If you are a Thinker, then read and listen

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
If you are a Thinker, then read and listen

I'm a thinker. I come to this board to not try and convince anyone of anything. I come to this board to point out the fallacies of your thoughts and conviction over something that isn't really that completely revealing and fascinating. Before you continute reading anything I have to say, let it be known that I hold no belief in religious dogma yet I know a lot about religion. One other thing I know alot about it spirituality. And if any of you are reading these boards, and agreeing with what anyone has to say about anything, then please entertain the idea that spirituality is very very very seperate from religion. The Bible, the Koran, the Torah, the fucking Vedas are all written by HUMANS. No human is really that special in this world. Not even Jesus Christ. Not special enough to put in written form THE WORD OF GOD. GOD DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH. No mortal on this earth will even be able to come near to understanding God. God is just God, and I have learned to accept that, as much of a thinker as I am compared to ALL of you, and ALL of man. So please people, don't let me tell you God is real, let your mind, your experiences, and your Dharmic happiness let you see for yourself what might and might not be true. Then, and only then, do something so rash as saying, God isn't real. Because all of you, though as right as you may think, could be so very wrong. And THAT, my friends, is a VERY REAL idea. A very Rational, Real, idea. So take all things in this world into consideration, and learn to love. Love with your mind, your soul, and your physical body. None of you are striving and doing much of anything to make THIS WORLD a better place. Saying God isn't real is not going to do much in this world. Knowing that people think differently, have different beliefs, yet for the most part, at least contrive, at short bursts of time in their busy lives, that many people, including you WANT a change in this world. I want a change in this world. I look at all of you, and say, man, there are some really intelligent people out there. Yet I just sit here and at the same time say to myself, you guys are all still very ignorant. Not because you have chosen to. But because websites just like this one has told you to be ignorant. And you have been the herd which is the herd of common humanity, and you have listened. Listen. Think. Feel. Love. Always. But do it all very, very rationally. And stop buying books written by some fucktard named Richard Dawkins, who I've never seen in my life, or even heard of, you've never heard of, noone's ever heard of. Fuck that guy. He's a douche bag. You though. You are all very smart people. Don't let your inhibitions and your desires take command over very smart and powerful ideas. Because ideas are everything. Buddha was a walking book of ideas. We are all Buddha's trapped in a Palace free of suffering in a world of great suffering. Step outside the palace garden which is your 200 dollar Ipod and your 10 dollar a month subscription to "God is not real because we say so" and look with your OWN two eyes upon the old dying man. And come to a realization in your own hearts, your own strive, a strive for noone but yourself, for true happiness. True inwardness. True insight, and true feelings. The fact is, Jesus Christ, a very loving human being, was exploited into a system which ruled the world for 2000 years. And now, Christianity is failing in controlling humans and making money, but Materialism has taken over. And materialism, friends, is a tool far greater then Christianity will ever be. Because materialism is the reason you guys buy into this crap. Give me a break, open your eyes, and breath. Breath a big, fresh air of reality. Has nothing to do with God, or Jesus Christ, or Atheism. It's finding God within yourself, your soul, and your desires. Let your desires be Godly, and let the good feelings roll over. Continue on your path, the path of a living hell, of searching for the "truth" which is that God isn't real, and you will fail. Who made you fail? God? or Yourself?

1 in 5 Americans believe we live in a Geocentric solar system. Who do you blame for that? God? I blame god.

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think most of the people

I think most of the people here will agree with you that morality is totally separate from religion. Very few people, I think, would argue that spirituality is impossible without a religious conviction.

No, I am not certain that there is no god. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks they are certain of that. I do think, however, that the existance of a god is extremely unlikely and improbbable. And if by chance there is a god, I can say with some relative certainty that it is not the Christian, Jewish or Muslim god. It would most likely be a deistic god.

I don't know about most of the people here at this site, but I was an atheist before coming here (which was very recently). I had not read anything by Richard Dawkin or Sam Harris or anyone else like that until recently. I hadn't even heard of them. But when I did start reading I realized that most of the ideas in their books are ones that I had already formed on my own and that I strongly agreed with.

And no one is saying that an absence of religion will solve the world's problems, but it will solve a great deal of them. Wars will still be faught, people will still suffer, people will still murder, etc, but all these horrible things done in the name of a religion would likely not happen.

Flying Spaghetti Monster -- Great Almighty God? Or GREATEST Almighty God?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Ripple wrote: No mortal on

Ripple wrote:
No mortal on this earth will even be able to come near to understanding God.

So then how do you have any grasp of it at all?

Quote:
But because websites just like this one has told you to be ignorant.

Please point out where this website said that so I can have it changed.

Quote:
And stop buying books written by some fucktard named Richard Dawkins, who I've never seen in my life, or even heard of, you've never heard of, noone's ever heard of. Fuck that guy. He's a douche bag.

This is very telling.  This says it all. 

Quote:
It's finding God within yourself, your soul, and your desires.

Where inside of me is god located?  Where is my soul?  

Quote:
Continue on your path, the path of a living hell, of searching for the "truth" which is that God isn't real, and you will fail.

Ironic.  I've actually been seeking for the truth that god is real and after thousands upon thousands of hours the arguments for god have come full circle and yet I seemed to have fail.  Since you found God, as I said please point out to me where inside of you God is located.  Maybe take a catscan so I can see what God looks like.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Sapient, now ask yourself,

Sapient, now ask yourself, after taking my time to post and use my fingers to pour my thoughts onto 0's and 1's and your time to react and respond, what little have you done other then to make yourself look like, to other people reading what you are saying, the simple fact that you are writing as if you are looking down upon me. Are you superior then me? Do you feel compelled to feel superior to me? Really ask that to yourself. Second, respond to my post in a manner in which we are all fairly intelligent human beings and attempting to provoke a emotion of belittlement, well man, it doesn't work to change peoples minds or views. You simply asked more questions. In complete fairness, that is great, but asking me to get a catscan to see into what I believe and feel at this very moment? Well that's doable to. But do you really fucking care? Honestly, because I had a mri on my head 7 months ago. The only thing I can say to not make this an argument of religion or believing in God, and just ask YOURSELF questions before you ask me. It's faster, and it will probably get you farther then you've ever gone before. It's human fucking potential, and just reading what you have wasted your time with posting Sapient, you have very much of it, and yet very little. It's the duality of man, and it's present in a lot of things. Take what I say and it's easy to say that this is all confusion and everything I believe in is confusion and craziness. Ask yourself, why do you really care, and why would you waste your precious time on this ungodforsaken planet to respond to such a vile, ignorant, human being such as myself. Would it ease your mind to tell you that my mind is as eased now as it has ever been, and that to compare that to anything else in this world is futile. Absolutely futile.

Ahh Krehlic, but morality is very seperate from religion. Then why, for so many years has morality been the focal point of any religion. Don't sin, and go to heaven. Do good deeds so Karma can come full circle and give you your desires. Because the human zenith is learning to live a life of morality without fear of social anxiety. That is essentially the basis of all religions. To Christians, its Heaven and Hell. To Buddhists it's Buddhism in general. So basically to get down to it, religion is a tool to give people human deceny and world peace. Why are we still a planet of...well you know what I mean. Believe me, there is much potential in the world, and I know full well that any entity could see that potential. So why hasn't that happened? Athiests sure aren't fucking helping. That is my argument against a lot of things. So what helps? Corrupt church officials don't help. Big government and business does not help the world. You know what they do? They build you fast cars and fake breasts. So tell me... What do you want? Fast cars and fake breasts? Then love life. Because that is what you have. Take a big swallow of the reality of human existense and search the depths of the realistic human mind. And then ask yourself is it so crazy that our world is how it is. I desire few things in this world right now other then for it to be a better place for my children. So how can I help? What can I say to make a difference? Anything at all? Am I labeled "blinded by faith" because I have a few far out ideas which by any particular chance might not be so fucking crazy. Then hey, put me in a stray jacket, because I don't want to really be around you guys. I would rather sit alone in padded room with a computer, bowl of weed, maybe a beautiful woman or two and few hits of acid for the rest of my life. I'm content as any of you ever will be.

1 in 5 Americans believe we live in a Geocentric solar system. Who do you blame for that? God? I blame god.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
A few things... One: Most

A few things...

One: Most people are not going to read that massive rant. Haven't you heard of paragraphs?

Two: CAPS don't mean much... If you used the Return or Enter key you probably wouldn't need to stress ideas.

Three: Don't strawman our position. Look at what people are saying here. If you suggest no disproof is proof I will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Four: It is probably not a good idea to come here and bash someone most people here respect and then expect us to listen to you.

Five: I don't find truth through feelings like love. I don't think you are very rational if you think this is a good way to look for knowledge and even worst expecting others to think this as well.

Six: I don't like iPod and you will probably find few if any here are big on the kind of materialism you are describing.

Seven: You sound like you are high talking about love, Buddha, truth, and paths. I don't respond well to that kind of talk and I doubt few atheists would.

Eight: If your little story from Buddha is anything like Plato's allegory of the cave I have to tell you that only goes so far and works both ways.

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, I misread the part

Ok, I misread the part about spirituality in you initial post. Apparently I missed the "very very very" part. lol.

But anyway, I never gave the moral argument much credit even when I was a Christian - a devout Christian. Whether morality is enforced by religion or not, I do not believe it was a product of religion, though the concept may be. I mean, even many animals care for their young. There's no reason to think that the human morality doesn't stems from behavior like that. Taboos and wrongs would be agreed upon by even atheistic societies. No people would put up with such things as rape and murder, as they are obviously very damaging to the society. Just as children are taught and indoctrinated early on to believe in irrational, supernatural gods, they are taught right and wrong. Their morality grows and changes as they experience new things. The only difference between a moral code based on society and one based on religious law is that there are supposed absolutes in religion. Still, religious law rarely seems to be absolute, as people pick and choose and change their views and interpretations.

If there is one absolute I know about religion, it is that it encourages irrational thought. It stalls human progress and truly does damage our world. Take something like global warming for an example. We are so slow to act on it because so many people have a 'HEP' outlook based on religion. Somehow they think humans are special and exempt from nature and don't worry about screwing things up.

If there is anything that I believe, it is that religion hurts more than it helps. You may ask, "What if you're wrong?" Well, I think I'm right, but I know a whole lot more people who KNOW they're right and have goals quite opposite to mine. It is stupid to think that we should just concede and let those that oppose our views, our goals, our wants and our beliefs have their way while we "slip quietly away."

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Another condescending

Another condescending ass.....

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
All very arguable points

All very arguable points you have made. I'm aware of all of them. I AM high, but not that high. High enough to be laziness to not type in paragraphs and no caps. You want me to make that effort, sure. I can tell you off the bat that you I think a lot like you. In fact, if you sat down and talk to me, I guarantee you I believe in a lot of the same things as you. I'm not a born-again Christian, I dont even believe in a real definable god. I'm in no position to say what God is, just as much as no Christian should really be put in the position that they must ignore common sense and common decency to be told what their God is. That is crap. But that is a human religion. A human born religion. Jesus Christ had no part in that, nor does he really have a part in every day affairs of corrupt humans. What has the past two millenia proved to any of us about the corruption of mankind. Who really was Jesus Christ in that sense? Because if I've ever read the book of Revelations verse 1 to verse twenty fucking whatever, then I would know that the anti-Christs reign on earth was for a 1000 years before an age of just human decency was finally exalted on the human race, then who really was Jesus Christ. Think guy, I know you are a thinker. What happened after Jesus Christ? What comprimises a year? 365 days in a year? Did people know when they started counting after Jesus died how many years it would take for this ushering of just mankind and kindness to finally set in. We have been living in a fucking party. Listen to a famous Eric Clapton song or 311 CD and tell me what culture we live in. Is it that moral utopia which is promised to so many Christians. I ask that because in all honesty...What do us, as people really desire in this world. If God was listening, metaphorically to the fucking commotion that has been 20th century earth, and who he really want to usher in such a thing. We are having a blast right? I mean.. I do, I can admit that. I live in such a society where it is okay to do rails of cocaine with a half dozen or so friend in a household that has been a substance strictly forbidden in such a household. Then think of that same person talking to you right now. That is human life. It's just.. I've really opened my eyes to a lot of things, a lot more then just is god real. And that is the duty of every being. Especially in the age of mass communication. It's slightly over and at the same time underwhelming at the fact that there is still sites on myspace just rampant of half retarded children. Why hasn't that site been utilized as a tool of communication and free thought. That is what our God-given right is. Free Will was something given to humans. If anyone, as a Christian-basher, as I have been one for most of my life and still being now to a degree, will argue points such as evolution and dieing for the Sins of Man and being god Himself, then why can't it be argued of the point of Free Will. You all have it. What have you done with it? I ask questions. And I use a lot of commas. It's a real bad habit, but is it really that bad? If I could just so much believe to a complete, even radical thing, even ONE religion on this world, and be completely accepted in one of those societies, and probably be very succesful, and then call me an outcast for just notioning anything, ANYTHING that I think. Because that is the truth. Who has wrote the history books? My step father, a 25 year retired, ex-green beret tells me the Victors write the History Books. Some call it the Akashic Records. All of this is beliefs, conviction, a lot of hope, and ideas by many people in the history of literate mankind. Who are the Victors in this time and age? I declare it to be the Christians. They've got a lot of money and they did it in the name of Christ. Who are sinners in the eyes of God? Athiests? Or the Catholic Priest who fondels boys? If you guys are thinking rational, then please, pretty please, garner such an idea, such a facet of rational human thinking, and really think hard about how rational God really is. If you think about that then, when you TELL me how ration God really is, then I will listen. I will read every single word you say. That is my conviction to such and idea of God. Because he, it, she, whatever has been pretty kind to me in my life. I have much to give thanks to. And no one but really my somewhat half assed effort and half drugged out effort can take much blame for what I feel for a lot of things I care about. So who do I give thanks to that for. Myself? What kind of religion is that? Its an old religion. It's been the national religion for 2000 modern age human years. I just ask questions, and ask if there is anyone who shares a same vision as me. Because it is not impossible. And love is not impossible. I'm a testosterone filled young man. Are you laughing at me because I believe in something called love. It's not cheesy. That is a religion. It's called Buddhism. Many people believe in it, and have believed in it much longer the Christianity. Why is there this fixation on Christianity? Buddhism has been a system used to control man. Communism? It's all a fucking joke you guys. And it's all on us. It's propaganda. It's asking who wrote the history books. Do any of you know who Charlemagne was? Yet I bet some of you know that he became the Holy Roman Empire in the year 800. So what the fuck must I ask of you to really believe in ANYTHING, ANYONE has ever told you. I believe in evolution because it makes sense. It's monkeys adapting to environments, and learning to be social. It's a learning process, and we are so far right now. We are all very very smart people. Much smarter then we were 800 years ago, let alone 20 years ago. Think where we will be in 20 years let alone 800 years. It doesn't fucking matter. Because we live now. And for a very short time if we can help it. Technically, if I am taught correctly by an AP Government class which generates yearly a number of very smart individuals, then I do KNOW and hold true by the words of the...what was it called.... Decleration of Independence that all beings, free of any color, any belief system that they are entitled to a a chance of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. All very key terms which could, should, and would be very entertaining to explore with anyone, of any belief. Yet why isn't that being discussed in your topics. Government is just as an important as religion. So why fixated on Christianity. Open of the doors of communication and of free thinking, the right we are all given, the right that, I can think crazy why not? And speak crazy because why not? Will they take me to the crazy house for that? Yeah they just might. And for that alone we are all crazy. We are all potential crazy house patients. And if any of you even look into the depths of any human mind, and really tell me that that statement is not in some way completely true...Then shoot me. In the face. May God Himself bless that statement, because I am very true.

I type a lot. I think a lot. I don't mind that. I just hope, some fraction of the population who can spend 20 minutes, an hour reading Playboy, then not something that I have to say? How irrational to I really sound? Someone tell me so I can know to keep my fucking mouth shut. But if someone even cares, at all to...just explore a life ?happiness? then I'm all for it. But if none of you. Not one of you can really read that...comprehend that and say, gee, why not happiness? then fuck it, I won't waste my time. I'm not hear to give a sermon to anyone, please, no one think that. I just wish to ask questions. And if plenty of other people here are all asking the same question: Does God Exist? Then out of all of those potential question and answers, let me add 20 more questions on the pile. Answer me with rational thinking, and it only leads to more rational thinking. For that, and specifically you Voiderest, I know there are some people willing to take 5 minutes to skim what I have to say, and just digest it. Because I know you are all very smart, and very rational people. I respect a view of atheism. It's the Free Will God has given you right? So why would I attempt to disrupt something so sacred as that. Just discuss with me a few questions that is much more real then religion. But rather society in whole. How righteous has it been, and how corrupt has it been. I need sleep. Good night.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Then please, never respond

Then please, never respond to anything, ANYTHING at all that I write or think, because, hey I'm wrong, right? No seriously, don't even respond, I probably won't read it.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Ripple wrote: Sapient, now

Ripple wrote:
Sapient, now ask yourself, after taking my time to post and use my fingers to pour my thoughts onto 0's and 1's and your time to react and respond, what little have you done other then to make yourself look like, to other people reading what you are saying, the simple fact that you are writing as if you are looking down upon me. Are you superior then me? Do you feel compelled to feel superior to me? Really ask that to yourself.

I'm not sure if I'm superiour to you or not.  I'd imagine there are areas in which I am superior to you and others in which you are superior to me.  What I am sure of is that you've dodged all the questions and all the chances of proving the statements in your first post with an issue that has nothing to do with what we're discussing.

Quote:
Second, respond to my post in a manner in which we are all fairly intelligent human beings and attempting to provoke a emotion of belittlement, well man, it doesn't work to change peoples minds or views.

You said you weren't here to change anyones minds or views, why are you assuming I have that intent.  I'm merely here to respond rationally.  I wasn't looking to change your views, I was looking for you to change mine by proving your claims.

Quote:
You simply asked more questions. In complete fairness, that is great, but asking me to get a catscan to see into what I believe and feel at this very moment? Well that's doable to. But do you really fucking care?

Yes.  Your argument style is extremely poor.  Instead of proving your case you ask me if I care.  How about you prove your case, then if you get evidence that I don't care you can attack that.  Until then you're merely dodging the fact that you've come here and insulted everyones intelligence thinking that we might actually buy an argument that you offer no proof for.

Quote:
Honestly, because I had a mri on my head 7 months ago.

And did they find god?  If so, did they release it to the news?  I'd like to read up on it.

Quote:
The only thing I can say to not make this an argument of religion or believing in God, and just ask YOURSELF questions before you ask me. It's faster, and it will probably get you farther then you've ever gone before.

You know you're right.  Had I merely asked myself these questions I would've avoided the hassle of having to reply to this post.  It would've been faster, and I would've gone further.  Oh well.  I'm here now, and willing to engage you..... but not much longer. 

Quote:
It's human fucking potential...

It's the duality of man...

So is this how you define God? 

Quote:
Ask yourself, why do you really care,

I care because I seek to hold beliefs that are true.  If there is reason to believe that God exists, then it is a belief that I want to hold.

Quote:
 and why would you waste your precious time on this ungodforsaken planet to respond to such a vile, ignorant, human being such as myself.

You do one in every post.  Last time it was calling the most intelligent man in Britain (as voted by Brits, beating the runner up by twice the votes) a fucktard, this time it's a self analyzation of yourself that even I wouldn't have stooped to.  This says it all. 

Now... why would I waste my time?  I've chosen to make responding rationally to irrational emergencies my lifes work, this is my job.

Quote:
Would it ease your mind to tell you that my mind is as eased now as it has ever been,

Good for you, I'm mighty proud of you, but no it doesn't ease me or make me uneasy.

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ripple wrote: All very

Ripple wrote:

All very arguable points you have made. I'm aware of all of them. I AM high, but not that high. High enough to be laziness to not type in paragraphs and no caps. You want me to make that effort, sure. I can tell you off the bat that you I think a lot like you. In fact, if you sat down and talk to me, I guarantee you I believe in a lot of the same things as you. I'm not a born-again Christian, I dont even believe in a real definable god. I'm in no position to say what God is, just as much as no Christian should really be put in the position that they must ignore common sense and common decency to be told what their God is. That is crap. But that is a human religion. A human born religion. Jesus Christ had no part in that, nor does he really have a part in every day affairs of corrupt humans. What has the past two millenia proved to any of us about the corruption of mankind. Who really was Jesus Christ in that sense? Because if I've ever read the book of Revelations verse 1 to verse twenty fucking whatever, then I would know that the anti-Christs reign on earth was for a 1000 years before an age of just human decency was finally exalted on the human race, then who really was Jesus Christ. Think guy, I know you are a thinker. What happened after Jesus Christ? What comprimises a year? 365 days in a year? Did people know when they started counting after Jesus died how many years it would take for this ushering of just mankind and kindness to finally set in. We have been living in a fucking party. Listen to a famous Eric Clapton song or 311 CD and tell me what culture we live in. Is it that moral utopia which is promised to so many Christians. I ask that because in all honesty...What do us, as people really desire in this world. If God was listening, metaphorically to the fucking commotion that has been 20th century earth, and who he really want to usher in such a thing. We are having a blast right? I mean.. I do, I can admit that. I live in such a society where it is okay to do rails of cocaine with a half dozen or so friend in a household that has been a substance strictly forbidden in such a household. Then think of that same person talking to you right now. That is human life. It's just.. I've really opened my eyes to a lot of things, a lot more then just is god real. And that is the duty of every being. Especially in the age of mass communication. It's slightly over and at the same time underwhelming at the fact that there is still sites on myspace just rampant of half retarded children. Why hasn't that site been utilized as a tool of communication and free thought. That is what our God-given right is. Free Will was something given to humans. If anyone, as a Christian-basher, as I have been one for most of my life and still being now to a degree, will argue points such as evolution and dieing for the Sins of Man and being god Himself, then why can't it be argued of the point of Free Will. You all have it. What have you done with it? I ask questions. And I use a lot of commas. It's a real bad habit, but is it really that bad? If I could just so much believe to a complete, even radical thing, even ONE religion on this world, and be completely accepted in one of those societies, and probably be very succesful, and then call me an outcast for just notioning anything, ANYTHING that I think. Because that is the truth. Who has wrote the history books? My step father, a 25 year retired, ex-green beret tells me the Victors write the History Books. Some call it the Akashic Records. All of this is beliefs, conviction, a lot of hope, and ideas by many people in the history of literate mankind. Who are the Victors in this time and age? I declare it to be the Christians. They've got a lot of money and they did it in the name of Christ. Who are sinners in the eyes of God? Athiests? Or the Catholic Priest who fondels boys? If you guys are thinking rational, then please, pretty please, garner such an idea, such a facet of rational human thinking, and really think hard about how rational God really is. If you think about that then, when you TELL me how ration God really is, then I will listen. I will read every single word you say. That is my conviction to such and idea of God. Because he, it, she, whatever has been pretty kind to me in my life. I have much to give thanks to. And no one but really my somewhat half assed effort and half drugged out effort can take much blame for what I feel for a lot of things I care about. So who do I give thanks to that for. Myself? What kind of religion is that? Its an old religion. It's been the national religion for 2000 modern age human years. I just ask questions, and ask if there is anyone who shares a same vision as me. Because it is not impossible. And love is not impossible. I'm a testosterone filled young man. Are you laughing at me because I believe in something called love. It's not cheesy. That is a religion. It's called Buddhism. Many people believe in it, and have believed in it much longer the Christianity. Why is there this fixation on Christianity? Buddhism has been a system used to control man. Communism? It's all a fucking joke you guys. And it's all on us. It's propaganda. It's asking who wrote the history books. Do any of you know who Charlemagne was? Yet I bet some of you know that he became the Holy Roman Empire in the year 800. So what the fuck must I ask of you to really believe in ANYTHING, ANYONE has ever told you. I believe in evolution because it makes sense. It's monkeys adapting to environments, and learning to be social. It's a learning process, and we are so far right now. We are all very very smart people. Much smarter then we were 800 years ago, let alone 20 years ago. Think where we will be in 20 years let alone 800 years. It doesn't fucking matter. Because we live now. And for a very short time if we can help it. Technically, if I am taught correctly by an AP Government class which generates yearly a number of very smart individuals, then I do KNOW and hold true by the words of the...what was it called.... Decleration of Independence that all beings, free of any color, any belief system that they are entitled to a a chance of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. All very key terms which could, should, and would be very entertaining to explore with anyone, of any belief. Yet why isn't that being discussed in your topics. Government is just as an important as religion. So why fixated on Christianity. Open of the doors of communication and of free thinking, the right we are all given, the right that, I can think crazy why not? And speak crazy because why not? Will they take me to the crazy house for that? Yeah they just might. And for that alone we are all crazy. We are all potential crazy house patients. And if any of you even look into the depths of any human mind, and really tell me that that statement is not in some way completely true...Then shoot me. In the face. May God Himself bless that statement, because I am very true.

I type a lot. I think a lot. I don't mind that. I just hope, some fraction of the population who can spend 20 minutes, an hour reading Playboy, then not something that I have to say? How irrational to I really sound? Someone tell me so I can know to keep my fucking mouth shut. But if someone even cares, at all to...just explore a life ?happiness? then I'm all for it. But if none of you. Not one of you can really read that...comprehend that and say, gee, why not happiness? then fuck it, I won't waste my time. I'm not hear to give a sermon to anyone, please, no one think that. I just wish to ask questions. And if plenty of other people here are all asking the same question: Does God Exist? Then out of all of those potential question and answers, let me add 20 more questions on the pile. Answer me with rational thinking, and it only leads to more rational thinking. For that, and specifically you Voiderest, I know there are some people willing to take 5 minutes to skim what I have to say, and just digest it. Because I know you are all very smart, and very rational people. I respect a view of atheism. It's the Free Will God has given you right? So why would I attempt to disrupt something so sacred as that. Just discuss with me a few questions that is much more real then religion. But rather society in whole. How righteous has it been, and how corrupt has it been. I need sleep. Good night.

...what?

Does anyone understand what he's saying?  I read halfway through then gave up. 

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Trust me when I tell you,

Trust me when I tell you, my mind is in the right place when it comes to what you talk about. Please don't take me as a Christian. I have a belief. It's noone elses, I promise you that. And that is the beauty. My God wants you to think. There is nothing wrong with that. Think enough, and you are bound to find some truth. Buddha was a real person. Was he not? Do any of you challenge the supposed fact that this Indian Prince/would be monk sat under a Boddi Tree, surviving on a diet of a marijuana seed a day every day until he achieved enlightenment. If so, you shatter the belief system of ...a billion people. Argue that to many intelligent Asians. Just as much as any of you can or I can argue any topic in an intelligent manner in English, then may I beg of any of you to talk to any religious Chinaman, Gooks, fucking stick it in your ass North Koreans, and say that their belief is COMPLETELY wrong. Do that to ANY faith, and you are asking for trouble. So why do it? Create something with your  newfound atheism which is, in all actuality a very very new idea of man, and put it together like a puzzle to realize this is platonic relationship. Atheism and religion. It's brilliant if any of you think, and use deductive reasoning and the unfolding of events. Make religious zealots aware of the fact that hey, some of the stuff in the books aren't very true. But hold onto your personal conviction to this "man" God. And when that happens, wouldn't everyone in the end be so much fucking Happier? I'm not that high. Especially to be thinking this as anything much other then what if. Because why not. A LOT of things points to a lot of things. Trust me, I've been there and I've been in a situation where you think a lot about a lot of not so right things. And you suffer for it. But just use what if on a lot subjects, that in all reality of the corruption of the sole human existence in the literary world which we know as 0-2007 AD life, then really sit there and tell me I am just bullshit. Because if I am bullshit, then a lot of things in this world is bullshit. And we are sitting in a big pile of shit. Rationalize that for phrase for me. For any of you Ali G fans, all I can immitate is a ring click and a hand slam on some Respek. Use culture as a means of expressing human emotion and desire which is and should be much more then Georgia football(Go Dawgs), cell phone commercials, Kevin Federline, Music in general today and then explain to me why we as creative human beings, have not created a system, for ourselves, with no help from government, corrupt government at least. Shouldn't we technically be running the country? As a democratic society in the very least yes. We are in control. So set the controls for the heart of the sun if you ask me. If it's even doable? Is that rational to even conceive that?? Night fo real

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
He's trying to make a

He's trying to make a point... I know it... I just don't know what it is.

By the way, did he use Kevin Federline as an example of creativity?

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Salient, I haven't come here

Salient, I haven't come here to troll you. So please have some respect for someone who thinks just like you, just with a different belief style. I wasn't refering anything with the MRI that I had god literally IN me. That's ludicrous, because I as well didn't infer anything like that, just as you didn't infer that I was a vile, ignorant, human being. So get the fuck off my back and answer my questions. If you respect me as a servant of knowledge then ask me the right questions not some off the wall shit that doesn't prove anything, ANYTHING AT ALL. You are only countering me with saying that I am avoiding the subject. No I'm not. I'm asking questions in all of my topics. Most statements with question marks at the end, are not very irrational subjects. So entertain me with rational thought. Don't read anything I say that is not preceding a question mark, if you are so god damn impatient and move your fat fucking fingers. If I don't provoke even a twitch of knowledgeable thought and provocation for discussion, then fuck you. If you are even allowing the idea of having a decent conversation with me, then please do, and I would respect you. But by now, you show only, a somewhat respect for much of what I have to say. So in all honesty should I really have the same for you? So it's useless to attack me.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
As a fucking JOKE man.

As a fucking JOKE man. That's the BIG JOKE. KEVIN FEDERLINE >< Laugh here

I'm a huge Deadhead... Explains a lot, actually.

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dude, condense your

Dude, condense your thoughts, or at least break them up into manageable chunks. Next, SPELL CHECK. If you don't care enough about what you're saying to say it in proper English, how can you expect anyone else to care about what you're saying.

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, a joke then.  I meant

Ok, a joke then.  I meant it as a joke too.

NinjaTux
NinjaTux's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've read through you posts

I've read through you posts and all I've come across is 1000 words of THC addled hypocrisy.  You do realize that you are coming on here and arguing with people about what they believe, telling them to stop arguing with people about what they believe.

If you would actually like to have a discussion shorten your posts a little please.  It's just annoying to read through it all.

No Gods, Know Peace.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Gotta feeling this'll be

Gotta feeling this'll be the last post you get me on a serious level.  Three strikes and you're out. 

Ripple wrote:
Salient, I haven't come here to troll you.

I didn't say you did. 

Quote:
So please have some respect for someone who thinks just like you, just with a different belief style.

In other words, you don't think like me at all.

Quote:
I wasn't refering anything with the MRI that I had god literally IN me. That's ludicrous, because I as well didn't infer anything like that

" It's finding God within yourself" - you

Quote:
just as you didn't infer that I was a vile, ignorant, human being.

I know, that was you that infered that.

Quote:
 So get the fuck off my back and answer my questions.

You've got some nerve.

1. I don't see any questions that I've unanswered.

2. You haven't answered most of my questions.

Quote:
 If you respect me as a servant of knowledge then ask me the right questions not some off the wall shit that doesn't prove anything, ANYTHING AT ALL.

Questions aren't meant to prove things, they're asked to attain knowledge, not show knowledge.   

Here are the questions I've asked that you haven't properly answered under the guise that they aren't the right questions (a cleverly dishonest dodge I might add, almost make me wonder if that troll comment you made was a projection of your trolldom)

Ripple wrote:
No mortal on this earth will even be able to come near to understanding God.

Quote:
It's finding God within yourself, your soul, and your desires.

Quote:
It's human fucking potential...

It's the duality of man...

The rest of your post wasn't worthy of a response.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seriously. Please type in paragraphs.

I am an avid reader and am in constant search of the truth, but dude!  Your writing style is giving me a splitting headache.  I probably have a sinus infection.  I absolutely cannot read your huge blocks of writing.

thisiswhatitislikeformerightnowbecauseihavetheworldslargestheadachehowdoyouliketryingt

oreadthiscrapwithoutanypunctuationatallitsgivingmeaworseheadachejusttypingitjesushchrist

whynotsaveusallabitoftroubleandlearntobreakthingsupabitehdontyouwanttogetyourpoi

ntacrossifiwereyouidthinkaboutit 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
Krehlic

Krehlic wrote:

...what?

Does anyone understand what he's saying? I read halfway through then gave up.

I agree. I've tried real hard to read through all his/her post, but the lack of paragraphs makes it real difficult. Not to mention that alot of what is written is so excessive it becomes rhetorical.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Copying and Pasting a topic

Copying and Pasting a topic I created
I apologize Sapient, I thought you deleted my post, when it was in fact only moved. My ignorance has proved much in my dealings with people. I respect you Sapient, please take that into consideration. I respect each and every one of you because you share a common goal of activism.

A lot of you are misunderstanding my reasons for being here.. Sapient, I realize I have little grasp on this world. Don't fucking tell me that because I'm not stupid.

First, no, Salient, you have not answered one question for me, nor have you asked one question other then, where is God inside of me? I don't fucking know so quit asking me. I can't answer something you yourself have completely labeled as well as I have something that can't be labeled by a mortal being.

Second, I can talk in intelligible sentences and if you read what I have to say, and it gives you splitting headaches, I'm sorry. I think fast, and very jumbled. Want me to write an essay on why this world is fucked up and who is to blame, at least my thoughts on that, then I will. Would you read it? Would any of you read it?

If I can come on this board, and be so quickly labeled as a troll, rather then a Free Thinker, then please tell me, should I even bother asking the questions I even ask? Because I can go to some intelligent, scholar of some sort, and talk about a lot of very real things.

I have NOT come to this board to argue the existence of God. That argument is futile and half-retarded. We have all proved that for the past 2000 years.

I AM here to gain insight on the workings of human society and the human existence.

Who am I to ask and raise such ludicrous ideas such as "What is Religion Today, Yesterday, and in the Future?" Because there always is, and always will be religion. It is something humans create to "better" their lives. So why not make something, just some philosophy if you even want to call it, why not make that and give someone, some society something to live for.

Has Taoism failed humanity? Or Confucianism? Or even the ideas of Immanuel Kant?

Please don't read what I say, writing that it is jumbled and slightly incoherent and then disregard the questions I raise for any other reason other then, I'm trying to push buttons and I ask too many stupid questions. Because that's what I do, in the flesh, in thought, and on message boards. I want to push button ask questions, and GAIN knowledge.

Don't tell me, Salient, you in particular, that I am asking dumb questions and that I am not knowledgable. What subject would ANYONE like to speak of, and I'd write an essay.

Quantum Physics, Religion, Philosophy, Human morality, the depths of the lunacity of the human mind, Evolution, Government, Politics, World Peace, Mother Theresa, Fucking Spell Check if thats what you fucks can only take out of my words and ask me. To use spell check? Shove spell check up your fucking ass and choke. Choke and burn. Give me any other topic, and let me TRY and digest it. As a servant of knowledge, I try and show NO knowledge as a human being. I'm simply trying to get something out of the fact that I know NOTHING but what people have been telling me my whole life, and that is what I know. I have no preconceived notion other then that about God, Jesus, the Big Bang. I know what I think I know, and I'm just trying to peice it together.

So please, if I know little as a human being, Enlighten me. Por Favor. I beg of you all.

I'm just really upset right now that a lot of intelligent people are ignoring a lot of good points. I'm trying to expand MY mind, so guys, explain to ME, how the world works. Tell me how things are in the world, and convince me to do something about it.

You do absolutely nothing for my position to tell me that I'm crazy and that I will never amount to anything in my life, because that has been what I've been told my whole life.

PS(am I seriously trolling you people when I call you very intelligent human beings? Fine, take what I say in a different way, and I won't ever speak my Ideas to you ever again. Have an OUNCE of respect for me, as much respect as you have for Uncle Billy sitting on the shitter, and just talk to me.)

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
This is me answering your

This is me answering your questions in a way that to me, seems as least trollish, and as intelligent as I can make it.

(ALL questions are provided by our good friend Sapient. Every question he has asked me so far in his life, unless he has spoken to me before)

I have little grasp, I just have something pushing me to grasp even a finger hold of reality in this world.

I don't know, don't ask, and I won't say, and I won't "feed" you with bullshit.

And did they find god?
Did not find God, sorry.

If so, did they release it to the news?
No, but if they did a lot of people would be pretty happy, and pissed off at the same time...right?

I define God as an entity that has no bounds and no ties to human existence. I didn't create God, nor did Jesus Christ create God. My connection to God is as little, or as big, or as important, or not important as your relationship to God. That is my view and definition of God. Why? Because he doesn't really care that you don't believe in him/it/her/whatever. So why do I care? Because I feel/think God might be a real thing. Am I crusading around and killing Muslims and Jews? No, but rather I embrace each and every Jew, Muslim, Buddhist there has ever been.

You've got some nerve.

1. I don't see any questions that I've unanswered.

2. You haven't answered most of my questions.

Happy now?

Snore, next question.

....^^^^^^^

The rest of your post wasn't worthy of a response. -Sapient

Worthy now? Or is this strike four?

PS- Do you want me to copy and paste all of my questions? Half of my questions? Would you answer them? Would you take the time to think and answer me with some rational thinking? Please say yes or no, so I can know whether or not to use my time.

sumra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
This is regarding the

This is regarding the original post, I have not read all

1)The gentleman in concern is saying to love all and then hates Richard Dawkins, Dear Sir where does your love for all evaporate at the mention of Dawkins?

2)He has mentioned Buddha, Buddha neither believed in God nor soul.

3)Why are you so concerned,

let

sumra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
This is regarding the

This is regarding the original post, I have not read all

1)The gentleman in concern is saying to love all and then hates Richard Dawkins, Dear Sir where does your love for all evaporate at the mention of Dawkins?

2)He has mentioned Buddha, Buddha neither believed in God nor soul.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I hate Richard Dawkins

I hate Richard Dawkins because he is no better then you, I, or any Propagandist asshole. I've never even heard of the guy. In fact, I bet if I read his work, I would fall in love with it. I just hate people like you. And you. And you. And you. In at the same time I love people like you, and you and you and you and you. So what the fuck do you care if I care. Why do any of us care. Why do I care so much that I'm posting all this? Do I care if you believe in what Richard Dawkings has to say. Absolutley not, I'm arguing the same fucking point Dick Dawkins is arguing. THINK FOR YOURSELVES. I HAVE NO RELIGIOUS CONVICTION. I AM THE SAME FUCKING PERSON AS YOU. We are all the same people. Just skewed ideas and emotions. The notion of atheism is just as skewed as the idea of theism. The Bible is just as Skewed as Mein Kampf is skewed. Do you really trust the "word of God" to be put in man's hand? So if so many people can trust the "word of god" which they trust with their lives, why the fuck can all of you trust the word of Dick and just KNOW he is correct. FUCK YOU GUYS.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dude... you need to start

Dude... you need to start taking your medication again.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
My medication made me hate

My medication made me hate the world. My psychologist and psychiatrist both agree that I am much better off without those meds.

Do you have any suggestions, Dr. Mario?

sumra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
See what GOD has done to Mr.

See what GOD has done to Mr. Ripple, He is full of hate, and threat to a civilised society

Krehlic
Krehlic's picture
User is offlineOffline
It seems like somewhere in

It seems like somewhere in one of those walls of text he mentioned putting him in a strait jacket and a padded cell. I'm beginning to think that's not a bad idea.

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ripple wrote: I hate

Ripple wrote:
I hate Richard Dawkins because he is no better then you, I, or any Propagandist asshole. I've never even heard of the guy. In fact, I bet if I read his work, I would fall in love with it. I just hate people like you. And you. And you. And you. In at the same time I love people like you, and you and you and you and you.

You sound very conflicted or very confused. You're aware that hate and love are two different and opposing emotions, right? And are you calling everyone here a "propagandist asshole?" How can you hate someone you never heard of? You mentioned Dawkins, so does that mean you have heard of him? And if you didn't read his book, how can you presume to know what it says? Are you psychic? Did god read it too you?

Ripple wrote:
So what the fuck do you care if I care. Why do any of us care. Why do I care so much that I'm posting all this? Do I care if you believe in what Richard Dawkings has to say. Absolutley not,

It sounds to me like you care a great deal about what Dawkin's (D-A-W-K-I-N-S) has to say. And was all of that rhetoric really necessary? Couldn't you have simply saved time by writing: "I don't care what Dawkin's has to say."

Ripple wrote:
I'm arguing the same fucking point Dick Dawkins is arguing. THINK FOR YOURSELVES. I HAVE NO RELIGIOUS CONVICTION. I AM THE SAME FUCKING PERSON AS YOU. We are all the same people. Just skewed ideas and emotions. The notion of atheism is just as skewed as the idea of theism. The Bible is just as Skewed as Mein Kampf is skewed. Do you really trust the "word of God" to be put in man's hand? So if so many people can trust the "word of god" which they trust with their lives, why the fuck can all of you trust the word of Dick and just KNOW he is correct. FUCK YOU GUYS.

So you're admitting that you are a "propagandist asshole?" That's one thing we both can agree on then. Clearly, you do have religious conviction. For one, questions like "Do you really trust the "word of God" to be put in man's hand?" imply that god's existence is a given, but if that were the case, none of us would be here challenging that existence. The reason we refer to Dawkins is not that we are just ignorant people with no thoughts of our own and "trust" him to think for us; it's that he makes statements and actually proves what he says with research, something The Bible and Mein Kampf don't do. You just seem to use a lot of abstract poetic sentiment when the rest of us are trying to communicate about the literal and concrete. You spend all your time trying to either play the victim of a forum that won't hear you out, placate the forum by calling yourself as lost as everyone else is, or waste time with other meaningless poetic sentiment.

And the reason I mentioned spell check was not that you misspelled a word or two, but that you mispelled many words, which only makes you look dumber than I'm sure you really are and makes you sound less like a knowledge whatever you call yourself. And as for the block typing, no one could understand what you said, because the human brain isn't intelligently designed enough to process all that info at once without being broken up into chunks.

What is your point? In two or three sentences, please make your point. Cause no one seems to be able to dicipher what it is. Don't fill 3 and a half pages with poetry about god and devil being within us all, blah, blah, blah. What is your literal point in 25 words or less?

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
What is "civilized" to you.

What is "civilized" to you. If civilized is raping mothers and sisters, killing Jews, hanging Niggers, massacring Muslims, gaining monetary values. Then fuck, I'm just destroying civilized life, now ain't I? Call me a barbarian, then I just beg of you, tell your mother to give me a call, and then tell me I haven't influenced the world. Because unless your mother is a born-again Christian, then I guaran fucking tee I can tell a thing or two to make your mother's life better. So yeah, let me threaten you, all of you. And tell you that you should be real fucking scared right now. Not because anyone told you anything, but because none of you know JACK SHIT right now. We are all still MONKEYS.

Semp2pts
User is offlineOffline
ripple, you give atheists a

ripple, you give atheists a bad name

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Have I also not called

Have I also not called Theists the sole reason this world is a failure?

My 25 words or so, sorry if it's long~

What is "GOD"(lets infer I have no personal conviction or even care of what or even If he exists)
Why does it exist?
How does it exist?
When? Always? Never?

Does God make us better people?(long term and short term)
Would God make us better people?(long term and short term)
Does something like God give us as humans Hope and Desire
Are those hopes and desires unreasonable
Are those hopes and desires corrupt
Have those desires been raped by the hands and visions of corrupt men?
Did the Christian God corrupt those people?
Did  "my" God corrupt those people?
How did it corrupt those people(it did, you can agree with me on that?)
Will people ever change?
Does "God" change?
Does "God" evolve, devolve, revolve(a question of Hindu belief)?
Are we all sacred Cattle in this Indian game of Chess?(I have to be poetic man, I'm fucking stoned)
And most of all, if after a nice game of 20 questions, if you could only give me a yes or no on this I would be happy:

Was Jesus Christ a Buddha. Not a Buddha in Buddhist sense but rather a Buddha in rational, clear sense, and thinking, and vision, wisdom.

Was Jesus Christ a figuartive Devil which destroyed the hearts of men?

Who was this man Jesus Christ, and what was his intentions? Was he real? Does it matter if he was real? If he was real or not, does that change what you people are calling HISTORY. Because it happened or didn't happen, but God didn't write the history books.

So who wrote the history books? Jesus? Christians? the Victors? what is victory in this battle of human life? What is the spoils of war? Is it 20 virgins? Is it everlasting Heaven or Hell? Is it englightenment?

Is it anything? Is life just a search for nothing? Or is it a search for knowledge? Is knowledge good for mankind? Has Knowledge gotten us anywhere? Where will Knowledge take us in the future? Do we transcend dimensions? Can any scientist or preacher ever, ever give me that information?

Or must I live to find out all of these questions and answers in a journey, my own journey. Am I wrong for calling it a journey of knowledge? My pledge to God. Is that wrong? That my only Religious, Spiritual, Scientific, Ethical, Philanthrophic, and Philosophical conviction in this world is to be a servant of knowledge and seeker of truth. Is that wrong? Am I blinded by faith for that? Or am I simply compelled and pushed and pulled by SOMETHING. What is that something? My own desire? My own Free Will? Didn't the Christian God give us a whole lot of that as well as the flood. A whole lot of fucking Free Will. What have we as human beings in our own daily lives, what have we done with such a huge fucking concept as free will.

Is Free Will "GOD"? Is Free Will the inherent nature of man? Does the inherent nature of man completely conflict or go hand in hand with my  vision of "GOD" and if my vision of "NATURE"? Does it mean anything to any of you people that my God is Nature? Does it matter what we believe in as long as the fact that we have all began to think about the world will change the world? Are we all that much different in the end? Or do we just have a couple ignorant beliefs about how the world really works? Who are my teammates in this vision. Christians? Muslims? Atheists? Are you my friends in this common goal, a thirst for knowledge?

dude, thats plenty of questions that basically sum of quickly what I want to know in life, right now. Because I'm fucking clueless. So if you can inform me on any of those things, then please, use your deductive, reasonable, rational, free thinking and entertain me and my thoughts.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I know in my heart, that as

I know in my heart, that as much as any Christian believes that Christ died on the cross, I really feel that Taoism is a key part in how man acts. I really want to read Immanual Kant...Can anyone give me some insight, a quick run down?

Moved by Voiderest: Post was unrelated to the thread it was in and putting it here was better then a delete or new thread.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I'm not sure why you put

I'm not sure why you put those that in that other thread, but I moved it here...

First you say that "[you] know in [your] heart" that "[you] really feel that Taoism" is right "as much as a any Christian believes that Christ died on the cross." Isn't that a little telling of your position?

You then ask me about Immanual Kant. Didn't you talk about him? Suggesting he was of the same greatness as Taoism? If you can't give a quick run down of him how can you bring him up?

As for the rest of your comments you lost the little respect you ever had with me. Please figure yourself out, read up on people before you say they are great or fucktards, look up what it means to be rational, look up the definition of the words you are using, and learn anything about science.

Congrats you are the first person that I have given up on. I have started cussing more then usual, got frustrated with them, had to stop reading their words for a little while, but you are a first. I'm not responding to you till you get your shit together.

Semp2pts
User is offlineOffline
Ripple wrote: My 25 words

Ripple wrote:

My 25 words or so, sorry if it's long~

You've just asked questions that most people spend their life trying to figure out (or egotistical people assume they already know).

I obviously can't answer them all, but I'll take a stab at a few and see where we get to.

Quote:

What is "GOD"(lets infer I have no personal conviction or even care of what or even If he exists)
Why does it exist?
How does it exist?
When? Always? Never?

That's a question and a half. Not even going to try that one for now.

The best answer I know is "I am". I think there are somethings that just can't be understood. Really, the best way to look at it is to just appreciate that He is "I am" and we are "I am not". He just is.

Quote:
Does God make us better people?(long term and short term)

Depends what God you are referring to. I can speak only from my understanding and my observation of followers of the Judao-Christian God. In my experience I would say - yes, He does.

The fruit of the relationship is peace, love, patience, kindness, perserverance, joy and many other positive traits.

(The point here would be to dissociate the ill-effects of some religions/denominations.)

Quote:
Would God make us better people?(long term and short term)

see above.

Quote:
Does something like God give us as humans Hope and Desire

Of course.

Quote:
Are those hopes and desires unreasonable

No more unreasonable than a child that hopes or desires love and affection from their parents. You want to be happy - it's built into us. We want to be content and satisfied.

Quote:
Are those hopes and desires corrupt

No. I do not believe they are. Pure hopes and desires (that is, ones that seek good) have a flow out effect. My joy becomes your joy. Infectiousness. Like laughter. Why do you think thousands of people convert to Christianity at big rallies? They can't all be stupid people - can they?

Quote:
Have those desires been raped by the hands and visions of corrupt men?

Absolutely. We only need to look at the atrocities performed in God's name to see that to be true. Whether it's in the name of Jesus, Mohommad, Allah, God, Jehovah or whatever - corrupt leaders will always corrupt their followers.

Quote:
Did the Christian God corrupt those people?

If you put a white sheet (us) into a washing machine with blue socks (God) and red socks (Corruption) and the white sheet comes out red. Who was the culprit? (That was a really weird analogy).

Quote:
Did  "my" God corrupt those people?

I'm unclear as to your beliefs.

Quote:
How did it corrupt those people(it did, you can agree with me on that?)

Don't follow what you are saying.

Quote:
Will people ever change?

I hope so. It's a very me-centric world. I'm just thankful I am able to surround myself with other-centred people. That sounds selfish, but I am other focused as well.

Quote:
Does "God" change?

Nope.

Quote:
Does "God" evolve, devolve, revolve(a question of Hindu belief)?

Same as the above, I don't believe so.

Quote:
Are we all sacred Cattle in this Indian game of Chess?(I have to be poetic man, I'm fucking stoned)

Moo?

Quote:
Was Jesus Christ a Buddha. Not a Buddha in Buddhist sense but rather a Buddha in rational, clear sense, and thinking, and vision, wisdom.

Yes, absolutely (I know it's supposed to be yes or no - but come on).

Quote:
Was Jesus Christ a figuartive Devil which destroyed the hearts of men?

No.

Quote:
Who was this man Jesus Christ, and what was his intentions?

I don't know how to answer that in yes or no. Um, read-a-bible?

Quote:
 Was he real?

Yes he was. The first century historian, Josephus, speaks of Him.

Quote:
 Does it matter if he was real?

I think it's pretty important, but that's just me.

Quote:
 If he was real or not, does that change what you people are calling HISTORY. Because it happened or didn't happen, but God didn't write the history books.

Not sure what the question is.

Quote:
So who wrote the history books? Jesus? Christians? the Victors?

Hmmm. 

Quote:
 what is victory in this battle of human life? What is the spoils of war? Is it 20 virgins? Is it everlasting Heaven or Hell? Is it englightenment?

Again, from a Christian perspective, it is full relationship with God.

Quote:
Is it anything? Is life just a search for nothing?

Not sure how to answer, sounds a bit nihilistic.

Quote:
dude, thats plenty of questions that basically sum of quickly what I want to know in life, right now. Because I'm fucking clueless. So if you can inform me on any of those things, then please, use your deductive, reasonable, rational, free thinking and entertain me and my thoughts.

I can't do anymore at the moment. Too much.

Peace,

Semp.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Then I've succeeded

Then I've succeeded Voiderest. I've succeeded in what I'm trying to show a lot about human feeling and emotion in this world right now.

That in reality, I'm really not asking crazy questions, and you didn't answer a SINGLE one. So don't call me uncollected. For you my friend, you are as well a collection of thoughts. And have you really put them all together and have you really figured out the "conspiracy of life"? Because if you know something on that subject, then please, give me some fucking info on Immanual Kant.

The fact is Voiderest, you have given up on me. Just as you have given up on Christ and on God. Yet you have not, and will not give up on Dick Dawkings. Why is he so great? Why is he so ignorant? Do I really think he is so great or so ignorant? Do I know or even care if (insert man, deity, memic personality) is so great or ignorant. Have I let them alter my conciousness and how I truly feel as human being. Come on dude, I guess you don't want to talk to me? Aww, I feel so loved right now. Guess what, prick, here's an asshole right in your fucking face saying, Fuck me mother fucker, Fuck me, because you know I know without fear, that you'll never be able to fondle my sweet asshole with your little tidbits about NOTHING. So go ahead, point out what statements I have made that are truly tidbits about NOTHING. Point those things out to me, and give me a chance to defend myself. Then give up on me. Wait, you have already proved to yourself, myself, and others, that you are already a worthless QUITTER. So Fuck you, my friend.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Sorry I didn't answer any of

Sorry I didn't answer any of your "questions".

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
That's a question and a

That's a question and a half. Not even going to try that one for now.

The best answer I know is "I am". I think there are somethings that just can't be understood. Really, the best way to look at it is to just appreciate that He is "I am" and we are "I am not". He just is.

----No one of us, as (r)evolutionary monkeys, should be in the position to know anything else, feel anything else, except, "I am." and "He/it/she is" Because we don't really have a fucking clue what "He/it/she is not". And that is a duality worth exploring.

The fruit of the relationship is peace, love, patience, kindness, perserverance, joy and many other positive traits.

(The point here would be to dissociate the ill-effects of some religions/denominations.)

----Thank God someone has been able to tell me in some other way, that I'm not that crazy.

If you put a white sheet (us) into a washing machine with blue socks (God) and red socks (Corruption) and the white sheet comes out red. Who was the culprit? (That was a really weird analogy).

---I think your analogy should be the basis of any religion created in any time. Why can't the white sheet be purple? I like purple...

I'm unclear as to your beliefs.

---My beliefs are inherintly labeled crazy. That's a fact.

I hope so. It's a very me-centric world. I'm just thankful I am able to surround myself with other-centred people. That sounds selfish, but I am other focused as well.

---So who is "me" in this me-centric world. Is it really ME? Or is it ME as in, us? Aren't we inherintly very very selfish as human beings? Aren't we just as well very very focused? Ehh..I guess I just keep trying to push the point that 2 plus 2 is 5. That's a great thing to really consider.

Again, from a Christian perspective, it is full relationship with God.

---What Christian, the Christians that you all hate, what relationship do they have with God. I would say just as much of a relationship with God as you or I would have with God. God doesn't think they are special. Therefor, they are not treated special. I have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and he's never preached a word to me. Why do I feel more Christian then 90 percent of all "Christians" Do I feel special because of that relationship? What if I told you guys, yeah maybe? But am I more special then any of you? Would I ever know such a thing? Do I care to know such a thing?

Thanks Semp!

Bagel-man
Bagel-man's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ripple wrote: ----No one

Ripple wrote:

----No one of us, as (r)evolutionary monkeys, should be in the position to know anything else, feel anything else, except, "I am." and "He/it/she is" Because we don't really have a fucking clue what "He/it/she is not". And that is a duality worth exploring.

You would make your points even if you didnt use profanity. Just a thought. And I think you are starting to use paragraphs, so thats definitely an improvement.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Ripple wrote: Then I've

Ripple wrote:
Then I've succeeded Voiderest. I've succeeded in what I'm trying to show a lot about human feeling and emotion in this world right now.

Fucking words coming to bite me in the fucking ass... This is the last response I'm giving you at least tonight... But only because of that thinking side of you, please do not make me regret me taking back my words, however hasty they were...

Quote:
That in reality, I'm really not asking crazy questions, and you didn't answer a SINGLE one.

I had thought I posted a rather long post here. I'm not sure if something happened to it or it got lost in the shuffle of me multi-tasking, but that really isn't important because you didn't really lay out your questions very well, unless you are talking about the list you just posted.

Quote:
So don't call me uncollected. For you my friend, you are as well a collection of thoughts.

I didn't really call you uncollected or if I did I miss spoke. What I was trying to say was that your style of writing was making it hard for anyone to understand you. If someone handed me something like that I would ask them to rewrite it.

The only other times I have bothered with such a style is for flat out rants, meaning to be rants, saying from the start they are rants, and what they were ranting about. In one case I had to tell the person that she should break it up a bit because I liked the message and she really did apear to give a rats ass about the subject.

You are getting a lot out of me then most people get. When you showed me you did not deserve it I got a little up set, but that goes back to what I was saying from the start...

Quote:
And have you really put them all together and have you really figured out the "conspiracy of life"?

If you are asking me if I know everything, no. If you are asking me if I know the things I talk about, yes. I will talk about things I have limited knowledge on, but I don't claim to be the end all and be all. You show me how I am wrong and I'll thank you.

Quote:
Because if you know something on that subject, then please, give me some fucking info on Immanual Kant.

I would prefer you do your own basic research, but here

Quote:
The fact is Voiderest, you have given up on me. Just as you have given up on Christ and on God.

No. Not even close. I told you that you need to learn a few things. Number two on the list right behind logic is why I find ignorance in the statement "the notion of atheism is just as skewed as the idea of theism." The god described in the bible cannot logically exist, that is the biggest reason I do not follow such a book. The slightly smaller reason is that they want me to believe something exist by faith.

Quote:
Yet you have not, and will not give up on Dick Dawkings.

He doesn't give me a reason to, he gives me reason to believe he is smarter then me, and I am damn sure he knows more.

Quote:
Why is he so great?

His body of work.

Quote:
Why is he so ignorant?

What ignorance he has he doesn't try to hide nor his he ashamed to not know a certain piece of information. Ignorance is something that everyone has the degree depends on the subject and the person's willingness to learn.

Quote:
Do I really think he is so great or so ignorant?

I don't know what you think of him anymore then you let on and you never said why.

Quote:
Do I know or even care if (insert man, deity, memic personality) is so great or ignorant. Have I let them alter my conciousness and how I truly feel as human being.

I would care about a person on that subject and it is them who makes themselves look good or bad. Honestly everyone alters your consciousness. You are merely a product of the past and a sum of your experiences.

Quote:
Come on dude, I guess you don't want to talk to me? Aww, I feel so loved right now. Guess what, prick, here's an asshole right in your fucking face saying, Fuck me mother fucker, Fuck me, because you know I know without fear, that you'll never be able to fondle my sweet asshole with your little tidbits about NOTHING.

There you go again. This is like a muslim who show his displeasure of being called violent by blowing shit up.

Quote:
So go ahead, point out what statements I have made that are truly tidbits about NOTHING. Point those things out to me, and give me a chance to defend myself.

When you come some place you have to prove yourself, you started out pretty poorly, could have made something out of it, then shot yourself in the foot worse then you are doing now...

Quote:
Then give up on me. Wait, you have already proved to yourself, myself, and others, that you are already a worthless QUITTER. So Fuck you, my friend.

I swear you must be bipolar or something. It is the idiot half of you I can't stand...

At the beginning you give me reason to respond thinking there is a reasonable side to you, by the end you make me want to ban your ass. I won’t for a number of reasons, but your behavior is getting very troll like. How many other forums let you act like this?

The only thing I would be doing by not talking to you is saving time. There are other people that value my opinions and others that at least value rationality.

You use that reasonable side in a post I’ll respond to that, but the rest is junk as far as I am concerned. Also if you act like a troll don’t be surprised if you get treated like one.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi, Ripple Perhaps just

Hi, Ripple

Perhaps just addressing one issue at a time is best. If you go back and re-read your initial posts then I think you'll see that it would be difficult for anyone to address any of them.

Slow down just a touch. Theism isn't going to go away that soon. We've got time to relax and focus on what we're trying to communicate.

While studying Aikido, I delved into Tao. I found it to be an honest representation of just accepting self, both mental and physical. The intertwining of the two is certainly a spiritual feeling. However, it isn't attributable to any kind of 'entity'. It's just a better understanding of yourself and your capabilities.

One of the things that concerns me is that I read something about drug use in one of your posts. I don't feel as though polluting your body will help you in the quest for any knowledge. Drugs cause either your mind or your body or both to go numb and you won't be able to connect the two correctly. Saying that you can is lying to me and yourself. I know that on a personal basis.

Many of the freethinking individuals on this site want the legalization of marijuana. However, many of the freethinking individuals on this site are also not taoists. Informing us that you have the only answers and the only questions also doesn't give any credibility to your argument that we are bad people. It does, however, give credence to those who might say that you are a hypocrite.

I suggest refocusing some of that energy that you have toward reading more for a little while instead of ranting.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Sorry I started off really

Sorry I started off really fast, but I had a lot of questions to put down in typing in a short amount of time(I would forget a lot of things if they aren't written quickly)

My style of provocation is BAD. I know this. But I use it to my advantage. It allowed Voiderest to put emotion into something whether it be anything(that I am a troll) and it invoked something which made him reply to me. In a manner of complete disrespect, and complete respect at the same time.

If you begin to tell me about Taoism and it's manifestation of human reality and of Nature(Taoism is using nature to lead by example), then let me begin to show you that I am respectable and worthy of absolutely nor respect at all.

But what is everything else in this life? Respectable? Disrespectable?

I bet Hitler was a pretty charming guy.

Ididn't really call you uncollected or if I did I miss spoke. What I was trying to say was that your style of writing was making it hard for anyone to understand you. If someone handed me something like that I would ask them to rewrite it.

---Ask me to write my thoughts down, please.

The only other times I have bothered with such a style is for flat out rants, meaning to be rants, saying from the start they are rants, and what they were ranting about. In one case I had to tell the person that she should break it up a bit because I liked the message and she really did apear to give a rats ass about the subject.

----Well let me turn off my RANTALL key.

You are getting a lot out of me then most people get. When you showed me you did not deserve it I got a little up set, but that goes back to what I was saying from the start...

--Why do I not deserve further knowledge of a "corrupt" what... "ungathered" mind? Help me, cure my sickness, please.

If you are asking me if I know everything, no. If you are asking me if I know the things I talk about, yes. I will talk about things I have limited knowledge on, but I don't claim to be the end all and be all. You show me how I am wrong and I'll thank you.

--What do YOU know? How can those ideas and knowledge help my existence? I guarantee that you can add a lot to my little world.(I'm not being sarcastic in any way, forgive me if I come off as so)

I would prefer you do your own basic research, but here

---Thanks, but page was not found.

No. Not even close. I told you that you need to learn a few things. Number two on the list right behind logic is why I find ignorance in the statement "the notion of atheism is just as skewed as the idea of theism." The god described in the bible cannot logically exist, that is the biggest reason I do not follow such a book. The slightly smaller reason is that they want me to believe something exist by faith.

--What do I need to learn? What teachings, what teacher will teach me more then what I already "know"? Is it so hard to believe that I, myself, find there to be no ignorance in my statement that EVERYTHING in this world even GOD and even SCIENCE is very skewed.(why has gun powder been around since 1400, yet modern medicine had not shown up until the Civil War. And WHY had the Romans been much more medically advanced then many Negro Hospitals had been untill the modern 20th century)

He doesn't give me a reason to, he gives me reason to believe he is smarter then me, and I am damn sure he knows more.

---Do you know he is smarter then you? Or has he fooled you into believing that? Didn't Hitler fool a whole lot of people into believing what he thought was true?

His body of work.

--Let every human that has ever read his body of work, and decide for themselves, collectively, how "great" he really is. If he is so great, then after that, and only after that, can he labeled as a great, brilliant man. Let history decide if Dick Dawkings did anything for this world.

What ignorance he has he doesn't try to hide nor his he ashamed to not know a certain piece of information. Ignorance is something that everyone has the degree depends on the subject and the person's willingness to learn.

--Haven't I shown you enough that I wish to cure my ignorance as much as the next man?

I don't know what you think of him anymore then you let on and you never said why.

--I think he is a brilliant man, because he has seemed to have YOU in such a loop. But hey, God has got me in a loop. So is he brilliant by my deductive reasoning. Might not be your reasoning, but am I hurting you with my beliefs?

I would care about a person on that subject and it is them who makes themselves look good or bad. Honestly everyone alters your consciousness. You are merely a product of the past and a sum of your experiences.

---Why isn't God merely a product of the past and a sum of your and mine experiences. Isn't that something called the Akashic Records. Explain by scientific fact how by many belief systems, how we can hold and attain as much knowledge as we wish if we were simply intune with our environment and such a Record.(you can believe in that Akashic Record, athesiastically or thesiastically)

There you go again. This is like a muslim who show his displeasure of being called violent by blowing shit up.

--My Nuclear bomb is called human ignorance and human free thought. (ever see Pulp Fiction? What was in that Suit case? Was it not mesmerizing to every single person who layed their eyes and hands on it. So metaphorically speaking here, what was in that suit case? Some people claim it's god. Others claim it to be Marcellus Walkers Soul. Others claim it to be a nuclear bomb. Others claim it to be bricks of gold.)

When you come some place you have to prove yourself, you started out pretty poorly, could have made something out of it, then shot yourself in the foot worse then you are doing now...

---Shoot me in the face. How much did Jesus Christ try to prove himself. Did he burn the witches?

I swear you must be bipolar or something. It is the idiot half of you I can't stand...

---You know what, that's what my dad said. That's what a lot of doctors said. But when a psychologist, cough doctorate, cough knowledge?, told me, Alex you really aren't that crazy, you really aren't that bipolar, and you really aren't that imbalanced, well then who do I believe? My dad or a psychologist? Who has more "knowledge" over the human brain. Technically don't I hold more knowledge over my own and how it works then any human ever will?

At the beginning you give me reason to respond thinking there is a reasonable side to you, by the end you make me want to ban your ass. I won’t for a number of reasons, but your behavior is getting very troll like. How many other forums let you act like this?

---Ahh feels good to be a gangsta... Feels good to be yo baby brotha...this is for g's and keys motha fucka

The only thing I would be doing by not talking to you is saving time. There are other people that value my opinions and others that at least value rationality.

---Do I not hold every word you have said to heart?

You use that reasonable side in a post I’ll respond to that, but the rest is junk as far as I am concerned. Also if you act like a troll don’t be surprised if you get treated like one.

---Come on man, you should know me by now. Of course I'm a troll. I'm a misanthrope. I hate mankind. Up to now.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Poor Richard's Almanack, 1758
My ROE: Defend when attacked. Attack when enemy becomes enemy. Enemy becomes enemy when they harm others.

---You seem yourself to be very Taoist in nature. I as well seem to be very Taoist in nature. So why are we calling ourselves athiests... Why not call ourselves Taoists?

Informing us that you have the only answers and the only questions also doesn't give any credibility to your argument that we are bad people. It does, however, give credence to those who might say that you are a hypocrite.

---What gave you this misconception about who I am and what I'm about? What created the misconception about life and Christianity in particular. You have my FULL sense of credibility because you have chosen a life of something such as Atheism. For that you are fearless, and you are my ally. Because I'm a "Christian", may it be a "Christian" in my own terms and sensibility, and I've been given a bad rap. So who really has decided to grow a pair, and say, hey, lets give every rational idea a thought and consideration. Give me a break guy. Don't take me to be so low. Because I give full credence to anyone who calls me a hypocrite. Because aren't we all just a bunch of fucking hypocrits(my only cuss word!!!!I'm trying, sorry)

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've been online since the

I've been online since the days of BBS's and 1200 baud modems. I've seen every kind of troll and bullshitter you could find online. After all that I have to say, I believe in all honesty that Ripple is truly crazy, lol. Ripple, Bob loves you man - keep it up.

sumra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Mr. Ripple I appreciate

Mr. Ripple I appreciate your comments, you prove through your writings that you are a real threat to society and should not be allowed to roam freely except on world wide web.

you said hindu god evolve,devolve and revolve? what is the source of this information.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
The link was suppose to go

The link was suppose to go to an encarta search, but this font programs screwed up my code...

The next man would at least try using google first...

You say I am very Taoist in nature and ask why I don't just call myself that. Well I don't know what Taoism is about and if there is ritual, any kind of spirit, or doctrine I will start running into disagreement. If there were to be one I would not call myself that.

"Of course I'm a troll." "I haven't come here to troll you."

Now you're dishonest... No wonder half of your shit didn't make any sense.

You say you want to know things, well go find out, use the internet and go find stuff out. If you think this site has some info try looking around a bit first...

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I mentioned the Tao to

I mentioned the Tao to Ripple because the posting, the drug use, and self-deprecation go completely against the teachings that I've had.

I don't study it anymore because of the 'oneness' thing. Knowing where a chair is and feeling/sensing the chair are different things to me. lol.

Ripple,

I urge you to disregard what you think that everyone else thinks about you and just worry about yourself for a while. It doesn't matter what a psychologist says if it isn't the way that you feel about yourself. Siblings, parents, spouses, people on message boards, none of them matter until you let them.

That might be one of my biggest problems with religion is that all of them want us to put ourselves to the side. Would you agree?

On Tao, the idea is to know your environment and place within it. Not to join yourself with it. That'd be crazy.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Absolutely Josh, and that is

Absolutely Josh, and that is the sole reason my beliefs are so threatening as it has been stated. I live in my own environment, which I feel is grounded in much rationality and reality, as seemingly untrue that may sound to others.

I don't wish to put myself in the environment in which we all live in, because I hate my environment. Sure, the advances we've made as a civilization is great, and it makes my life more convienant as a result. But man, I can't wait for the whole infrastructure to come crashing down(if it does) and for me to be able to just live my own damn life, with the people I enjoy, with ho and sickle in hand, to reap the benefits of my mother Earth, without the impending virus which is human ignorance to bombard me each and every day with the insanities that is consuming and has consumed the world for a very long time.

I could somewhat agree with your statement on casting ourselves to the side. I also however see the common trend in most religions, as being humanitarian and socialist(not facsist) in nature. For this, it is only natural that religious believers have cast themselves aside for "the greater good".(obviously the greater good has proven to be nothing more then corruption and human greed)

The Tao teaches that one must set aside societys agenda, as it is not the individuals agenda. It just so happens that my agenda is, to attempt at least, to make the world a better place then it is already. May that be through any field of work, I could care less, as long as such a task is put forth, and my efforts have been put forth to a level that doesn't consume me, and my happiness as a human being is not sacrificed. In this, my Tao, my path, is not of the "true" Taoist in the sense of what Lao Tze taught, but rather it is my own Tao, my own path. For that, I still am able to firmly claim myself as a Taoist, even if I don't follow everything the Tao try's to teach. (Mind you, Taoism from the start is taught to be a dogmatic approach to life, my way or the highway)

I claim no knowledge in Hinduism, but from what I've read, Hindu's hold the belief that the human course of life(not individual lives) is a cycle of a golden age, then the onset of immorality, followed by the end times(the end of the cycle) which is also at the completely same time, then onset of the next golden age. This belief goes beyond Hinduism, as the Mayan's have this belief. Shit, even the Christians have a similiar view, with the apocolypse and reign of Satan, followed by the rapture which brings upon a golden age led by Jesus Christ. A very eerie pattern that emerges however, is that most of these cycles are believed to be culminating at this very moment, or at least in the very near future. (the 5th cycle, and 5th end time, which begins a completely new cycle of the Mayan calender begins/ends on December 21st, 2012 which, I think is very very cool and shows the advanced nature of astrology in ancient Mayan culture, coincides with the the sun lining up with the Milky Way plane, perfectly,[only happens every 26,000 years] as well as that day being when the earth's wobble lines up perfectly straight, all on December 21st. the Mayans were pretty badass. Sorry for my run on sentence)

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I find it interesting that

I find it interesting that you would say that religions are on a 'humanitarian' trend. Several places on this site, there are threads that illustrate exactly the opposite. The 'greater good' being greed and corruption is a rather dim view with regard to what I see evidenced in society.

Do you think perhaps that this might be an error of perception? I mean that in respect to the information we are given. It is almost expected to pick up a paper now and read about some horrible atrocity that is happening in our world currently. 100 years ago, most of what we read about now would not have been readily available(or capable of being read) on such a widespread basis as the modern media is.

I would posit that, per capita, child molestation happened just as often as it does now. However, it was less reported and not punished like it is now. This would point to one aspect of social evolution with regard to humanitarian efforts.

Quite often on other message boards, the old codgers allege that society has worsened when in fact we have become a much more ethically based society that chooses to address problems that we know about. Apathy has taken a back seat to humanity in the information age. The knowledge gained each day forces us to be honest because it is so easy to catch someone in a lie.

That leads me back to religion. Churches of every kind held fast to their knowledge only releasing it to a select few for over a millenia. The secret societies of bygone eras kept any facts that could disprove any of their claims on the down low. That isn't possible anymore. Believe it or not, a good example of this would be the lonelygirl15 youtube saga. When the picture of Aleister Crowley was seen in her 'room', 1,000's of people posted what it was, where it came from, and what it meant. We can keep everyone honest by knowing what the lies are all about.

I think it's great that you wish to understand yourself more. I don't think you need to let Taoism, even self-defined, be your guide. I don't think you should let anyone be your guide, even me. lol. So that aspect of 'disregarding society's agenda' makes perfect sense. It's important to me that you understand that the basis of this site is to give people as much help as we can to overcome a need for religion in your life or anyone else's. That is one way, in my opinion, to make the world a much better place.

A lot of people want us to be afraid of the 'end times'. Their motivations are sketchy at best. The Earth's orbital decay could take millions of years. It will be swallowed up by our Sun's transition into a Red Giant star before that. By that time, the plan is to colonize the rest of the universe. We will be long dead by the time that happens. Interestingly enough, scientists, biologists, doctors, and astrophysicists are already studying ways to make that a reality despite the fact that they too will be dead before it is realized.

People have been going crazy over this mayan calendar thing. It's just disturbing to me to think that we can't accept the possibility/probability that they didn't feel a need to go further than 2012. I mean when is the last time that someone sat down with the gregorian month of January 2007 and made a circular ticker with the years? It seems rather fruitless to waste time in such an endeavor. We would get exceedingly bored with the task and look to something to say, "Well, that's it. We're all going to die because this is a celestial event that we haven't witnessed yet."

Many science fiction writers have explored the possibility of 'domes' built over cities to protect humankind in the event of something cataclysmic. I really wish I could allay people's fears over the supposed 'end of the world' stuff. There is so much data that points me to a completely different conclusion than the 'apocalyptic' one.

Ripple
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I see people being scared

I see people being scared of the supposed end-times  because it instills fear. It should instill fear in all people, as it is death.

Death is something that every single human being is inherently blind with. The possibilities for people can be very promising, and as well very scary(for people who may even consider such ill-conceived propositions as hell or anything like it.[I'm convinced Earth is a metaphorical purgatory however...])

Many people however find solace in that their religion is right, therefor, person A is going to heaven while person B is going to hell simply because he doesn't believe.

This is an obvious "conclusion" to life in the event of a catastrophic event. This conclusion however is never realized, because we'd all be dead.

What I'm getting to is, with so many people starting to root their basis upon EVIDENCE of the physical world, then they should be concerned at the very least, if not full own amazed, in the fact that there is a multitute of mere possibilities of what might actually be after all this. Because they have no evidence, they are in the UNKNOWN.

Faith is "knowing" to some people. In this, Christians "know" they are going to heaven. Therefor, they should have no fear in dieing. (I'm sure there are a plenty sinful, scared Christians out there)

Science is as well knowing in full realistic sense. However, since one does not know what life after death is, what do they have for such an event(being death)

Do the majority of these people take a laissez faire approach to such a subject?

The fact is josh, to say the end of the world is millions of a year away is a truth based in a status of perfect conditions.

Don't forget that just 40 years ago, your parents lived in perpetual fear of the world ending, every single day.

We only have been able to locate approxamitely 15-20 percent(if even that) of astroids that are close enough proximity to us that they pose an immediate(100 years or less) threat.

Global warming WILL throw the earth into a perpetual shit storm.

I'm not even speaking about if God exists. May that be the case, then who knows? God is limitless in it's power if popular thinking is correct.