Romney's Grandson Mocked On TV

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Romney's Grandson Mocked On TV

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25562869

This little tiny snippet of news does not sufficiently cover what was said. So I am not sure what the hell it is all about :

A US TV presenter has apologised for poking fun at a photo of former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's adopted black grandson.

MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry said sorry "without reservation or qualification" to Mr Romney in a series of tweets.

The cable news host and guests made the comments on her Sunday programme about the Romney family Christmas photo.

The photo shows infant Kieran Romney with his grandparents and their 21 other grandchildren, all of them white.

"As black child born into large white Mormon family I feel familiarity w/ Romney family pic & never meant to suggest otherwise," Harris-Perry tweeted.

"I apologise to all families built on loving transracial adoptions who feel I degraded their lives or choices."

In the segment, one of panellists, actress Pia Glenn, sang lines from a Sesame Street song: "One of These Things Is Not Like the Others."

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
nobody knows how to fucking

nobody knows how to fucking report news anymore. seriously, you look back on the golden age of newscasting, guys like cronkite, ed murrow, hugh downs, dan rather, tom brokaw, then look at the pathetic troglodytes we have now. even when they were taking a controversial stand, like when murrow called joseph mccarthy on his bullshit on national television, they did it with class. none of this pundit bullshit. anyone who wants the news should just go to the bbc or even al-jazeera.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
News is now more some idiots

News is now more some idiots opinion than actual information.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:nobody knows

iwbiek wrote:
nobody knows how to fucking report news anymore. seriously, you look back on the golden age of newscasting, guys like cronkite, ed murrow, hugh downs, dan rather, tom brokaw, then look at the pathetic troglodytes we have now. even when they were taking a controversial stand, like when murrow called joseph mccarthy on his bullshit on national television, they did it with class. none of this pundit bullshit. anyone who wants the news should just go to the bbc or even al-jazeera.

lol troglodytes.. perfect use of the word!