Nun in training smothers newborn in convent

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nun in training smothers newborn in convent

Nun in training smothers her newborn in a convent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24583903

"A trainee Catholic nun has appeared in court charged with killing her newborn child at a convent in Washington DC.

Sosefina Amoa was ordered to be held without bail, according to the US Attorney's office.

The 26-year-old is accused of first-degree murder in the smothering death of her infant son.

She told police she had not informed the convent of her past sexual activity and feared the nuns would hear the boy's cries."

(I wonder what more details of the case will reveal ?)

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yeah, I read about it on some other news outlets, too.  Sickening. So much for "traditional family values".

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Yeah, I read about it on some other news outlets, too.  Sickening. So much for "traditional family values".

"Traditional family values" is indeed a meme that has just literally been beat to death by so many political people (on all  sides of the fence,) that it grates on my nerves.

I generally just ask people which "traditions" and "values" that they are talking about.

Like most catch phrases, it pretty much just means whatever they agree with and a rejection of what they don't agree with.

It is one of the major pet peeves of mine about people that identify themselves as "freethinkers".

It seems that a lot of the "freethinkers" that I encounter are all for being open-minded......until you disagree with them that is Smiling

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:  It

harleysportster wrote:

It seems that a lot of the "freethinkers" that I encounter are all for being open-minded......until you disagree with them that is Smiling

(   Prozac nods head knowingly... )

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
No, religion is not poison.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:No, religion

Brian37 wrote:

Brian, if the new born had been armed with a hand gun it could have defended itself.

YOU'RE NEVER TOO YOUNG ...TO CARRY A GUN

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Brian, if the new born had been armed with a hand gun it could have defended itself.

YOU'RE NEVER TOO YOUNG ...TO CARRY A GUN

Sorry it took me so long to get your sarcasm.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

On the other hand, a great many children were killed in the old days. Maybe there's a dark irony here.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

You and I are miles apart politically with many serious disagreements   ....but I admit sometimes I just like to yank your chain to get a rise out of ya.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

You and I are miles apart politically with many serious disagreements   ....but I admit sometimes I just like to yank your chain to get a rise out of ya.

FUCK YOU, AN ABBA FAN DOESN'T TAKE SHIT FROM ANYONE! (Note to self, did I think this, or type it?)

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:   On the

Vastet wrote:

On the other hand, a great many children were killed in the old days. Maybe there's a dark irony here.

Tragically enough, I would say that your probably right when you calculate up newborns that were killed for having birth defects (a sign of the devil) unwanted pregnancies, and other things.

Not to mention all of the back alley way abortions and other practices that women had of getting rid of unwanted children.

Considering the fact that in the old days of "traditional family values" many people would probably have done anything to protect the stigma of being an unwed mother. Especially those that came from prominent families or were members of a religious order.

Considering some of the harsh punishments that could be meted out on disgraced women, who can really blame some of them for the drastic actions they may have felt FORCED to take ?

Of course, considering the fact that the U.S. has the highest child killing and child abuse rate than any other nation in the western world, times have not changed very much.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15288865

― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have no sympathy for her.

I have no sympathy for her. She knew better but put her own personal well being in front of the baby's life.