i fucking hate articles like this

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i fucking hate articles like this

this was top fucking headline on yahoo this morning.  serves me right for going there.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/throwback/201310/jerry-jones-still-uses-flip-phone

i don't give two shits about pro sports in general, but smarmy fucking assholes who write shit like this have one big problem in life: they've obviously never had their ass kicked.

HEAVEN FUCKING FORBID a man, regardless of how much money he has, chooses to keep using shit as long as it works.  heaven fucking forbid he doesn't dump another used-up device, full of all kinds of nonbiodegradable materials, into the environment every six fuckin' months, just because he wants to look cool (i.e., like a douche).

guess what, you piece of shit?  some of us prefer our old shit.  some of us, believe it or not, don't think steve jobs shat nothing but gold nuggets his whole life and we don't cream our pants every time a new i-fucking-whatever comes out.  some of us prefer our old shit because we get used to things.  take me, for example.  even if i have money to go new clothes shopping, i will have my wife keep mending my old stuff as long as possible because i don't want fucking new clothes, i want MY clothes, the ones i know fit well and i'm comfortable in.

and, get this, you worthless queef, some of us like prefer our old shit because we know there are CUNTS like you out there, and the very last fucking thing we want is to be like YOU: a fucking smug, hipster jack-off.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  I read the article then

I read the article then scanned down to the readers comments and many of them agreed that Jerry using a flip phone shouldn't even be an issue ( billionaire or not ) and I also agree.  In fact I use a flip phone.  I don't need my phone for anything but talking or texting plus I got tired of people telling me I was pocket dialing them with my newer style phone which I subsequently got rid of .

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
exactly.  this summer in

exactly.  this summer in the states i used a prepaid phone from costco, because obviously my european cell phone would be prohibitively expensive to make calls with in the US.  it was some sort of samsung touchscreen abomination and it did weird shit all the time.  the screen lock was a joke because all you needed to do to open the phone was to tap the screen then swipe it, which i could do just by picking it up and moving it.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Touchscreens are stupid.

Touchscreens are stupid.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
I still carry my flip

I still carry my flip phones, if I need to access the internet I have my tablet.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:I still

Beyond Saving wrote:

I still carry my flip phones, if I need to access the internet I have my tablet.

"Flip phone", is that what they are calling it these days?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
.. Well, it could be the clamshell design . . .

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I think  it is referring  to the clam-shell  design, if I'm not mistaken. You unfold it or flip it open  to use  (the small mobile-phone) .

Fun Image ::

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ironically, i remember about

ironically, i remember about 8 or 9 years ago when everybody and their brother had a motorola razr, which is a "flip-phone."  wow, i guess i might as well be talking about edison's gramophone, huh?

--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
When I was a network

When I was a network manager, I used to be a "Han Solo". I had a beeper, a blackberry and a cell phone.

http://www.cio.com/article/573963/12_Types_of_Cell_Phone_Users_That_Drive_Us_Nuts

The one I hate the most? The iPhone Snob.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Does any one remember the

Does any one remember the model phone where the bottom would pop out when you pressed the button? Thus causing the length of the phone to increase 50-100%? I'm not sure if that is a "slide phone". I think the new James Bond movie had some product placement of these phones.

Also did you see the Samsung commercial for the "wrist watch phone"? It had every movie or television show which had a wrist phone, such as Dick Tracy to the Jetson's.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/04/is-this-the-return-of-the-wristwatch/?_r=0

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:Brian37

danatemporary wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I think  it is referring  to the clam-shell  design, if I'm not mistaken. You unfold it or flip it open  to use  (the small mobile-phone) .

Fun Image ::

Thanks, way to ruin a good innuendo.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I can't keep up with what they are calling it these days. The only things I can state for certain are:

1. Three was too many.

2. There is no clam, shelled or otherwise.

3. I have made a new friend of the furry four legged variety.

4. I made a really good decision to not drive last night.

5. And I think I remember, the JETS WON MNF! Which makes me wonder if three was too many and that is a false memory. 

Once I figure out the minor details that accompany these facts like what my name is, where my car is parked and more pressingly, whats for breakfast, I will endeavor to catch up on the trend and discover what they are calling it these days.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Once I

Beyond Saving wrote:

Once I figure out the minor details that accompany these facts like what my name is, where my car is parked

HAHAHAHA, all I can think of is "dude where's my car!"

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brilliant idea

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Once I figure out the minor details that accompany these facts like what my name is, where my car is parked

HAHAHAHA, all I can think of is "dude where's my car!"

Netflix +1

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'm the second type, and

i'm the second type, and fuck anyone who has a problem with it.  everyone knows every cell phone nowadays croaks after a maximum of 2 years anyway, like clockwork.  the phones pictured are exaggerations and the writer knows it.  i haven't seen those since the mid-'90s.

--Hunter S. Thompson