Atheists confirm Jesus's existence by talking about him?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheists confirm Jesus's existence by talking about him?

Do the idiots who write this junk understand for many atheists this is not our first time running into this skunk of an argument?

http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=2&aid=256&dir=2013/April/Thursday4

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
If that's right.......

........then Zeus, Thor, Santa, the easter bunny and every other imaginary thing we talk about will suddenly appear. That would follow the same logic,  oops! I forgot theists don't have logic,  they certainly never use any.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watch your backs, that logic

Watch your backs, that logic means Darth Vader and Darh Sidious really existed. Which means the Sith are alive and well here on Earth.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Watch your

Vastet wrote:
Watch your backs, that logic means Darth Vader and Darh Sidious really existed. Which means the Sith are alive and well here on Earth.

I CANT BELIEVE IT MAN, YOUR SWHART'Z IS AS BIG AS MINE!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damnit, Yogurt said mine was

Damnit, Yogurt said mine was the biggest. I have to go have a chat with him.
Set speed to plaid.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know it was Ann or Anne something . . (Mel's wife) ::

Why does my computer have a quote from 1 Thes. (* at bottom) and open up next to a YouTube video of a slinky sexy sex kitten ? And no I am not trying to be just one of the 'guys'. I am asking.

Ahhh,
I get it, finally. I am confusing Ann-Marget with Anne Bancroft who I just learned has died. I am sorry to hear that I thought she was still alive (Mel's wife).

I have never seen some people lose interest in a thread THIS FAST before. I blame the writer myself !!

Too Hot for the Internet Ms. Ann-Marget link, I opened by mistake : www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAFibfhXlps

* BibleBot window :: Turn ye from idols to live and serve the true and living God that delivers us from the wrath to Come.

The verse I found on a video quoting the final words of Anton LeVay on his Deathbed, apparently.

____
Internet what a world !

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Do the idiots

Brian37 wrote:

Do the idiots who write this junk understand for many atheists this is not our first time running into this skunk of an argument?

http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=2&aid=256&dir=2013/April/Thursday4

Kills me the way that these morons want to throw out these wannabe philoshophical arguments like they are making a profound point, when in truth it is just more horseshit.

And yes, they say this stuff like no one has ever had these types of arguments thrown at them before.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Watch your

Vastet wrote:

The scary part IN REALITY is that some fans of the movie have started a church. Now while I am sure most in it are merely using the word "church" as a lark. But considering that L dumbfuck Hubbard wrote a si fi book that lead to Scientology, dont put it past humans to believe stupid bullshit.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Damnit, Yogurt

Vastet wrote:
Damnit, Yogurt said mine was the biggest. I have to go have a chat with him. Set speed to plaid.

Yogurt I HATE YOGURT!

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
↑ May the schwartz be will you (.. always)

Re :: May the schwartz be will you (.. always)

p.s. -- When they make the round up and arrest me for being a part of this site.. Know I blame you.

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Link seems to be dead, but

Link seems to be dead, but it sounds to me like we're dealing with the good ol' ontological argument. 

If, indeed, our ability to perceive god means he exists (as mentioned by above posters, comparing other fictional characters) then ok. 

However, if you take the ontological argument to the usual spot theists take it (a god who actually exists is greater than one who doesn't, therefore, god exists) then I can argue that a perfect god killer exists, because I can perceive of a being who can instantly murder any god that emerges and wipe that god from existence. Of course, if this being exists, they would be infinitely more effective at killing gods, therefore, that being exists. Utter nonsense. The second you take the argument one step further than a theist intends (and no part of the argument actually establishes a limit on how far it can be taken) it immediately falls into the category of ridicule, along with all of the other arguments for god. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.