Tonight's The Night We'll Make History,

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tonight's The Night We'll Make History,

First off, for extra credit, can anyone Bueler, anyone? Tell me what the title of the thread is referencing(totally unrelated to this post). (Hint, you cant pick them up on Saturday)

BUT ANYWHO,

Mid season I was thinking the Skins were toast, but climbed back into it and if they beat the Cowboys tonight, not only will they make the playoffs, but my friend Bob Spence will be helping me change my universal avatar on all the websites I frequent because the Skins will officially no longer suck.

GO REDSKINS! And is your team in it? Let the playoff prognostication  and trash talk begin!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Go first nations!!!!!!!!!!

I hate their nick-name, have you noticed Brian37 I never use it.  I hope they win, it's 8:54 no score yet but Romo has just been picked off for the second time.  St.Thomas of Brady rendered unto us true believers a 28 to 0 victory which allows the Patriots  a week off before getting their uniforms dirty.  Good luck to D.C. first nations.

btw I am part Mikmaq through dad and all the Mikmaq and Penobscot I know {meny} do not have red skin and don't effin' care for the word.  Why not the New York Darkies or worse yet the Nebraska Ni*****?  I do wish  them the best of luck  and a name change.

btw do you like trivia?   Can you name the starting quaterback who was replaced [do to injuries] by both Joe Theismann & Terry Bradshaw? 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
A week off before they get

A week off before they get their uniforms dirty.....LOL

I want to say Jay Shraider(sp),  replaced Joe Thiesman but that has to be wrong because Thiesman did start his career during Terry's last year, and Jay only replaced Joe after he broke his leg in 85.

SKINS WIN SKINS WIN SKINS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:A week off

Brian37 wrote:

A week off before they get their uniforms dirty.....LOL

I want to say Jay Shraider(sp),  replaced Joe Thiesman but that has to be wrong because Thiesman did start his career during Terry's last year, and Jay only replaced Joe after he broke his leg in 85.

SKINS WIN SKINS WIN SKINS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you recall   Terry Hanratty.  He was a starter at Notre Dame has a senior he was injured and replaced by Sophmore Joe Thiesmann;  drafted by Pittsburgh, a year ahead of Bradshaw  and he was the starter who  was injured and replaced by Bradshaw and never started again.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 See Brian I told you that

See Brian I told you that you were too much of a pessimist. Here we go with my picks- Next weekend will be Texans, Ravens, Packers and Seahawks with the victories.  Leaving Broncos v. Ravens which the Broncos should clean up and Patriots v. Texans which I think is hard to call- put a gun to my head and I will bet on the Patriots. Then the Falcons vs. Seahawks which I expect the Falcons to win and 49ers v. Packers- my bet is on the Packers. 

Leaving us with a great conference game over in the AFC Broncos v. Patriots and I will bet Broncos and a less interesting Falcons v. Packers my gut tells me the Packers might be able to edge out that game but I'm not so confident. Either way, I think it is very probable that the AFC is winning the Superbowl this year. My pick for the Superbowl is the Broncos. (although I will be rooting for the Bengals to defy all the odds and somehow pull out a win) 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: See

Beyond Saving wrote:

See Brian I told you that you were too much of a pessimist. Here we go with my picks- Next weekend will be Texans, Ravens, Packers and Seahawks with the victories.  Leaving Broncos v. Ravens which the Broncos should clean up and Patriots v. Texans which I think is hard to call- put a gun to my head and I will bet on the Patriots. Then the Falcons vs. Seahawks which I expect the Falcons to win and 49ers v. Packers- my bet is on the Packers. 

Leaving us with a great conference game over in the AFC Broncos v. Patriots and I will bet Broncos and a less interesting Falcons v. Packers my gut tells me the Packers might be able to edge out that game but I'm not so confident. Either way, I think it is very probable that the AFC is winning the Superbowl this year. My pick for the Superbowl is the Broncos. (although I will be rooting for the Bengals to defy all the odds and somehow pull out a win) 

No I am not a pessimist. 17 years of not firing on all cylinders racks up consistent data. I am just happy that this year they proved me wrong.

What amazed me is that RG was well protected and didn't have to scramble that much. And our defense played really well, and our special teams. That was the best game I saw the Skins play all year. Because it was not all RG and they had all their cylinders firing. With RG and that kind of game, I don't know how deep we will get this year, but watch out next year. Oh, and look for my avatar to change soon.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Then the

Beyond Saving wrote:

Then the Falcons vs. Seahawks which I expect the Falcons to win and 49ers v. Packers- my bet is on the Packers. 

Falcons, yes.  I'll take the 49ers though.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

I hate their nick-name, have you noticed Brian37 I never use it.  I hope they win, it's 8:54 no score yet but Romo has just been picked off for the second time.  St.Thomas of Brady rendered unto us true believers a 28 to 0 victory which allows the Patriots  a week off before getting their uniforms dirty.  Good luck to D.C. first nations.

btw I am part Mikmaq through dad and all the Mikmaq and Penobscot I know {meny} do not have red skin and don't effin' care for the word.  Why not the New York Darkies or worse yet the Nebraska Ni*****?  I do wish  them the best of luck  and a name change.

btw do you like trivia?   Can you name the starting quaterback who was replaced [do to injuries] by both Joe Theismann & Terry Bradshaw? 

I just understood right now what the trivia question meant. Holly shit you are stat nut.

But, for all reading this, make this thread your playoff and Super Bowl Predictions. NFC/AFC match ups plus the big dance/

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was born into a redskin

I was born into a redskin family, so I always want them to win. I hope they can go deeper into the playoffs more than one game. Dallas was a flawed team, but not the seahawks. Since it is a home game for us, I hope the fans scream more. They really were light this Dallas game.
The other team I root for is the Packers.
Will post later about what I think will happen, but off the top of my head I think Denver or NE will win the Superbowl.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hail Victory

List of Washington Redskins Seasons. If you are into stats. Click on the year to see the season games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Washington_Redskins_seasons

Since 1932 they have won 552 games and lost 527, tied 27. So overall they are winners even though it hasn't felt that way.  

My pick for the coming week

Sat Jan 5

AFC: 4:30pm Cin Bengals v Houston Texans   - Houston Wins

NFC: 8:00pm Min Vikings v Green Bay  - Green Bay Wins

Sun Jan 6

AFC 1:00pm Ind Colts v Balt Ravens  - Colts Win

NFC 4:30pm Seattle Seahawks v Washington Redskins - Washington Wins

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:List of

ex-minister wrote:

List of Washington Redskins Seasons. If you are into stats. Click on the year to see the season games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Washington_Redskins_seasons

Since 1932 they have won 552 games and lost 527, tied 27. So overall they are winners even though it hasn't felt that way.  

My pick for the coming week

Sat Jan 5

AFC: 4:30pm Cin Bengals v Houston Texans   - Houston Wins

NFC: 8:00pm Min Vikings v Green Bay  - Green Bay Wins

Sun Jan 6

AFC 1:00pm Ind Colts v Balt Ravens  - Colts Win

NFC 4:30pm Seattle Seahawks v Washington Redskins - Washington Wins

Mr Minister, didn't you say you are a Redskins fan? Wouldn't a bit of personal bias be creeping in? Not that I mind, and considering our unlikely end halfway through the season, I myself cannot count out a Redskins home win.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
RFF

yep, Redskin fan forever.  RFF

They will win....They will win...I mean... We will win...We will win (like I have anything to do with it)

If "we" cannot win this year I hope RG3 doesn't get hurt, cuz I know next We Will Win... We Will Win.

Religion Kills !!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: yep,

ex-minister wrote:

yep, Redskin fan forever.  RFF

They will win....They will win...I mean... We will win...We will win (like I have anything to do with it)

If "we" cannot win this year I hope RG3 doesn't get hurt, cuz I know next We Will Win... We Will Win.

He he he, I can understand the feeling, but lol, you almost sound like a theist. Being a fan is one thing, but don't worship them. If they lose they lose, I hope they dont, but that is life.

Since the reality of life is that it is a crap shoot, the only conclusion, outside of odds and likelyhood, the reality is that one team will win and one team will loose. I'll say a prayer to Hitchens for the Skins and you and all our loyal fans.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You say a prayer to

You say a prayer to Hitchens? Well I will say a prayer to Joe Pesci "cuz he seems like a guy who can get things done".

If they lose will you turn your avatar back to the facepalm one? I am liking the looks of your new one.

Religion Kills !!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: You say

ex-minister wrote:

You say a prayer to Hitchens? Well I will say a prayer to Joe Pesci "cuz he seems like a guy who can get things done".

If they lose will you turn your avatar back to the facepalm one? I am liking the looks of your new one.

No, I am keeping it even if they lose. They are a young team but for a first year QB and that team to go 10-6 winning 7 in a row to get into the playoffs is impressive.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well the Skins run comes to

Well the Skins run comes to an end, but really wtf were they thinking keeping RG3 in the game so long? It was pretty obvious that his injury was seriously hampering his performance both in his running and his throws. They pull him out and bring Cousins in at halftime and I think the game looks different.

Pretty ironic though that the rookie qb that the sports media pretty much ignored most of the year is the one making the deepest run in the playoffs while Luck and RG3 are going home.  

For next week I am sticking with my previous predictions. I am even more confident with the Pats after the Texans terrible play against the Bengals, the Broncos win by a large margin, the Falcons over the Seahawks and yes Brian, the Packers will beat the 49'ers. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
SPOILER ALERT - DON'T READ

SPOILER ALERT - DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHO WON THIS WEEKENDS NFL GAMES.

I got Saturdays games right and Sundays games wrong. 2-2

Why didn't the coaches put Cousins in in the second half. I cringed when I saw RG3 limp onto the field. After the first few minutes of the first quarter where the skins got 2 touchdowns, RG just did 3 and out. Cousins needed more time and when they finally had to put him in they didn't use Morris once. I believe they could have won, just badly coached.

Religion Kills !!!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Why didn't

ex-minister wrote:
Why didn't the coaches put Cousins in in the second half.

Because coaches are overpaid idiots?

I imagine RG3 kept telling them he could handle it, but when an injury reaches the point where it is easily visible they should have pulled him out for his own good and for the team. Putting RG3 at risk like that was simply stupid; you don't want to risk turning an injury that will heal in a month or two into something that will require surgery and might cause problems next year.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Well the

Beyond Saving wrote:

Well the Skins run comes to an end, but really wtf were they thinking keeping RG3 in the game so long? It was pretty obvious that his injury was seriously hampering his performance both in his running and his throws. They pull him out and bring Cousins in at halftime and I think the game looks different.

Pretty ironic though that the rookie qb that the sports media pretty much ignored most of the year is the one making the deepest run in the playoffs while Luck and RG3 are going home.  

For next week I am sticking with my previous predictions. I am even more confident with the Pats after the Texans terrible play against the Bengals, the Broncos win by a large margin, the Falcons over the Seahawks and yes Brian, the Packers will beat the 49'ers. 

I agree, looking back at it now. And our backup had done well too, so yea, and maybe it might have been better to not put him in at all.  I just hope this type of crap doesn't happen next year. We cant have him out every other game.

I'm taking the Seahawks next week against the Falcons.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:SPOILER

ex-minister wrote:
SPOILER ALERT - DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHO WON THIS WEEKENDS NFL GAMES. I got Saturdays games right and Sundays games wrong. 2-2 Why didn't the coaches put Cousins in in the second half. I cringed when I saw RG3 limp onto the field. After the first few minutes of the first quarter where the skins got 2 touchdowns, RG just did 3 and out. Cousins needed more time and when they finally had to put him in they didn't use Morris once. I believe they could have won, just badly coached.

The butler did it, he always does it.

If anyone is taking Vegas odds don't bet on my predictions, I got all 4 wrong this week.

But, Ex, if I start a Redskins petition to change those ugly yellow mustard uniforms and get back to the burgundy and white, would you sign it? Holly shit do they look like they need a Ronald McDonald sponsor patch on the back.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burgundy and white/yellow ?

Brian37 wrote:

But, Ex, if I start a Redskins petition to change those ugly yellow mustard uniforms and get back to the burgundy and white, would you sign it? Holly shit do they look like they need a Ronald McDonald sponsor patch on the back.

Mustard is my favorite condiment, just like my Dad's was. We used to make mustard sandwiches - white Wonder Bread and French's yellow mustard. Hate that poupon crap. He also loved taking white Wonder bread, pour milk and sugar on it and eat it for breakfast. I couldn't get into that. But I digress.

I hate to say I hadn't even noticed the change - doh. But Burgundy and White sounds right. What year did they do that?

The only change in uniform I hated was this years Pittsburgh's change to the 30s prison inmate colors. That was distracting. I sign a petition for them to never do that again. 

Religion Kills !!!

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
 My record stands at

My record stands at 2-2

Beyond 4-0

Brian37  0-4

AFC:Baltimore @ Denver                Saturday, Jan. 12 4:30 p.m.   CBS Denver will win

NFC:Green Bay @ San Francisco    Saturday, Jan.12 8 p.m           FOX Green Bay will win

NFC:Seattle @ Atlanta                   Sunday, Jan. 13 1 p.m.           FOX Atlanta will win 

AFC:Houston @ New England         Sunday, Jan. 13 4:30 p.m.       CBS New England will win

Religion Kills !!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Brian37

ex-minister wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Mustard is my favorite condiment, just like my Dad's was. We used to make mustard sandwiches - white Wonder Bread and French's yellow mustard. Hate that poupon crap. He also loved taking white Wonder bread, pour milk and sugar on it and eat it for breakfast. I couldn't get into that. But I digress.

I hate to say I hadn't even noticed the change - doh. But Burgundy and White sounds right. What year did they do that?

The only change in uniform I hated was this years Pittsburgh's change to the 30s prison inmate colors. That was distracting. I sign a petition for them to never do that again. 

It wasn't one year, it was a couple of decades they had either burgundy pants and white shirts, or away games they had burgundy shirts and white pants. This new yellow scheme is I guess Danny's masturbating over the glory days of when Vince Lombardy coached the Skins.

Mustard is a condiment, and the Skins are a football team, not a fucking hot dog vender. I hate their uniforms. I want them to go back to the uniforms they had in the 80s. This new crap is just butt fucking ugly. In reality I don't care as long as they win, but still, ugggggggggg!

And yea, that one Steeler's game I saw clips of that. Lol, they looked like they should have had shackles around their ankles with iron balls at the end of chains.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:If anyone is

Brian37 wrote:

If anyone is taking Vegas odds don't bet on my predictions, I got all 4 wrong this week.

I assume all of your posts are wrong until I agree with them .

Like this one 

Brian37 wrote:

Everyone doubts the Falcons because they are not leaders in any category, however they probably have the most well rounded team in the league which is why for the last several years they have been winning like crazy. Their only glaring weakness is they don't have a running game but Matt Ryan makes up for that. He doesn't get a lot of attention from the sports media either, but he is a top 5 qb that is often underrated. His completion percentage is only beaten by Peyton. His ypg exceed Peyton and is only beaten by the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Tony Romo. The only thing that really hurts his stats this year are his 14 interceptions- 5 of which all came in the same game, a victory against the Cardinals. 

Matt Ryan is going to chew up the Seahawks' defense and have a 300+ yard day. 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: My

ex-minister wrote:

My record stands at 2-2

Beyond 4-0

Brian37  0-4

AFC:Baltimore @ Denver                Saturday, Jan. 12 4:30 p.m.   CBS Denver will win

NFC:Green Bay @ San Francisco    Saturday, Jan.12 8 p.m           FOX Green Bay will win

NFC:Seattle @ Atlanta                   Sunday, Jan. 13 1 p.m.           FOX Atlanta will win 

AFC:Houston @ New England         Sunday, Jan. 13 4:30 p.m.       CBS New England will win

Well we are in perfect agreement for next week. We shall swim or sink together. I think the Packers vs 49'ers game should be the most entertaining. I can't wait 

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Buy a hotdog

Brian37 wrote:

It wasn't one year, it was a couple of decades they had either burgundy pants and white shirts, or away games they had burgundy shirts and white pants. This new yellow scheme is I guess Danny's masturbating over the glory days of when Vince Lombardy coached the Skins.

Mustard is a condiment, and the Skins are a football team, not a fucking hot dog vender. I hate their uniforms. I want them to go back to the uniforms they had in the 80s. This new crap is just butt fucking ugly. In reality I don't care as long as they win, but still, ugggggggggg!

And yea, that one Steeler's game I saw clips of that. Lol, they looked like they should have had shackles around their ankles with iron balls at the end of chains.

Could it be a marketing thing? Do they say you need to buy a hotdog?

Vote here shows more people like the new uniform.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/newlook/redskins/uniforms.html

Religion Kills !!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I assume all of your posts are wrong until I agree with them .

Like this one 

Brian37 wrote:

Everyone doubts the Falcons because they are not leaders in any category, however they probably have the most well rounded team in the league which is why for the last several years they have been winning like crazy. Their only glaring weakness is they don't have a running game but Matt Ryan makes up for that. He doesn't get a lot of attention from the sports media either, but he is a top 5 qb that is often underrated. His completion percentage is only beaten by Peyton. His ypg exceed Peyton and is only beaten by the likes of Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Tony Romo. The only thing that really hurts his stats this year are his 14 interceptions- 5 of which all came in the same game, a victory against the Cardinals. 

Matt Ryan is going to chew up the Seahawks' defense and have a 300+ yard day. 

Considering our history here, I will bet against you even if you told me the sun was not a god, so NEENER NEENER NEENER! *Waves fist*

I simply don't put too much weight on home field, over time although it leans that way, it still seems to be a crap shoot. Plus between the Panthers and Falcons, they screw me over as far as regular season viewing because I live outside Redskins viewing area and between the two and they take priority over the Skins during the regular season. So if I am going to go down in flames, I don't mind because it will be a finger in your eye just to spite you.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

ex-minister wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

And most people believe in an invisible friend too. It only proves that my fellow fans are bat shit insane. Danny must be putting something in the beer at the stadium.

That is nuts. The old one looks much better. Our team mascot should not be the black guy dressed up as an Indian, but a clown like Ronald McDonald with our new colors. YUCK!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:ex-minister

Brian37 wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

And most people believe in an invisible friend too. It only proves that my fellow fans are bat shit insane. Danny must be putting something in the beer at the stadium.

That is nuts. The old one looks much better. Our team mascot should not be the black guy dressed up as an Indian, but a clown like Ronald McDonald with our new colors. YUCK!

Well the Redskins are the most profitable team in the NFL despite their troubles until this year. Perhaps it is a marketing scheme to sell hotdogs, marketing is Snyder's field of expertise while football apparently is not. (I read an article somewhere that he took a hands off approach to the team this year, not sure how accurate it was or even where I read it.)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Well the Redskins are the most profitable team in the NFL despite their troubles until this year. Perhaps it is a marketing scheme to sell hotdogs, marketing is Snyder's field of expertise while football apparently is not. (I read an article somewhere that he took a hands off approach to the team this year, not sure how accurate it was or even where I read it.)

I don't care about profits, yea, make money. But damn those uniforms are like showing up to a 5 star restaurant in a clown suit. I think the old ones are much more classy. Ultimately winning, not the uniforms are what matter to me. I simply just don't get it. I'd vote republican before you'd get me to go out in public with one of those uniforms. Yuck.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I don't care

Brian37 wrote:

I don't care about profits, yea, make money. But damn those uniforms are like showing up to a 5 star restaurant in a clown suit. I think the old ones are much more classy. Ultimately winning, not the uniforms are what matter to me. I simply just don't get it. I'd vote republican before you'd get me to go out in public with one of those uniforms. Yuck.

Say they pay a few million bucks as a player, would you then wear the clown suit?

Religion Kills !!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

ex-minister wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Say they pay a few million bucks as a player, would you then wear the clown suit?

The point is moot since in reality I suck at sports. But even in a pretend, it would depend. If I could use that money to counter the crap the economic right sells in this country, I'd wear a plad uniform. But while money is needed to pay bills and we cant escape that, and there is nothing wrong with a little inequity, I cant see myself earning all that without some goal of doing good for others.

I'd wear a paisly suit if it meant the end of corporate welfare and big money monopolies on politics.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll give it a shot

I'm    2 - 2 for last weekend but I have no way to prove it.

For this week.

Baltimore @ Denver      ;     I'll pick the inspired Ravens over the Brancos.  Balt's vetern defence has a good track record against Manning and I don't see the week off helping the younger Denver team.

Green Bay @ San Francisco  ;   49'ers over the Packers.  San Fran is home and I'm betting the 49'ers pass defence is better then Green Bay's.

Seattle @ Atlanta      ;      Seahawk's.  I'm betting that Atlanta's record [like Houstons] is more hype then reality.  Wilson however gets very little hype and a whole lot of reality.

Houston  @  New England  ;   I stopped predicting Patriots results, long ago; it never turns out well.  You all know who I want;  and they probably will.  

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
WOW!!

49er's just beat Green Bay, big time.   It took a second overtime but Balt beat Payton by three.  That makes me 2 and 0 so far. I'm surprised! If this keeps up Atlanta and Houston should throw in the towel now. Hows your weekend going so far?

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Football not berry good to me

AFC:Baltimore @ Denver Saturday, Jan. 12 4:30 p.m.       CBS Denver will win

NFC:Green Bay @ San Francisco Saturday, Jan.12 8 p.m   FOX Green Bay will win

NFC:Seattle @ Atlanta Sunday, Jan. 13 1 p.m.                  FOX Atlanta will win

AFC:Houston @ New England Sunday, Jan. 13 4:30 p.m.   CBS New England will win

Good News and Bad News for me.

Smiling Saturday's games couldn't be any better. High scores and high suspense.

Sad I cannot believe I am 0-2 for Saturday's games

Religion Kills !!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister

ex-minister wrote:

AFC:Baltimore @ Denver Saturday, Jan. 12 4:30 p.m.       CBS Denver will win

NFC:Green Bay @ San Francisco Saturday, Jan.12 8 p.m   FOX Green Bay will win

NFC:Seattle @ Atlanta Sunday, Jan. 13 1 p.m.                  FOX Atlanta will win

AFC:Houston @ New England Sunday, Jan. 13 4:30 p.m.   CBS New England will win

Good News and Bad News for me.

Smiling Saturday's games couldn't be any better. High scores and high suspense.

Sad I cannot believe I am 0-2 for Saturday's games

Denver lost.

Green Bay lost

Looks like Atlanta will win(4th quarter and way ahead)

NE to play tonight.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

I'm    2 - 2 for last weekend but I have no way to prove it.

For this week.

Baltimore @ Denver      ;     I'll pick the inspired Ravens over the Brancos.  Balt's vetern defence has a good track record against Manning and I don't see the week off helping the younger Denver team.

Green Bay @ San Francisco  ;   49'ers over the Packers.  San Fran is home and I'm betting the 49'ers pass defence is better then Green Bay's.

Seattle @ Atlanta      ;      Seahawk's.  I'm betting that Atlanta's record [like Houstons] is more hype then reality.  Wilson however gets very little hype and a whole lot of reality.

Houston  @  New England  ;   I stopped predicting Patriots results, long ago; it never turns out well.  You all know who I want;  and they probably will.  

I finnished the weekend at 3 and 1.  There wasn't a dull game in the group.

Can San Francisco beat Atlanta?   I bet they can, after all somebody has to loose the next Super Bowl so I'm saying the 49er's.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
So same this weekend as last

So same this weekend as last for me. I picked losers on Saturday but winners on Sunday (hmmm... I was a Seventh Day Adventist, losers?)

So my record is now 4-4

Religion Kills !!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
San Fran v Atlanta, I am

San Fran v Atlanta, I am rooting for San Fran but if I am  correct this will be a home game for Atlanta, so that is a tossup.

And I am taking NE over Baltimore. The only kink in that may be Luis because it is his last season, but NE is the carbon copy of dynasty that the 9ers were with Montana.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well ended up 2-2 for the

Well ended up 2-2 for the weekend, so 6-2 total. Great games, but Denver deserved to lose. 2nd & 2 and you run the ball twice?!? With Peyton as qb? And then with 30 seconds and two timeouts in a tied game you don't even try? With that kind of conservative play you don't win big games.

I missed the 49ers v Packers because of poorly timed family drama, but from the highlights I have to say I was impressed. The 49ers v. Falcons should have very similar flavor to the Seahawks v. Falcons. I expect a shootout and will bet the Falcons because brian is always wrong.

For the Ravens v Pats I have to go Pats. Bellichek will not be conservative.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Well

Beyond Saving wrote:

Well ended up 2-2 for the weekend, so 6-2 total. Great games, but Denver deserved to lose. 2nd & 2 and you run the ball twice?!? With Peyton as qb? And then with 30 seconds and two timeouts in a tied game you don't even try? With that kind of conservative play you don't win big games.

I missed the 49ers v Packers because of poorly timed family drama, but from the highlights I have to say I was impressed. The 49ers v. Falcons should have very similar flavor to the Seahawks v. Falcons. I expect a shootout and will bet the Falcons because brian is always wrong.

For the Ravens v Pats I have to go Pats. Bellichek will not be conservative.

Pats should win baring any type of flukes. I think Atlanta will win even though I want the 9ers to win.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:So same

ex-minister wrote:
So same this weekend as last for me. I picked losers on Saturday but winners on Sunday (hmmm... I was a Seventh Day Adventist, losers?) So my record is now 4-4

San Fran @ Atlanta - Atlanta will win
Balt @ NE - NE will win

Religion Kills !!!

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister

ex-minister wrote:

ex-minister wrote:
So same this weekend as last for me. I picked losers on Saturday but winners on Sunday (hmmm... I was a Seventh Day Adventist, losers?) So my record is now 4-4

Balt @ NE - NE will win

Well, even though I am 4-6 that was fun. It made it more exciting then I could imagine.

We now know Coach Harbaugh's team will win the SuperBowl. You can count on that one.

I pick Baltimore. San Fran just looked a little green to me. Balt is a more mature team.

Unless the brothers got some deal going. Eye-wink

Religion Kills !!!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister

ex-minister wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

ex-minister wrote:

Balt @ NE - NE will win

Well, even though I am 4-6 that was fun. It made it more exciting then I could imagine.

We now know Coach Harbaugh's team will win the SuperBowl. You can count on that one.

I pick Baltimore. San Fran just looked a little green to me. Balt is a more mature team.

Unless the brothers got some deal going. Eye-wink

Yeah today kind of hurt my record, down to 6-4. I have to go with the 49ers because I hate the Ravens. There were some epic games this playoff season though, sad that it is over. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Edmonton wins their first

Edmonton wins their first game!

Oops... wrong thread...

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Edmonton wins

Vastet wrote:
Edmonton wins their first game! Oops... wrong thread...

I don't watch hockey anymore because those corporate goons are not happy with the adds on the boards they now have them under the ice. Too much now for me. Otherwise I would root for the Capitals(also known as the crapitals)