Mysteries

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mysteries

It was brought to my attention a simple scientific fact that I was not aware off. The Square cube law.

The problem arises then! how can we fully explain the biggest dinosaurs?! Truth is there is still no consensus about this question amongst scientists...

Some curiosities might add spice to this problem...

Was the atmosphere thicker 100 million years ago? Thus creating more buoyancy

Was the earth more massive or less? According to scientists Earth is losing mass because hydrogen loss is greater than dust collecting... but was it always so?

What about rotation speed? If we take the 2 second loss for 100.000 years we get higher centrifuge forces. But can they account significantly to counteract gravity?

So what was the gravity 100 million years ago?

Is it proven that dinosaur bones can take the load of their weight given actual parameters?

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dinosaurs got around it

Dinosaurs got around it through various measures. Their bones are hollowed, like birds, reducing mass and volume significantly. Most mass is in bones, or exoskeletons.
The atmosphere was of a different composition. More oxygen. Thus less energy was required to breath, thus less energy was required to do anything at all.
More oxygen basically means life can grow bigger and faster.
The atmosphere would have been 'thicker', yes.
Gravity would have been stronger, but not so much so that it would have much impact, if any.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
 WTF! Just another

WTF! Just another mystery!

http://www.examiner.com/article/tiny-alien-skeleton-debunked-by-dna-modern-medicine-proves-alien-humanoid

I don't care if it's alien or not! What the hell is that?! the problem is not if it's alien... but how can such a thing ever be! Alive for 6 years!

Gnomes exist... 

I tried to find a debunk of this... couldn't

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
@TeralekSo what's the point?

@Teralek

So what's the point?