up.  I bet I've heard it all. 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Those 2 guys ended the

Those 2 guys ended the video by kissing each other in front of the homophobes.

Priceless. 

22jesus22
22jesus22's picture
User is offlineOffline
can I get some feedback on

can I get some feedback on how often stuff like this happens.  I live in a small town in Canada and have never met a fundamental Christian, but it seems like they are all over the U.S.  Does anyone here have stories about confronting other fundamentalists.

Oh and those two men at the end who kiss, how wonderful is that!

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I really think the best way

I really think the best way to deal with folks like that is to just lean back on your heels and laugh and point.  I would suspect that having everyone laugh  (instead of engaging them in conversation) would eventually make them slink away. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Mr. Shits
Mr. Shits's picture
User is offlineOffline
The two dudes at the end

The two dudes at the end was a nice "F-U".  Although the bible thumpers there probably will use that experience to strengthen their cause of the wickedness of higher education. It was a good example showing that they weren't struck down by god on the spot.

That’s one another thing I've never understood about the ultra faithful, why are they sooo against gays? If indeed their god views it as a sin they they'll get their own in the after life.  If I was holier-than-thou then I'd be cool with all the sin around me cause there won't be any lines to play at the badminton courts in heaven!

Mmmm...sacri-licious