OUR WEBSITE WAS ATTACKED.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
OUR WEBSITE WAS ATTACKED.

Did you notice the issues connecting to the RRS website over the last few days? We were in fact attacked by what is referred to as a DDOS. Such action is a federal crime but due to the nature of the attack, most attackers go uncaught. We will be working with the FBI in an attempt to locate and prosecute the attackers to the fullest extent of the law. We were struck by a similar attack in The War on Easter 06. During this attack NONE of your personal information was violated.

Now a note in how I personally operate...
Whenever someone tries to thwart or take down a project that I believe in, that I believe I can defend logically, instead of getting mad or frustrated I calmly try to determine exactly what the "attackers" intent was. Upon determining intent I make it my goal to counter that intent by working harder on the area that was "attacked." Essentially I find ways to get revenge without actually addressing the attacker at all. An example of this can be seen when I received a funny letter stating that a few Christians were boycotting our site (likely only one), in turn I used the letter as a humorous stunt to attract attention to our efforts, here is the video. Last year we had someone tell us they were going to have our myspace page deleted, I in turn used it as one of the largest single day jumps in membership the RRS ever had, and with the help of the community proceeded to expose the "hater" as someone who was plagiarizing other authors on his myspace blog (here is the thread).

Well this time it was a DDOS attack. I have a feeling the main motive was to merely shut us down, to quiet us, maybe to discourage us from our efforts. In that regard we can speak up more often, I can implore you folks to make more posts here, to talk about religion and it's flaws more frequently, and to just become more active. Aside from that, during the time that our website was down we pulled in no money. Most of you know by now that we're about to take on a heap of expenses in a new home, and therefore money has become more important than ever before. In that regard, as much as we ask for your help, and thanks so much to everyone who helps, I'd like to at least recover the money lost during our downtime, or in an ideal world be able to recover much more than we would've made had the site been up. To that end, there are 3 ways to help.

1. You can donate any amount to Squad operations here

2. You can donate any amount directly to Rook to help cover his moving expenses into the new home by using the chip in module on the left hand side of the page.

3. I have placed a special auction on EBAY. The auction is 3 sets of the same prize package. Some of these items would've been given out for free over the next year, but will now instead be used to recuperate the lost dollars. Please view the auction and bid early. There are 3 lots of the same items!

Ebay Auction RRS Fundraiser

By the way, we don't think we've completely thwarted the attack yet, the site may be down sporadically until we have it resolved. Additionally as a result of the attack, Zero (our server admin) has decided to yet again upgrade our server company and speed of site. He too operates like me, and is responding to the attack by using it as an opportunity to make our sites stronger and faster. When the transition occurs at the end of the month the site will be down for a few hours. Zero is the owner of doubledoh.com, please support him.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


razorphreak
Theist
razorphreak's picture
Posts: 901
Joined: 2007-02-05
User is offlineOffline
This is truly sad. If it

This is truly sad. If it was done by so called theists I would donate as well to shut them up.

Also, someone help me who are friends of manata?

What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason. - Voltaire


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
razorphreak wrote: Also,

razorphreak wrote:

Also, someone help me who are friends of manata?

A group of escaped mental patients dealing with mental retardation, you usually can tell who they are as soon as they post. 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


razorphreak
Theist
razorphreak's picture
Posts: 901
Joined: 2007-02-05
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: A group of

Sapient wrote:
A group of escaped mental patients dealing with mental retardation, you usually can tell who they are as soon as they post.

LMAO!!!

That guy who posted earlier did sound like an idiot...

What is faith? Is it to believe that which is evident? No. It is perfectly evident to my mind that there exists a necessary, eternal, supreme, and intelligent being. This is no matter of faith, but of reason. - Voltaire


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Did this just happen again?

Did this just happen again?


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7525
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Did this

MattShizzle wrote:
Did this just happen again?

Yes it's happened four times since I initially reported it to you.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Dickheads. How often do you

Dickheads. How often do you seen this happen to Christian sites by the way? So who is more ethical based on the answer?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Rave
Posts: 114
Joined: 2007-03-02
User is offlineOffline
I don't think this example

I don't think this example would hold much sway in the ethics debate, but it is yet another example of how fundies really are morons with nothing better to do than pray and bother others who don't hold their beliefs.

"This is the real world, stupid." - Charlie Brooker

"It is necessary to be bold. Some people can be reasoned into sense, and others must be shocked into it. Say a bold thing that will stagger them, and they will begin to think." - Thomas Paine


Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
Posts: 1955
Joined: 2006-11-21
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: MattShizzle

Sapient wrote:

MattShizzle wrote:
Did this just happen again?

Yes it's happened four times since I initially reported it to you.

 

I haven't had much time to log on in the past couple days so it was really annoying to discover RRS was under attack again.  I hope the people involved get caught.  I also hope the thing with YouTube gets resolved.

BTW, I like the way RRS works: always trying to turn setbacks into positives.  It's actually a good lesson for life, isn't it?

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


Frequency
Frequency's picture
Posts: 5
Joined: 2006-08-05
User is offlineOffline
damn theists

Leave it to theists to try to sweep the truth under the rug time after time. Atleast they can't burn the site at the stake!

 

If you have logs from the MASS amount of connection requests I'm sure were involved in the DDoS attack (to say the least I'm familiar with the method) I'd love to trace some back and help with bringing these people to justice. joe at freqsoft.com

 

Long live RRS!


Frequency
Frequency's picture
Posts: 5
Joined: 2006-08-05
User is offlineOffline
"This video has been

"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

 

Oh snap, what'd you say!? I missed it! 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
The asssholes at YouTube

The asssholes at YouTube deleted all the RRS's videos. Sad


lalalalauren8228
Theist
Posts: 1
Joined: 2007-04-05
User is offlineOffline
guess what. satan just

guess what.

satan just stepped on my toes a bit.

i wrote a long paragraph abt how God loves yall. and Satan made the computer delete it.

so yeah. hes being stupid.

that couldve saved somebody.

so yeah. thanks to satan, somebody is prolly gonna burn in hell.

nice going.

if you still wanna know anything abt Jesus... email me at lash0222@yahoo.com


mindspread
mindspread's picture
Posts: 360
Joined: 2007-02-18
User is offlineOffline
^^ Now that's funny.

^^ Now that's funny.


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
lalalalauren8228

lalalalauren8228 wrote:

guess what.

satan just stepped on my toes a bit.

i wrote a long paragraph abt how God loves yall. and Satan made the computer delete it.

so yeah. hes being stupid.

that couldve saved somebody.

so yeah. thanks to satan, somebody is prolly gonna burn in hell.

nice going.

if you still wanna know anything abt Jesus... email me at lash0222@yahoo.com

Yawn.  Why would I want to learn about Jesus from you? You can barely formulate a coherent sentence. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
What the shit was that?

What the shit was that?


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
Sounds like a Christian with

Sounds like a Christian with serious cognitive disorder.  Or a Christian on acid.  Hey!  That'd be a good band name.  Christians on Acid.  Ok, maybe not. Never mind.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


Susan
Susan's picture
Posts: 3561
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
lalalalauren8228

lalalalauren8228 wrote:

guess what.

satan just stepped on my toes a bit.

i wrote a long paragraph abt how God loves yall. and Satan made the computer delete it.

so yeah. hes being stupid.

that couldve saved somebody.

so yeah. thanks to satan, somebody is prolly gonna burn in hell.

nice going.

if you still wanna know anything abt Jesus... email me at lash0222@yahoo.com

Yeah - a post and run crying "email me".  Get some guts, come back here and attempt to justify your beliefs on the forums. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


christ101
Theist
Posts: 6
Joined: 2007-04-06
User is offlineOffline
plan

BGH said:

We need to thank god for bringing this ATHEIST site back online and allowing us to discuss his fallacies and non-existence?

 

Mabey he plans to save someone on this site. 


Family_Guy
Family_Guy's picture
Posts: 110
Joined: 2007-02-08
User is offlineOffline
I'm trying to form a band

I'm trying to form a band called the Jesus-Kabobs.  Maybe that's a way to get noticed.


Cory T
Theist
Cory T's picture
Posts: 130
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
lalalalauren8228

lalalalauren8228 wrote:

guess what.

satan just stepped on my toes a bit.

i wrote a long paragraph abt how God loves yall. and Satan made the computer delete it.

so yeah. hes being stupid.

that couldve saved somebody.

so yeah. thanks to satan, somebody is prolly gonna burn in hell.

nice going.

if you still wanna know anything abt Jesus... email me at lash0222@yahoo.com

So.  Yeah.  With each theist that posts on this site, I can feel myself getting dumber.  I'm starting to understand the bumper sticker that says "God, please save me from your followers."

Although it is tempting to stop trying to convert atheists altogether and just join them in making fun of dumb arguments like this one, it isn't very sporting of me.

Here, I'm going to make an exception: SERIOUSLY, Lauren, what the crap were you thinking here????  Do you really think that it is your eloquent words that convert people, or God speaking to someone's heart through you?????  If you think that it's you, then a few things need to happen.

  1. You need to go back and re-read the salvation formula in Ephesians 2:8-10.
  2. Once you realize that God moves through you, pray that way and you will see more people convert because of your preaching.
  3. If all else fails, go back to English class and learn how to type gramatically sound sentences.  At least then people will take you seriously. 

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. --Galileo Galilei


pagan hater
Theist
Posts: 4
Joined: 2007-05-03
User is offlineOffline
new here

I am new here ,today is my first time at this site ,,,,man what did i step into ,it sure does stink . I know you prob want post my comment but here goes . What I have seen here is a bunch of people haters ,,witches ,,warlocks ,,,fortune tellers ...everything the bible is against. whether the bible is real or not ,it makes for a better world to live in ,,when people act like sombody instead of idiots like you guys . all of you have hate tones in ur voice ,,you have to defend what you beleive with a vengence. If it was so good ,,,the internet woudnt be taking you crap off line ??? would thy ,,this site is nothing but a place for all evil people to meet and dis on good people .  im glad your not going to heaven cause if i seen you there id tll God to kick your butts to the curb .


Mordagar
RRS local affiliateSuperfan
Mordagar's picture
Posts: 128
Joined: 2006-02-22
User is offlineOffline
pagan hater wrote: I am new

pagan hater wrote:
I am new here ,today is my first time at this site ,,,,man what did i step into ,it sure does stink . I know you prob want post my comment but here goes . What I have seen here is a bunch of people haters ,,witches ,,warlocks ,,,fortune tellers ...everything the bible is against. whether the bible is real or not ,it makes for a better world to live in ,,when people act like sombody instead of idiots like you guys . all of you have hate tones in ur voice ,,you have to defend what you beleive with a vengence. If it was so good ,,,the internet woudnt be taking you crap off line ??? would thy ,,this site is nothing but a place for all evil people to meet and dis on good people . im glad your not going to heaven cause if i seen you there id tll God to kick your butts to the curb .

 

Ah, another post lacking in basic grammatical structure and coherence. How refreshing! Thank God for theists like Cory T. Wink

"The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to take seriously." [Albert Einstein, letter to Hoffman and Dukas, 1946]


Noor
Posts: 250
Joined: 2006-11-18
User is offlineOffline
Not another troll...And

Not another troll...And can't you at least press the comma key only once?


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
pagan hater wrote: I am new

pagan hater wrote:
I am new here ,today is my first time at this site ,,,,man what did i step into ,it sure does stink . I know you prob want post my comment but here goes . What I have seen here is a bunch of people haters ,,witches ,,warlocks ,,,fortune tellers ...everything the bible is against. whether the bible is real or not ,it makes for a better world to live in ,,when people act like sombody instead of idiots like you guys . all of you have hate tones in ur voice ,,you have to defend what you beleive with a vengence. If it was so good ,,,the internet woudnt be taking you crap off line ??? would thy ,,this site is nothing but a place for all evil people to meet and dis on good people . im glad your not going to heaven cause if i seen you there id tll God to kick your butts to the curb .

No one here hates people.  No witches or warlocks.  No fortune tellers.  May I ask why you are here if you dislike us so much?

 


Lynette1977
Lynette1977's picture
Posts: 126
Joined: 2007-01-06
User is offlineOffline
pagan hater wrote: I am new

pagan hater wrote:
I am new here ,today is my first time at this site ,,,,man what did i step into ,it sure does stink . I know you prob want post my comment but here goes . What I have seen here is a bunch of people haters ,,witches ,,warlocks ,,,fortune tellers ...everything the bible is against. whether the bible is real or not ,it makes for a better world to live in ,,when people act like sombody instead of idiots like you guys . all of you have hate tones in ur voice ,,you have to defend what you beleive with a vengence. If it was so good ,,,the internet woudnt be taking you crap off line ??? would thy ,,this site is nothing but a place for all evil people to meet and dis on good people . im glad your not going to heaven cause if i seen you there id tll God to kick your butts to the curb .
I needed a good laugh today. Unless I missed the boat, atheists are pretty well agreeable when it comes to disbelief in witches, warlocks and fortune tellers and we love everyone, we just dislike ideology that has warped humanity and minds. If only people cracked more books open every now and then. We need another "enlightenment."

Flemming Rose: “When [christians] say you are not showing respect, I would say: you are not asking for my respect, you are asking for my submission….”


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
pagan hater wrote:

pagan hater wrote:
I am new here ,today is my first time at this site ,,,,man what did i step into ,it sure does stink . I know you prob want post my comment but here goes . What I have seen here is a bunch of people haters ,,witches ,,warlocks ,,,fortune tellers ...everything the bible is against. whether the bible is real or not ,it makes for a better world to live in ,,when people act like sombody instead of idiots like you guys . all of you have hate tones in ur voice ,,you have to defend what you beleive with a vengence. If it was so good ,,,the internet woudnt be taking you crap off line ??? would thy ,,this site is nothing but a place for all evil people to meet and dis on good people . im glad your not going to heaven cause if i seen you there id tll God to kick your butts to the curb .

Pagan hater,

Welcome. If you have something constructive to add to the discussion please do, antagonism and trolling are against boards rules and can lead to being banned. Please review the rules here:

Forum rules

This will count as your first warning.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
I'm guessing this is another

I'm guessing this is another drive by post. And by the way, his last comment - if your God was real, and he chose to allow us to go to heaven, do you think he'd appreciate you telling him he was wrong?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
LOL!  What a total

LOL!  What a total twatwaffle this guy is!  Witches and warlocks?  What does he think this is, a Harry Potter fan site? 

I really have to wonder:  If your god is so powerful, so omnipotent why the hell can't he give you people the ability to spell correctly?  You'd really think that he'd want more than a gaggle of dumbasses preaching his word.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
I have to remember the word

I have to remember the word twatwaffle! Lol!


pagan hater
Theist
Posts: 4
Joined: 2007-05-03
User is offlineOffline
Like you could do something

Like you could do something about it if you knew ? lmao wake up


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
pagan hater wrote: Like you

pagan hater wrote:
Like you could do something about it if you knew ? lmao wake up

Please do not continue with antagonism. This is against board rules. We are all here to discuss, if you cannot add to the conversation in a constructive manner please refrain from posting. Again, please review forum rules.

(2nd warning) 


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
I have already sent him a

I have already sent him a private Mod Note message warning him to cease spamming. He does it again, he's up for a temporary ban.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote: I have

deludedgod wrote:
I have already sent him a private Mod Note message warning him to cease spamming. He does it again, he's up for a temporary ban.

Thanks, I thought about doing that but not everyone checks those messages, so I thought I would tell him here. 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
I agree on the private

I agree on the private message thing. I've already gotten PMs here and not noticed for a couple days. Still, the trolling is pretty blatant.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


pagan hater
Theist
Posts: 4
Joined: 2007-05-03
User is offlineOffline
ok mr policeman ,,,,, you

ok mr policeman ,,,,, you dont have to give me a 3rd warning . I see yall can say whatever you want to ,but if someone confronts you on here then you warn them lol ......and stop them from speaking their minds !!! what happen to freedom of speech ? Guess not in your world huh only if they agree with you ? You sound more like the black people that cry everytime they hear a slur but let black people call whites names all they want to ,,,,people just kill me ..One thing usa was built on was freedom of speech . now you say i have to talk nice about you to be on your forums ? lmao what a crock of bull ,,,,yall are mind washed and trying to wash the minds of inocent children . good day and GOD BLESS YOU ALL . you will need it come judgement day . Amen


pagan hater
Theist
Posts: 4
Joined: 2007-05-03
User is offlineOffline
ummm you the one that sounds

ummm you the one that sounds like your on acid dear


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
What a surprise, you're a

What a surprise, you're a racist as well.  If you bothered to read anything on this forum, which you clearly haven't, you would see that there are rules.  You are being a troll.  If you can't participate in reasonable conversation than you don't belong here.  I'm not a moderator (so I'm sorry if I'm stepping on any toes) but don't start whining about free speech when you have no idea what you're talking about.

If god takes life he's an indian giver


deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
Posts: 3221
Joined: 2007-01-28
User is offlineOffline
ok mr policeman ,,,,, you

ok mr policeman ,,,,, you dont have to give me a 3rd warning

That's moderator. That would be the job of the moderating team on any forum. To stop idiots like you from jamming the conversation.

I see yall can say whatever you want to ,but if someone confronts you on here then you warn them lol 

Warning an atheist that God is angry at them is somewhat akin to warning a fully grown man that Santa isn't gonna bring his presents this year.

 ...and stop them from speaking their minds !!! what happen to freedom of speech ? Guess not in your world huh only if they agree with you ?

You have to start another thread you idiot. You can say what you wish, but not if it jams the preexisting conversation.

 ou sound more like the black people that cry everytime they hear a slur but let black people call whites names all they want to ,,,,people just kill me ..

Doesn't even dignify a respnse.

 One thing usa was built on was freedom of speech . now you say i have to talk nice about you to be on your forums ?

You have to obey the rules, just like everyone else. You can say whatever the flying fuck you want, just not so long as it does not interrupt the flow of the thread. If you want to continue your insane, irrational rant, start a new thread... 

lmao what a crock of bull ,,,,yall are mind washed and trying to wash the minds of inocent children .

If you want to continue your insane, irrational rant, start a new thread...

good day and GOD BLESS YOU ALL . you will need it come judgement day . Amen

Fuck you too. 

 

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism


Ophios
Ophios's picture
Posts: 909
Joined: 2006-09-19
User is offlineOffline
It's funny how this guy

It's funny how this guy says the bible is against haters.

 

Yet he is a hater himself.

 ,,,,,,,

ROFLcakes

 

Quote:
One thing usa was built on was freedom of speech . now you say i have to talk nice about you to be on your forums ?

This is a privet fourm on the internet.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.


pm9347
Theist
pm9347's picture
Posts: 82
Joined: 2007-03-12
User is offlineOffline
why attack god??

why do so many of people  feel that god or a theist attacked your website ?? you dont know who was responsible for the attack, or what there motivation was?  i orginally thought this website was to discuss the idea of the exsitence of god in an arena that used rational, fact finding evidence to support it motives. People felt right away that theist were responsible and they needed to flock to your banner to support your cause. There is way to much hatred among people when they act without the full knowledge of the event . if it was a thiest he is wrong, you dont attack out of frustration. you continue to learn and question until you reach a result. take a look at yourself's how much hatred do you carry??


AmericanIdle
Posts: 414
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
pm9347 wrote: why do so

pm9347 wrote:
why do so many of people  feel that god or a theist attacked your website ?? you dont know who was responsible for the attack, or what there motivation was?  i orginally thought this website was to discuss the idea of the exsitence of god in an arena that used rational, fact finding evidence to support it motives. People felt right away that theist were responsible and they needed to flock to your banner to support your cause. There is way to much hatred among people when they act without the full knowledge of the event . if it was a thiest he is wrong, you dont attack out of frustration. you continue to learn and question until you reach a result. take a look at yourself's how much hatred do you carry??

No one believes god attacked this website any more than the tooth fairy, the easter bunny or Bill O'Reilly...(Scratch the O'Reilly part) because just like the easter bunny...he doesn't exist. 

The religious nearly always find anyone who questions them a threat and they often react w/ violence when their security is taken away.  Have you ever spent two seconds on history ??

As far as hatred goes, I actually overlooked your shortcomings in spelling, grammar and the fact that the above post makes very little sense !  How's that for overcoming hatred ?  

 

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell


pm9347
Theist
pm9347's picture
Posts: 82
Joined: 2007-03-12
User is offlineOffline
ok i saw that

yes, i agree my grammar can use some help. its not easy to say exactly what you want when your typing. history can really show an example of our past failures. but im talking about now look at how many people jumped up and said it was an attack by a theist, one person even went on to say god failed again. when i read this site i see nothing but agressive argument instead of facts to support an athiestic point of view .Some of the verse used has led me to greater questions that l've looked into but its also been twisted as well, my main point was to try to let people know not to jump to conclusions without facts  either which way you look at it this site breeds a hugh amount of hatred .


AmericanIdle
Posts: 414
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
History has not been the

History has not been the greatest teacher because:

1.) We often do not study it or just plain ignore it.

2.) We mostly seem unable to apply the lessons of history to the present because each generation pats themselves on the back and agrees that they've fixed the problems of the past.  Meanwhile the same principles/ideologies exist that caused violence/hatred one hundred/thousand years ago exist in the present.

3.) We lie and make up false history.

So if you want an honest look at the world:  What ideologies exist that exclude or divide people from one another causing hatred?

...that claim absolute truth which is not subject to change ?

...that demand obedience and stifle individualism ?

...that lie about history ?

Those are the ideologies that cause hatred and pit humans against each other.  It is not the persons that question these beliefs or points out that these ideologies are not necessarily true or cause hatred.

{edited just for fun}

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell


pm9347
Theist
pm9347's picture
Posts: 82
Joined: 2007-03-12
User is offlineOffline
lack of knowledge

AmericanIdle wrote:

History has not been the greatest teacher because:

1.) We often do not study it or just plain ignore it.

2.) We mostly seem unable to apply the lessons of history to the present because each generation pats themselves on the back and agrees that they've fixed the problems of the past.  Meanwhile the same principles/ideologies exist that caused violence/hatred one hundred/thousand years ago exist in the present.

3.) We lie and make up false history.

So if you want an honest look at the world:  What ideologies exist that exclude or divide people from one another causing hatred?

...that claim absolute truth which is not subject to change ?

...that demand obedience and stifle individualism ?

...that lie about history ?

Those are the ideologies that cause hatred and pit humans against each other.  It is not the persons that question these beliefs or points out that these ideologies are not necessarily true or cause hatred.

{edited just for fun}

i dont believe that those three ideologies cause hatred currently. im trying to narrow the focus down to a lack of knowledge.  several people in this site jumped up and said that the attack on the website was probably caused by a theist and i was trying to get people to realize that after to much hatred that they are carrying, they came to conclusions without knowing who was responsible . which does ring a historical bell , ie. salem witch trials, hanging blacks by the kkk. etc.


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
pm9347 wrote: AmericanIdle

pm9347 wrote:
AmericanIdle wrote:

History has not been the greatest teacher because:

1.) We often do not study it or just plain ignore it.

2.) We mostly seem unable to apply the lessons of history to the present because each generation pats themselves on the back and agrees that they've fixed the problems of the past.  Meanwhile the same principles/ideologies exist that caused violence/hatred one hundred/thousand years ago exist in the present.

3.) We lie and make up false history.

So if you want an honest look at the world:  What ideologies exist that exclude or divide people from one another causing hatred?

...that claim absolute truth which is not subject to change ?

...that demand obedience and stifle individualism ?

...that lie about history ?

Those are the ideologies that cause hatred and pit humans against each other.  It is not the persons that question these beliefs or points out that these ideologies are not necessarily true or cause hatred.

{edited just for fun}

i dont believe that those three ideologies cause hatred currently. im trying to narrow the focus down to a lack of knowledge.  several people in this site jumped up and said that the attack on the website was probably caused by a theist and i was trying to get people to realize that after to much hatred that they are carrying, they came to conclusions without knowing who was responsible . which does ring a historical bell , ie. salem witch trials, hanging blacks by the kkk. etc.

While it would make sense that a theist attacked an atheist website, I hardly think you can compare that to the Salem Witch Trials, or the lynching of African-Americans by the KKK.  That's a bit of a stretch.  Also, I would say it is more a speculation than an accusation, since no names or organizations have been brought up. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver


AmericanIdle
Posts: 414
Joined: 2007-03-16
User is offlineOffline
pm9347 wrote: AmericanIdle

pm9347 wrote:
AmericanIdle wrote:

History has not been the greatest teacher because:

1.) We often do not study it or just plain ignore it.

2.) We mostly seem unable to apply the lessons of history to the present because each generation pats themselves on the back and agrees that they've fixed the problems of the past.  Meanwhile the same principles/ideologies exist that caused violence/hatred one hundred/thousand years ago exist in the present.

3.) We lie and make up false history.

So if you want an honest look at the world:  What ideologies exist that exclude or divide people from one another causing hatred?

...that claim absolute truth which is not subject to change ?

...that demand obedience and stifle individualism ?

...that lie about history ?

Those are the ideologies that cause hatred and pit humans against each other.  It is not the persons that question these beliefs or points out that these ideologies are not necessarily true or cause hatred.

{edited just for fun}

i dont believe that those three ideologies cause hatred currently. im trying to narrow the focus down to a lack of knowledge.  several people in this site jumped up and said that the attack on the website was probably caused by a theist and i was trying to get people to realize that after to much hatred that they are carrying, they came to conclusions without knowing who was responsible . which does ring a historical bell , ie. salem witch trials, hanging blacks by the kkk. etc.

I'm still not sure what you're talking about exactly, but if you're going to compare RRS to christians who murdered witches, hung, tortured, enslaved millions of Africans shouldn't you have at least have one shred of evidence for violence on their part?  That was one of the worst analogies I've ever witnessed, and that's saying something for this website.  

Some here have made an educated guess as to who is responsible.  Maybe they're right.  Maybe they're not, but so what ? 

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell


pm9347
Theist
pm9347's picture
Posts: 82
Joined: 2007-03-12
User is offlineOffline
a little late

i think you might have missed the original point of our conversation. you came into it a little late . my main point was to show that so many people jumped up and said it was a thiest without factual proof , and i can agree that your thinking is probalby sound a thiest would have a motive for an attack. but without proof and factual evidence what are we left with ?? conjecture  or applying who you think is responsible. when you carry hatred of a select group its natural to think they are responsible and by doing that your continuing the cycle hatred. which is why i used the salem which trials as an example of fear and hatred, it might not have been the best way to show my point. 

sorry about the grammar im working on improving it .


pm9347
Theist
pm9347's picture
Posts: 82
Joined: 2007-03-12
User is offlineOffline
ok i agree the salem which

ok i agree the salem which trials may not have been a good example. what im trying to point out is that hatred of christians which is being feuled by this site had people on this site point there finger at christians. the attacker could have been money motivated, or setup the attack as a usage for an alternative purpose it may have even been an athiest. but since we dont know who it was we are left to fill in the blanks and in this case peoples prior hatred led them to speak without knowledge or facts. which is what happened at salem.


pm9347
Theist
pm9347's picture
Posts: 82
Joined: 2007-03-12
User is offlineOffline
what happened ??

did i lose everybody? i didnt get any response to my last 2 post , could it be true. do people really believe that there is too much hatred being generated here ?? wow cool 


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
pm9347 wrote: did i lose

pm9347 wrote:
did i lose everybody? i didnt get any response to my last 2 post , could it be true. do people really believe that there is too much hatred being generated here ?? wow cool

No, you are wrong! The reason a christian attack was first proposed and the reason it is still the leading theory boils down to "probable cause".

When law enforcement performs an investigation the first suspects that are questioned are ones with probable cause. You are right, it could be anyone, but usually it is the suspect with the most motivation.