Masaru Emoto: Water Responds to Our Thoughts

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Masaru Emoto: Water Responds to Our Thoughts

Sigh....so today at work, someone showed me this 3 minute video while explaining to me how absolutely amazing Dr. Emoto's research is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvzsjcBtx8

Yep, that's right, that's the sound of your brain cells dying. And, look at all those 'likes' on the video. So legit! /s

Obviously, the entire premise lacks any scientific plausibility based on what we currently know, but I had to see what else I could find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto

They probably shouldn't link their videos to the wikipedia page because two minutes on wikipedia told me that he is a doctor of "alternative medicine" from the Open International University for Alternative Medicine in India. And, he got a degree from Japan's Yokohama Municipal University after taking courses on international relations. Daaammm, now if those aren't some impressive scientific credentials, I don't know what is.  

http://is-masaru-emoto-for-real.com/

Then, two more minutes of research tells me that he only releases pictures that support his claims, his experiments have about as many methodological issues as a swiss cheese in a cartoon has holes, he doesn't submit the full details of his work for peer review, and he's already received James Randi's supernatural challenge, which, of course, he did not respond to. 

Oh, and the best part?

http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/emoto-label.html

ohayo gozaimasu! Have a soma wata clystal neckalise. Make you supa happy cause happy make a wata clystal. Supa cheap for yoo only. 

Oh, and a have soma supa powad wata bressed bai munk. 8 oz only $35.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4898
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 I heard about this a long

 I heard about this a long time ago. I believe it was on What the bleep do we know?

Like I said before, dumb people should be put out of their misery. This is just plain stupid.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4898
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Quote:I was tempted to think

Quote:
I was tempted to think of this third jar as a control, but since Dr. Emoto decided that controls are merely victims of neglect, I thought I would add another type of control: a fourth jar, bearing the name “Michele Bachmann.” Every day, I would read to Jar #4 a quote from Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. Depending on the rice’s political affiliation, perhaps it would be inspired, or perhaps it would commit suicide.

Lol!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4898
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Quote:I

butterbattle wrote:

Quote:
I was tempted to think of this third jar as a control, but since Dr. Emoto decided that controls are merely victims of neglect, I thought I would add another type of control: a fourth jar, bearing the name “Michele Bachmann.” Every day, I would read to Jar #4 a quote from Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. Depending on the rice’s political affiliation, perhaps it would be inspired, or perhaps it would commit suicide.

Lol!

I see Dr. Emoto died.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5427
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Quote:
I was tempted to think of this third jar as a control, but since Dr. Emoto decided that controls are merely victims of neglect, I thought I would add another type of control: a fourth jar, bearing the name “Michele Bachmann.” Every day, I would read to Jar #4 a quote from Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. Depending on the rice’s political affiliation, perhaps it would be inspired, or perhaps it would commit suicide.

Lol!

I see Dr. Emoto died.

He should have been nicer to the water in his body. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4898
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Quote:
I was tempted to think of this third jar as a control, but since Dr. Emoto decided that controls are merely victims of neglect, I thought I would add another type of control: a fourth jar, bearing the name “Michele Bachmann.” Every day, I would read to Jar #4 a quote from Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. Depending on the rice’s political affiliation, perhaps it would be inspired, or perhaps it would commit suicide.

Lol!

I see Dr. Emoto died.

He should have been nicer to the water in his body. 

I was thinking the same thing. believers in his quackery should have put his body on display then sat around it shouting good things and praying. The purpose? To prevent it from rotting. It is funny to imagine the body starting to fester while people say "i love you!" at the body.