Jim Randi & Jeffrick

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jim Randi & Jeffrick

So I was already schedualed to be the skeptic on a TV show up against 2 local psychics. We filmed it on  Friday. The producers kept the psychics in a seperate greenroom from me. When I walk into my greenroom, my Jaw dropped, there was James Randi and an assistant, the look on my face  must have been worth  a million dollars. The assistant  asked if I were the psychic?  I stuttered through "No I'm a good guy; and a member of JREF and a fan". Like wow right. The producer with me did the intros. We had 5 minutes before airtime and I'm stuttering like a star struck teenager. Luckily it's taped live not broadcast live. It took more then 5 minutes but I did get the stuttering under control.

Short story: James Randi was born and raised in Toronto, he still has a lot of family here. He just happened to be in town for a funeral. The station manager was an old friend and knew he was in town, so he asked him to do the show. Someone has to die for me to be this lucky, well that's life.

I was introduced as Jeffrick and challenged the psychics "Lady Gwen" & "Miss Ellen" to come up with my real name. They went into a history of their "spirit guides"  and success rates. Mr.Randi did what amounts to a play by play of their hemming and hawing. The worst thing to do to a psychic is to sit and say nothing, which I did; easy since I was afraid of stuttering again. The psychics attacked Randi over his treatment of Uri Geller; easy for Randi he's been dealing with that charge for over 40 years.  He even did the "bent spoon" trick, but I surprised him when I picked up the 2 pieces and psychicly put the spoon back together again. I did NOT fool Randi with my slight of hand but I did surprise him for a second. 

After the tapeing we had a good talk,  has his assistant shuffled him off for the funeral. I was still waving at the car when the station manager told me the funeral was yesterday and the assistant was saving Randi from a star struck nusience.  I had a good day in spite of the insult.

http://www.youtube.com?watch?v=OFLmcDSmrqc

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
fucking awesome! can't wait

fucking awesome! can't wait to see it!

Not sure if the link you provided was supposed to be the show, but there wasn't any thing there.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's pretty damn cool. I

That's pretty damn cool.

I fixed the link (extra '?') but it just says 'This video is unavailable.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFLmcDSmrqc

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:That's pretty

Vastet wrote:
That's pretty damn cool. I fixed the link (extra '?') but it just says 'This video is unavailable.' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFLmcDSmrqc

Bummer.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Good one Jeffrick, you had

Good one Jeffrick, you had me until I checked the link and the date.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol. Had to happen sometime.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Lol. Had to

Vastet wrote:

cap beat him to the punch though.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Good

Beyond Saving wrote:

Good one Jeffrick, you had me until I checked the link and the date.  

LOL.    I thought it was viable enough to last beyond 3PM but I was wrong. So I'll change one letter in the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFLmcDSlrqc 

the last M  becomes a small  "l"  and did any one else buy this?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

the last M  becomes a small  "l"  and did any one else buy this?

It works for me. I got up and usually look at the new posts, so I was sleepy. Either way, I believed you as I was just watching James Randi videos over the weekend, so I was all geared up to see something good.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
I'd like to point out that

I'd like to point out that the pastor you debated said, "if the bible is true" at 3:07 in the video.

This is a Freudian Slip? He doesn't really know if the bible is true?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Vastet

iwbiek wrote:

Vastet wrote:

cap beat him to the punch though.

Yeah but hers was totally transparent to me. If something like that had happened it'd make headlines everywhere within an hour.
This one might have gotten a bit more thought on my part if I hadn't slept since I saw hers and a few others, forgetting it was still the first, but who knows. I think the idea of a future fixed link put my critical thinking on the sidelines.
I actually love it when I do fall for things like this. Keeps me on my toes with more important stuff. Doesn't happen too often.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Doesn't happen

Vastet wrote:
Doesn't happen too often.

That you can remember!

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I'd

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I'd like to point out that the pastor you debated said, "if the bible is true" at 3:07 in the video.

Thanks for the heads up digital..., I didn't notice before. When I was checking again I noticed at 2:50 when the host ask the Rev. if he thought the earth is realy 6000 years old the Rev. DIDN'T answer. Not direct.  I always had the feeling he was answering by-rote and he didn't REALY believe what he was saying.  Does anyone else feel that way?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Thanks for the heads up digital..., I didn't notice before. When I was checking again I noticed at 2:50 when the host ask the Rev. if he thought the earth is realy 6000 years old the Rev. DIDN'T answer. Not direct.  I always had the feeling he was answering by-rote and he didn't REALY believe what he was saying.  Does anyone else feel that way?

I noticed that also, but I threw it out because even though he didn't say, "No, I think it is 10,000 years old" he did seem to imply that the Earth was not 6,000 but instead 10,000.

(edit)

I also noticed he says things like "the bible suggests" and "we are to assume"...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Doesn't happen too often.

That you can remember!

Says you.