harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Female Suicide Bomber hits Russian Train Station

Six people have been reported killed thus far :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25541019

'Suicide bomber' hits Russia's Volgograd train station

An explosion at a train station in the southern Russian city of Volgograd has killed at least 13 people, reports say.

A female suicide bomber was thought to be responsible for the blast, Russia's anti-terrorism committee said.

A suspected female suicide bomber killed at least six people when she attacked a bus in the city in October.

Moscow is concerned militant groups could be ramping up violence in the run up to the the 2014 winter Olympic Games in the city of Sochi in six weeks.

Debris lies outside Volgograd-1 railway station, 29 December 2013The blast blew out many windows and sent debris down the station steps

An Islamist insurgency in the North Caucasus region has led to many attacks there in recent years. Insurgents have also attacked big Russian towns.

Volgograd lies about 900km (560 miles) south of Moscow, 650km north of the North Caucasus and 700km north-east of Sochi.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered law enforcement agencies to take "all necessary security measures" in the bomb's aftermath, said a Kremlin spokesman.

Security would be stepped up at train stations and airports, said a federal police spokesman.

'Act of terrorism'

Sunday's explosion rocked Volgograd-1 station at around 12:45 (08:45 GMT), shattering windows and sending plumes of smoke from the station entrance.

Ambulances rushed the injured to hospital, while footage from of the station's entrance showed bodies laid out beside ambulances, with debris and shattered glass strewn on the station steps.

Interfax news agency quoted a source as saying the bomb was detonated near the metal detectors at the station entrance.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the blast, which local officials said claimed at least 18 lives and left dozens more injured.

"Initial indications are that the blast was set off by a female suicide bomber," said the National Anti-Terror Committee said in a statement.

Russia map

The incident was being treated as an act of terrorism, said Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin.

In July, Chechen insurgent leader Doku Umarov posted an online video urging militants to use "maximum force" to prevent the Games from going ahead.

On Friday, a car bomb killed three people in the southern Russian city of Pyatigorsk.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i guarantee you putin will

i guarantee you putin will find the fuckers responsible for this and stuff their own nuts in their mouths in a matter of days, weeks at the most, while all o-fucktard would do is make a speech. you know shit is bad when a die-hard philosopher like me says these times call for men of action.

that's why the arab "emirs" send afghans, uighurs, and chechens to do their dirty work against the russians and they hit the US themselves. as dirty as guantanamo might be, they do not want to fuck with the russians. the soviets may have ultimately lost the afghan war, but those "mujahideen" are still pissing themselves over the memories of what those muzhiks did to them. when it came to wreaking untold havoc, the green berets in vietnam were absolute pussies compared to the soviets in afghanistan.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
as a postscript, fuck

as a postscript, fuck muslims. seriously.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: i guarantee

iwbiek wrote:

i guarantee you putin will find the fuckers responsible for this and stuff their own nuts in their mouths in a matter of days, weeks at the most, while all o-fucktard would do is make a speech. you know shit is bad when a die-hard philosopher like me says these times call for men of action.

that's why the arab "emirs" send afghans, uighurs, and chechens to do their dirty work against the russians and they hit the US themselves. as dirty as guantanamo might be, they do not want to fuck with the russians. the soviets may have ultimately lost the afghan war, but those "mujahideen" are still pissing themselves over the memories of what those muzhiks did to them. when it came to wreaking untold havoc, the green berets in vietnam were absolute pussies compared to the soviets in afghanistan.

I am in total agreement and hope those terrorist fucks get whatever is coming to them.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Too tired to provide a

Too tired to provide a link at the moment but a second terrorist attack has occurred that has killed 14 Russian civilians.  No one doubts that Russian counter-terrorist units are willing to exact brutal revenge but the Russian intelligence agencies are needed even more to actually prevent the attacks before they happen.  Proactive is always better than reactive.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have no doubt the Russians

I have no doubt the Russians can easily handle them, if they can find them. Whether or not they can find them is another question. They might not even want to. They get to use terrorism as an excuse to step on places like Chechnya. The US effectively gave them carte blanche to do what they want in these situations after Iraq, and they wasted little time throwing their muscle around.
Terrorists never are an actual threat to a state. They are an excuse for the state to seize more power. If they only realised how little they accomplish they'd all die of shame.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
"whether they want to find

"whether they want to find them" is definitely the question, but i think in this situation the international outcry is so great that even the kremlin will feel compelled to make an example of somebody.

i have no doubt they can find them. we're talking about the land of sergey nechayev here, the birthplace of terrorism. the communists kept those fuckers in line for over half a century, so it can be done. they even could've avoided the afghanistan debacle if they had been a bit more clever and patient, sacrificing their unpopular afghan figurehead (which they finally did anyway) and instituting a few temporary "reforms" a la NEP. but by that time they were too proud.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:"whether they

iwbiek wrote:
"whether they want to find them" is definitely the question, but i think in this situation the international outcry is so great that even the kremlin will feel compelled to make an example of somebody.
i have no doubt they can find them. we're talking about the land of sergey nechayev here, the birthplace of terrorism. the communists kept those fuckers in line for over half a century, so it can be done. they even could've avoided the afghanistan debacle if they had been a bit more clever and patient, sacrificing their unpopular afghan figurehead (which they finally did anyway) and instituting a few temporary "reforms" a la NEP. but by that time they were too proud.

I agree totally. Go Russia all the way on these terrorist fucks.

― Giordano Bruno

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote: I

harleysportster wrote:

I agree totally. Go Russia all the way on these terrorist fucks.

From Russia with love....