Has Rook looked into Joan of Arc?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline

You know lchosen by God lead the French to victory, burned at the stake etc etc...

As far as I know she was actually a historical person.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Has Rook looked

Quote:

Is it me or does that title sound kinda dirty? 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: Quote: Has

BGH wrote:
Quote:

Is it me or does that title sound kinda dirty?

It's just you.

Then again if he wants to look into a bunch of other Christian dudes he's more than welcome, but he should keep it to himself.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't see any reason to

I don't see any reason to doubt Joan of Arc, I'm fairly certain she was a historical person.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Isn't she the one who

Isn't she the one who claimed she was chosen by god to lead armies, got lucky in a battle and was burned at the stake by others who claimed to be chosen by god  (but had political motivations)? Then wasn't that conviction overturned by another person who claimed to be chosen by God (but had political motivations as well)?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
To my knowledge, Joan of Arc

To my knowledge, Joan of Arc had skill with tactics, which did make her good in battle, she was the one that claimed to be chosen by God, and she was burned at the stake, I believe, for witchcraft.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Rook_Hawkins wrote: To my

Rook_Hawkins wrote:
To my knowledge, Joan of Arc had skill with tactics, which did make her good in battle, she was the one that claimed to be chosen by God, and she was burned at the stake, I believe, for witchcraft.

Really?

I'll have to do more research. Nothing I've seen has shown her as a skilled tactician. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin