The Unbelievers

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Unbelievers

In the middle of watching The Unbelievers. I really like it. If you haven't seen it you should go watch it.

(edit)

I really enjoyed the closing credits. The part where Ian McEwan says, "I don't think people really believe in this thing. I've been to many funerals and the priest speaks about the after life and people are still sobbing. They don't really believe they are going to meet their loved ones..."

I've said this previously and I believe the funerals show a fundamental flaw in all religions.

In 1992 I was working for a friend who had written a book about after death communications. My sole purpose was to moderate the chat rooms for people who had visited the website to get more information and discuss the loss of a loved one.

During my short stay as moderator, I started to see a trend with people who claimed to believe in god, jesus and the after life. They were so upset at the loss of a loved one that they were angry. They were in some cases hateful towards others who tried to comfort but disturbed their vision of death or their loved one.

I asked many of them, "If you believe in god or heaven then why cry? You should be happy that your loved one is with jesus or god". Needless to say because I had disturbed their belief system I was removed as moderator of the chat rooms.