"Would you date an atheist?"

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
"Would you date an atheist?"

I asked this on the CherryTap site. I was shocked, though I shouldn't have been, the answer was only barely over 50% yes - even though on such a site the # of atheists would be higher than normal and fundies less. Though I did get the opportunity to invite people here.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Dating Game

Sure, do you have a particular one in mind? Of course I would have to run it by the wife.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It's much better a result

It's much better a result (for us) than it was before. Obviously I was talking to single people. There were also a lot of results from atheists who lost relationships for not believing in irrational things. One person was already a member, but I don't remember seeing him - he said he goes as aciddickys on here.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Razorcade wrote:Sure, do you

Razorcade wrote:
Sure, do you have a particular one in mind? Of course I would have to run it by the wife.

ROTF I was thinking the same thing, though it would be the husband I would have to check with.

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Angelic_Atheist

Angelic_Atheist wrote:
Razorcade wrote:

ROTF I was thinking the same thing, though it would be the husband I would have to check with.

Both of you should check with your significant others and then get together for dinner.

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Both of you

Sapient wrote:

Both of you should check with your significant others and then get together for dinner.

What can I say Sapient, great minds think alike.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It's around 73% yes now. The

It's around 73% yes now. The results won't be final until tonight, and since I'll be sleeping I won't know until the am. I'll post the results when I got home tomorrow am.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
I prefer to date

I prefer to date theists..... you get the bed all to yourself on sunday mornings....

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote:I prefer to

todangst wrote:
I prefer to date theists..... you get the bed all to yourself on sunday mornings....

hahahaha! ROTF

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

todangst wrote:

Yeah but the rest of those days you wake up with someone who has an imaginary friend in bed with you.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:todangst

Sapient wrote:
todangst wrote:

Yeah but the rest of those days you wake up with someone who has an imaginary friend in bed with you.

So when they were yelling "OH GOD!! MORE MORE" it wasn't really about me then eh? damn....

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry wrote:Sapient

LeftofLarry wrote:
Sapient wrote:
todangst wrote:

So when they were yelling "OH GOD!! MORE MORE" it wasn't really about me then eh? damn....

Well technically if God is everywhere he was tappin dat ass right alongside of you.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
That might be the only kind

That might be the only kind of girl that I could date...

I honestly don't care if I make someone like Dawkins or Sam Harris look like a super pope.

JoshHickman
JoshHickman's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree w/ Voiderest. I

I agree w/ Voiderest.

I don't think I could stand to be around someone who was so theistic. Kinda creeps me out. Just a little though, it wouldn't be the deciding factor.

But I could be wrong.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline

todangst wrote:

Uh... no, you don't!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline
Now, Cat's a Problem!

Maybe if you had pictures of dogs on your bedspread it would solve that problem.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
OK, final results for would

OK, final results for would you date an atheist?:

Yes, why not? - 28 (73.7%)

No, you heathen! - 10 (26.3%)

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I have 2 cats on my

Yeah, I have 2 cats on my bed usually. :ROTF:

And my latest question is who is more insane - Anne Coulter or Fred Phelps. so far it's 80% - 20% for Anne Coulter.

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think I could date

I don't think I could date Ann Coulter. Dating Phelps would be out for me, but considering he's probably compensating for his own homosexuality, I'd have to wait until after he's caught with the male prostitute with coke before I should even approach him.

As for dating atheists, from what I've seen from the RRS (assuming they are good representatives of atheists) I'd definitely date atheist women!

Eye-wink

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

Christen
Christen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Angelic_Atheist

Angelic_Atheist wrote:
Razorcade wrote:

Same here, but hopefully your husband/wife would keep things interesting and allow it. Smiling

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Fuckin' A you sicko! I

Fuckin' A you sicko! I wasn't asking about dating them! I was saying which one was crazier!

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know, but I just thought

I know, but I just thought i'd interject an absolutely disgusting thought just for fun.

I've heard guys tell me that they hate Ann coulter, just enough to "hate-fuck" her.

I can't say I agree.

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline
Locked and loaded

Angelic_Athiest wrote:

Same here, but hopefully your husband/wife would keep things interesting and allow it.

Yea, if I had to wait for my wife to keep things interesting....

Well, lets put it this way, I've gotten pretty well proficient at that.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
todangst wrote:

I've probably mentioned before that I lived with a woman who was a deaconess at her church. I used to debate her on religion all the time. Our discussions always ended the same "Ok, you win, but you need to meet X, he'll show you." She might as well have said "next time, Gadget".

Oh... and she was very religious and for that reason, sex was a guilty thing for her. But the outcome of that for me was actually quite good. For example, she invited me to a beach house that some of her friends were sharing, with the provision of "no sex". So, I agreed that sex was verbotten... hey, we were supposed to sleep in a room with other people nearby, I could understand that..... but what was the actual outcome? We had sex several times, every day... on the beach, in the house, in the car....and some of these times we were on a couch in a room with other people, while others in the room were still awake.... while she was talking to them across the room... even I wouldn't have initiated that, and I was the one without any sexual hang ups....

I think some sitcom dealt with this phenomena - they called it 'danger girl' syndome. When we were at home, things were the same.... if no one else was around, she was rather demure.... but open the windows..... or sit with her in a car....

When her parents actually owned the house and when they came to visit, she would throw me out of the place for a few weeks (she didn't want to admit that she was living in sin) but then she'd invite me over for 'sleep overs' with them in the place, and the same situation as above occurred..... in fact, even when i just came over for dinner on those nights, she'd take me into another room... and.... perform a sexual act, with surprising vigor, that made it "physiologically impossible for her to respond to others in the next room verbally" (an act that she wouldn't ordinarly initiate, mind you...) so on....

Was she irrational and hung up? Yes. But I never analyzed the situation for her, because I had no desire to see that stop.... so there are benefits to dating someone with a religious delusion....

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote:todangst wrote:I

Susan wrote:
todangst wrote:

Uh... no, you don't!

I have only one cat, but he almost senses that in that he tries to lay down, diagonally, across my bed, to take up as much space as felinelinly possible. And isn't it interesting how it isn't enough for them to lay on the bed, they have to lay on the center of the pillow of the bed....

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
todangst wrote:

That't the only threesome most of us are going to get.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote:I have only

todangst wrote:
I have only one cat, but he almost senses that in that he tries to lay down, diagonally, across my bed, to take up as much space as felinelinly possible. And isn't it interesting how it isn't enough for them to lay on the bed, they have to lay on the center of the pillow of the bed....

Don't know about you, but I've actually been pushed out of bed in the middle of the night when critters are attempting to get comfortable. Luckily, most of the time they allow me a tiny sliver of space, right on the edge. (Note that this picture does not include my entire fur-family, a hazard of volunteer work with a feline adoption group.)

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unless I think I can change

Unless I think I can change their mind, atheism is an absolute must.