Rational Response Squad NY Chapter

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rational Response Squad NY Chapter

You mentioned this on tonight's show so I figured I'd break the ice on the forums. I live just outside New York and am in Manhattan all the time. I know I for one would love to lead a chapter of the rational response squad in the greatest city in the world. So I'd love to hear more about this.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
NY City RRS.  I think we'd

NY City RRS.  I think we'd need quite a few activists to help lead.  Let's use this thread as a place to unite them.  I revised your topic title to reflect the change.

We're specifically looking for people that aren't scared to get out in the public.

AModestProposal
User is offlineOffline
Hey, I just wanted to push

Hey, I just wanted to push this up to the top again and see if there were any rational responders in the NYC area.

Don Spanton
Don Spanton's picture
User is offlineOffline
interested

Hey there,

I work in Hoboken and can make it into the west village in under 15 minutes if I time it right.  I'd certainly like to get more involved, and if there aren't enough rational responders in the area I would be willing to help out.  My specialties are anything science and anything philosophy....just to list a few specific areas....bioethics, evolutionary theory, anthropology, psychology, metaphysics, epistemology, memetics (highly speculative, of course), geo-strategic theory, existentialism, particularly well versed on Nietzsche, Camus, Wittgenstein, Daniel Dennett, Robert Wright, Richard Dawkins, Stephen J Gould...also anything concerning biotechnology, biophysics, neuroscience, cognitive science, philosophy of the mind....blah blah blah...I think you get the idea.  The one thing I am not well versed on is the bible.  It is boring gibberish so I've never understood why I should focus my attention on it.  Anything other than biblical refutations I'd be willing to lend my "expertise" (ie, intellect) on.

Best,

DonS

AModestProposal
User is offlineOffline
I'm glad to see this thread

I'm glad to see this thread pop up again. And there's definitely enough rational responders in NYC; it's just a matter of mobilizing them. It'd take me a little longer to get to the Village from Bergen County NJ, but not that much longer. 

I'm not an expert in any of the above topics, but lately I've been learning the best arguments and best means of persuasion, so that's something anyway. But I'm all for stirring shit up in NYC.