st.peter?

stitches_bbk
stitches_bbk's picture
User is offlineOffline
st.peter?

hi, in my art history class my teacher just told me that st. peter who was suppose to have known jesus was buried in rome at the vatican, but when i looked it up it said that the tomb was from 160 AD. do you guys have anymore info on this? it sounds to me like the whole st. peter thing is bs.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Most of us don't believe he

Most of us don't believe he ever existed, but if he did and was buried in a building that was built more than a century after his supposed death, that kind of puts a damper on the whole rising part.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

stitches_bbk
stitches_bbk's picture
User is offlineOffline
ok cool thanks, also

ok cool thanks, also in "the god who wasent there" he mentions the destruction of the jewish temple in 70 AD was in the bible, do you know where in the bible that is.  also do you know of other historical events that happend after jesus' supposed death that were in the bible.

Obvious Poe is obvious.

StMichael
Theist
StMichael's picture
User is offlineOffline
The tomb of Saint Peter the

The tomb of Saint Peter the Apostle is in the Basilica of Saint Peter's in Vatican City. The monument that was built over his tomb was from 160, but the bones and the ossuary are older than that. Similar to the monument built over the tomb of Saint Paul in Saint Paul Outside-the-Walls.

Yours In Christ, Eternal Wisdom,
StMichael

Psalm 50(1):8. For behold thou hast loved truth: the uncertain and hidden things of thy wisdom thou hast made manifest to me.