I pissed off a Theist

Ry
User is offlineOffline
I pissed off a Theist

This started with me poster the war on easter kid's flyer.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Apr 14, 2006 1:09 AM

Hey man,

I understand what you're getting at, but I believe it is innacurate to say the bible is a complete fairytale. Some of it is, while other parts are apocryphal. And a great deal of it has proven to be historical (cross referenced with other historical texts).

I also don't mind if you want to tear down Easter, but be better grounded in your "facts" before spouting off, otherwise you will look the fool.

You want to be anti-Bush and anti-neocon? Great, it's a worthy cause (I think). But when someone comes along that makes an attack on something (Bush, Easter, whatever) and claims things that are just incorrect or erroneous, then my respect flies quickly out the window.

If WE want to really make a change in this world, then we must avoid attacking people's cherished Holidays with innacuracies.

If we want to be listened to, then we must first gain their respect.

On the other hand, if you want to dissassemble Easter, go for it. But write an episode of South Park (or whatever) and make it something we can laugh at.

But please do your research first so you don't sound like some anti-neocon-nut who isn't very well educated.

Nuff said,

Nik

MY REPLY

it is not inaccurate to not believe in giant magic bunnies.

The Bible is a joke. It has talking animals, a man living in a whales belly for three days and people with magic powers (they even have magic duals.) Ever read Levidicus? It is discussing, animal scrifices, death for basically any kind of vcrime including swearing at your parents.. Its homophobic. It supports slavery even in the Ten commandments it states that slaves don't have to work on the Sabbath (4th commandment) and that one should not covet their neighbor's slaves, wife or ox. (10th) then the next chaper Ex 21 you can read about how to beat you slaves and how it is wrong to beat them to death but Ok as long as they get up in a day or two (EX 21:20).

Are you an adult? Do you seriously think a book wear people live to be 700 years old and where all of Egypt is covered in frogs is not a fairy tale just because there is some real history mixed in with it?

I got my "Facts" and I will spout off. You look like a fool for believing in this nonsense. It was a poster for kids and it was funny. Must have hit a nerve. You have no idea how educated I am or how much I know about religion or History or the Neocons.

I think you're a spaz who can not emotionally handle anything undermining the religion you were taught as a child.

ps Being anti-neocon is totally irrelevent to being an atheist

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I pissed off a Theist

Good for you, man! Laughing out loud

HeLLBoUnD_Matt
User is offlineOffline
I pissed off a Theist

Wonderful responce

Matt-Evolved
Matt-Evolved's picture
User is offlineOffline
I pissed off a Theist

I love you

Can you forward that reply to everyone that lives in Chicago please

seekingfacts
User is offlineOffline
ok so let me get this right

ok so let me get this right .... nik is basically saying be nice when you tell someone there wrong and then go on to tell you your not only wrong but a fool. wow that’s amazing another hypocritical Christian that’s amazing. Way to go nik good representation of the gospel there!!! Once again the worst thing to happen to Christianity is Christian

J D

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
seekingfacts wrote: ok so

seekingfacts wrote:
ok so let me get this right .... nik is basically saying be nice when you tell someone there wrong and then go on to tell you your not only wrong but a fool. wow that’s amazing another hypocritical Christian that’s amazing. Way to go nik good representation of the gospel there!!! Once again the worst thing to happen to Christianity is Christian

Either you didn't read the original post, you didn't read the response, or you're a hypocrite. Either way, your comment is meaningless.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.