Cam Newton's car accident.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cam Newton's car accident.

Cam Newton, we have emptathy for that close call and empathy that you survived. But you survived because of the truck design and aid of EMTs and doctors, nothing divine involved.

https://www.facebook.com/CamJNewton2/photos/a.183658721685527.64278.161257063925693/869556119762447/?type=1&relevant_count=1

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Absolutely! I got in a

Absolutely! I got in a crash about 10 years ago due to simple teenage boneheadedness. I knocked down a tree. Myself and my passenger got out virtually unscathed. Not that bad, but the almost no injury is a very good thing. I looked up the safety rating after...5 stars. Yay Nissan and luck. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I've had some accidents in

I've had some accidents in my lifetime but the most amazing things I've gotten out of weren't accidents. It was just doing fucking stupid shit like not wanting to wait for traffic on the Interstate so I cut through a rest stop driving at 90mph. <shudders> I think about the big 18 wheel rigs pulling out in front of me and smashing me like a small bean. Hormones are a double edged sword.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lucifer must have had Cam on

Lucifer must have had Cam on his fantasy team. God is such a fucking cheater.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  I guess God® must have

I guess God® must have been taking a nap when Cowboy Josh Brent crashed his car because God® let team mate Jerry Brown die from his injuries.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Lucifer

Beyond Saving wrote:

Lucifer must have had Cam on his fantasy team. God is such a fucking cheater.

Brian and I shared Cam's post on FB and commented on the absurdity of thanking God for serviving. It was a bit reasuring to see all the skeptics commenting on that page. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  I

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

I guess God® must have been taking a nap when Cowboy Josh Brent crashed his car because God® let team mate Jerry Brown die from his injuries.

What about the Cowboy who was crushed by the training facility roof which paralyzed him? God must love the Cowboys.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
   Yeah, I guess the big

Yeah, I guess the big "G" is no fan of the Cowboys.   I wish he would direct that divine rage at Cowboy's owner Jerry Jones...most people in Dallas would cheer his demise.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Yeah, I guess the big "G" is no fan of the Cowboys.   I wish he would direct that divine rage at Cowboy's owner Jerry Jones...most people in Dallas would cheer his demise.

Jerry is a dick too, but has been a much better owner than Danny over the years. Cowchips make the playoffs lots more than the Skins do. I'd put up with Jerry, would be happy to auction off Danny to the lowist bidder. I'd even change the Skins name to the Invisible Unicorns if they'd get rid of Danny.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks Brian for alerting

Thanks Brian for alerting me to the Cam Newton story the other day.  As you know (but others may not), I posted my response and a link on facebook.

Here is my posting on facebook.  The comment I made on Cam Newtown's page shows up here. 

My comment was:

I don't believe in god. By attributing your good fortune to the work of god you make us wonder about why God is causing all of the bad things in the world. If god is responsible for everything why do you think he decided to put you in an accident at all? Why do you think god sidelined you for the rest of the year?

I am extremely happy that you're ok, you're one of my favorite players in the NFL, but your post was distasteful towards the people that actually did save your life. The engineers who designed the cage of your trucks cabin deserve lots of credit. The ambulance that took you to the hospital deserve lots of credit as well as the doctors who worked on you.

The imaginary god you believe in doesn't deserve any credit for saving you from the accident he caused, or for giving you the losing season this year.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  I saw a hilarious Betty

I saw a hilarious Betty Bowers quote posted there by a lady named Armena Amy Marie :

"Thanking God for sparing you in a natural disaster is like sending a thank you note to a serial killer for stabbing the family next door."    

Awesome.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 I've responded to a bunch

I've responded to a bunch of the Christian commenters after I posted my response.  I find it interesting how many theists post with a 4th grade writing level.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I've

Sapient wrote:

I've responded to a bunch of the Christian commenters after I posted my response.  I find it interesting how many theists post with a 4th grade writing level.

That's because god doesn't teach grammar and if it ain't in the bible then it isn't worth learning.