Origin of Life: Power Behind Primordial Soup Discovered

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Origin of Life: Power Behind Primordial Soup Discovered

Researchers at the University of Leeds may have solved a key puzzle about how objects from space could have kindled life on Earth. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130404122234.htm

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Poor theists, another of

Poor theists, another of their favorite arguments bites the dust.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Poor

Beyond Saving wrote:

Poor theists, another of their favorite arguments bites the dust.

Yep ! Interesting article

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
They will just say, "That's

They will just say, "That's all part of our "god's" plan".

I still follow a website with a blog called "DNA is not code".

Several people claim that DNA is code and was created, not formed accidental, by either alien life or a god.

You might have heard the story: DNA is code and since all code is written by an intelligent mind and since man didn't invent DNA, their must be a more powerful force which created it.

Of course, all scientific proof posted is attacked as either "god's plan" or "Intelligent Design is the only way for that to happen".

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:They

digitalbeachbum wrote:

They will just say, "That's all part of our "god's" plan".

I still follow a website with a blog called "DNA is not code".

Several people claim that DNA is code and was created, not formed accidental, by either alien life or a god.

You might have heard the story: DNA is code and since all code is written by an intelligent mind and since man didn't invent DNA, their must be a more powerful force which created it.

Of course, all scientific proof posted is attacked as either "god's plan" or "Intelligent Design is the only way for that to happen".

I have heard those arguments as well. I have had people play this like some sort of major trump card against me. "The only thing that can write code is intelligence, therefore....GOD."

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sadly theists aren't smart

Sadly theists aren't smart enough to understand what this actually means. It's a stepping stone process. Much like how you can't build a car without wheels and an engine, neither can you understand advanced science without a grasp of the basic sciences.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yep it's fun times

Personally I have a poor understanding of chemiosmosis but the idea geology and biology are bound together and facilitated the formation of life thanks to contributions of molecules from space is appealing. And freaky. 

Sagan was right. We are the universe's self awareness. 

Oh. And Venter says he is closer to synthetic life. 

http://www.element14.com/community/community/news/blog/2013/03/22/creating-synthetic-life--j-craig-venter-institute-say-they-re-close

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That part I didn't get. The

That part I didn't get. The intermediary between geology and biology is chemistry. The article gave the impression of some great mystery there, when it's actually a small mystery.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.