McDonalds CEOS and their hourly wages

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
McDonalds CEOS and their hourly wages

I wonder what the protestors are going to make of this latest news ?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonalds-starbucks-ceos-more-9-110100507.html

The chief executives of McDonald's and Starbucks earn more than $9,200 an hour, which is at least 1,000 times the hourly wages of their sales associates, according to a new report by the personal finance websiteNerdWallet.

The report highlights fast food and retail companies with some of the biggest gaps between CEO pay and hourly wages paid to associates.

(It seems that out of all of the wages listed, Best Buy and AT &T employees make the best. Starbucks employees are paid more than McDonalds employees.)

(I personally do not buy from either one, as I am not paying the stupid prices for coffee at Starbucks over my own Folgers every morning, and I find the prices at McDonalds ridiculous if one wants something other than the tiny little dollar menu that can be consumed in one bite. I am a skinny little dude, and I find those dollar menus laughable. I'll stick to regular grocery shopping and cooking).

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Come on you communist, you

Come on you communist, you cant value labor. Our lot in life is to be tools for CEOs and shareholders.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:(I

harleysportster wrote:
(I personally do not buy from either one, as I am not paying the stupid prices for coffee at Starbucks over my own Folgers every morning, and I find the prices at McDonalds ridiculous if one wants something other than the tiny little dollar menu that can be consumed in one bite. I am a skinny little dude, and I find those dollar menus laughable. I'll stick to regular grocery shopping and cooking).

...and that's all it takes to bring down these places that people bitch about and workers feel shafted for working at.  If everyone had some form of fucking self-control and try living like people rather than mindless consumers, we could get on the ball and figure out a better FOOD/AIR DEAL.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

...and that's all it takes to bring down these places that people bitch about and workers feel shafted for working at.  If everyone had some form of fucking self-control and try living like people rather than mindless consumers, we could get on the ball and figure out a better FOOD/AIR DEAL.

No, it cuts both ways. If the big boys insist on existing they can't simply scapegoat the poor. If those morons are going to depend on labor, then they should value that labor. PERIOD!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:No, it cuts

Brian37 wrote:
No, it cuts both ways. If the big boys insist on existing they can't simply scapegoat the poor. If those morons are going to depend on labor, then they should value that labor. PERIOD!

Value is subjective.  If you can put any kind of price on a human being's physical or mental output, you own them.  PERIOD.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
And people wonder why

And people wonder why there's no loyalty or professionalism anymore. People have to care to give that, but it's impossible to care when you're getting shafted.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.