Nativity Scene torched.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nativity Scene torched.

Just saw on Headline News that some NUT decided to enter a chior practice and torch a nativity scene. I really hope this is not a person claiming to be an atheist. But even if they do claim to be let it be stated here and now.

NO ONE, NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE OR WHAT SIDE OF AN ISSUE THEY ARE ON HAS ANY RIGHT TO DISTROY OTHER'S PERSONAL PROPERTY!

I do hope this is merely some metally ill nutcase. But no atheist should advocate anything like this to make a point. Atheist or believer can say what they want and we can debate this issue, but THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO HANDLE DISPUTES!

The world does not revolve around Christians or atheists and no matter what emotions we as humans feel should ever result in outragious and distructive behaivor like this.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm perfectly OK with a

I'm perfectly OK with a church having a nativity scene on their own property. Having them on public property is a different matter all together. Going in a church and destroying someone's personal property is not OK though.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, that's fucked up.

Yeah, that's fucked up.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Yeah,

MattShizzle wrote:
Yeah, that's fucked up.

The sad part is that atheists wont get credit from most theists for having the empathy to respect property rights.

I REALLY HOPE THIS THREAD IS READ BY MANY CHRISTIANS!

I might be pissed at someone's behaivor or their claims but this is no way to react to things you dont like.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog