Nightline poster claims Anthony Flew converteded.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nightline poster claims Anthony Flew converteded.

I suspect once again this is another example of twisting words and taking things out of context.

If you are familure with the Anthony Flew claims of conversion. Please go to this thread and respond to this poster. This tactic unfortunatly is pervasive and needs to be challenged at every turn.

Your help is greatly apreciated.

http://forums.go.com/abcnews/Nightline/thread?threadID=527684 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
From my understanding, he

From my understanding, he used to be an atheist, but he is now a deist. Deists are as much christians as I am.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote: From my

KSMB wrote:
From my understanding, he used to be an atheist, but he is now a deist. Deists are as much christians as I am.

Right, 

Jefferson was a deist but far too many Christians twist that geric god of nature to mean the magical god of the bible.

Flews view are still challenged by prominante skeptics but in no way supports the Christian god.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote: From my

KSMB wrote:

He's also conceded that his move to deism is based on bad cosmology, i.e. an argument from ignorance.

So he's conceded that his position is irrational.

So, I can see how a theist would consider him a kindred spirit. 

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'