Tunisian woman under threat for bare breast protest.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tunisian woman under threat for bare breast protest.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
This one too

http://www.avaaz.org/en/maldives_global/?tKhcteb

I don't understand......

But then, I don't understand marrying a six year old girl and having sex with her, either. 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
First link froze my system.

First link froze my system. > >
Wish the second had too.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:First link

Vastet wrote:
First link froze my system. > > Wish the second had too.

Too true - sickening. 

Edit - too bad on the first link - has photo of same.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brave girl

They've got some ovaries, these women in muslim countries, standing up to the world's silliest and most violent men. 

If there's going to be a change to the muslim attitude it needs to come from the people who raise the kids. 

Strange watching this collision between raw monotheism and the enlightement through the real time prism of the Internet.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I stand with all girls and

I stand with all girls and women no matter their religion who stand up to oppression and stand up for education. I stand with Neda, and Malala and Ayaan and Susan B Anthony. I stand up for the rightful history of progress where girls/women and ALL humans as individuals are allowed to make their own life choices without the bondages of antiquated social norms.

There can be no human progress remaining stagnant in fear and sexism and bigotry. I've said it before and I will say it again, "Any culture that cannot or wont allow girls/women to make their own life choices deserves nothing but scorn and contempt".

This is NOT a label issue because gender role sexism does pop up all over the world in many cultures. Human men need to get the fuck over themselves.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
When a religious leader

When a religious leader says, "could be contagious and give ideas to other women..." I gotta be suspicious of their motives.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:When a

digitalbeachbum wrote:

When a religious leader says, "could be contagious and give ideas to other women..." I gotta be suspicious of their motives.

Toto is pulling back the curtain exposing Oz for the monster he really is.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Toto is pulling back the curtain exposing Oz for the monster he really is.

Toto is pulling back the curtain on extremism and showing the monster for what it really is.