what a way to die...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
what a way to die...

I can't imagine it was a quick death but I guess it could be quick if....

http://www.newser.com/story/195957/woman-commits-suicide-by-crocodile.html

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Depends on how many of

Depends on how many of them grabbed a hold of you. If several at once the death would be quick because you would be torn in half quickly. If one manages to bogart you, you are likely to actually die from drowning. Wouldn't be my choice of suicide, but to each their own. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Wouldn't

Beyond Saving wrote:

Wouldn't be my choice of suicide, but to each their own. 

Exactly.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
I forget how I got on to the

I forget how I got on to the video but I was hopping around the web and found this guy wanting to commit suicide and he picked having a train kill him. The video showed him pinning himself up again the wall and then as the train came in to the station it pinched him, rolling him like play dough between your two fingers until the single strand of play dough was so thin that the two halves seperated.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
... I feel sorry for

I feel sorry for maintenance. At least the croc caretakers don't have to worry about that.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:... I feel

Vastet wrote:
... I feel sorry for maintenance. At least the croc caretakers don't have to worry about that.

I didn't see any blood. It was as if you were making a dumpling and pinched the dough closed.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The body is a good 65%

The body is a good 65% water. I guarantee there was a mess.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:The body is a

Vastet wrote:
The body is a good 65% water. I guarantee there was a mess.

Then it was down below under the train.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Death by tiger : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610feLDWtO8&feature+youtu.be

I am an admitted misanthrope but it still makes me feel bad to see another human die like that.   The articles I have read stated that the young guy suffered from some form of mental illness.  Sad.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Nothing is quicker and more final than a properly placed shotgun blast to the head.  The photos of shotgun suicides with improperly positioned shotguns are just as sickening because now there is a living, breathing human who is now minus a face.  It's utterly devastating and extremely bloody leaving a huge mess.    I was going to provide a picture link but it's pretty depressing to view.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Nothing is quicker and more final than a properly placed shotgun blast to the head.  The photos of shotgun suicides with improperly positioned shotguns are just as sickening because now there is a living, breathing human who is now minus a face.  It's utterly devastating and extremely bloody leaving a huge mess.    I was going to provide a picture link but it's pretty depressing to view.

No need. I've seen it. I had a friend some fourteen years ago who was enthralled by death and used to look for that stuff.

I find it unnecessary because death comes in so many, many different ways. The one way I hope I never die is slow, painful and mentally disturbed. I've seen too many family members die that way. The strain on family is too much.

To be completely honest, the way I wish I would die is to be sucked in to a black hole or to be next to a super nova when it explodes. I've often had dreams about that last one even though I know our sun won't do it.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:To be

digitalbeachbum wrote:
To be completely honest, the way I wish I would die is to be sucked in to a black hole or to be next to a super nova when it explodes. I've often had dreams about that last one even though I know our sun won't do it.

The super nova would be an awesome sight to behold and certainly a noteworthy event to tie your exit to.  Nothing could compare to the last image on your retinas.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The black hole would be a

The black hole would be a bit slow and painful for me. Super nova would certainly be interesting, but the scale is so large that I doubt you'd properly experience it.
I'd be satisfied with a nuke. No chance of missing the shot and surviving. No chance of pain. Your eyes wouldn't even have time to tell your brain they saw a flash.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, i remember the

yeah, i remember the "through the wormhole" episode about black holes (from the first season, which is the only good season; after that the show started with the same woo shit as all the others). a physicist on there was talking about what it would be like to get sucked into a black hole and said it would be very painful. the most interesting thing for me was that, according to him, anyone observing a person getting sucked in would see that person frozen, just on the edge of the event horizon, pretty much indefinitely.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:yeah, i

I would suspect that once you reached the event horizon it would all end in a blink of an eye. I've read that if you tried to stand on the surface of a neutron star or pulsar, the intense gravity would crush you in less than a blink. The same would go for the black hole.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah but unless you teleport

Yeah but unless you teleport there you'll be dead long before you arrive, and not instantly.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Yeah but unless

Vastet wrote:
Yeah but unless you teleport there you'll be dead long before you arrive, and not instantly.

I wonder when we will have these:

http://youtu.be/4-vRpQ0YyYo