GET OUT THE VOTE!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
GET OUT THE VOTE!

GET OUT THE VOTE!

Romney's money machine and Obama's lack luster 1st debate are combining to erode Obama's lead. If you are voting for Obama do not let the early voting polls fool you. It is now too close to call and we cannot afford to turn back the clock on the economy and women's rights.

To my liberal theist friends, this affects us all espcially women. All of us need to make every effort we can to vote and to post EVERY SINGLE DAY ON EVERY LOCAL AND NATIONAL MEDIA WEBSITE. You don't have to spend hours, but just make posts at your favorite media or facebook or twitter sites.

This is way too important and I do not want Bush on Steroids for 4 years much less one Day.

VOTE AND POST POST POST, donate time too, whatever you can. Every voice counts

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree. Every one who likes

I agree. Every one who likes Obama needs to go out and vote!

Every one who likes Romney... don't vote. He doesn't need your votes. He already won.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Every one who likes Romney... don't vote. He doesn't need your votes. He already won.

Says who? It isn't Nov 6th yet.

Anyone who IS voting for Obama, hit the websites of of media in all the swing states, their message boards and their twitter and facebook pages.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Says who? It isn't Nov 6th yet.

Anyone who IS voting for Obama, hit the websites of of media in all the swing states, their message boards and their twitter and facebook pages.

I'm really bothered by the amount of blatant lying the Romney camp/supporters are doing. They are using fear and misinformation.

I k now Obama is not perfect. He's gotten stuff wrong, but he isn't going around and telling these huge fish tales about Romney. He tends to be more factual and more precise on his statements.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Well, Tagg does own the voting machines in Ohio (and possibly other states).

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

jcgadfly wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Well, Tagg does own the voting machines in Ohio (and possibly other states).

I was fearful of this...

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zomney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6TiXUF9xbTo#!

Like the last line "Hmmmm....Spam has its own key"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6TiXUF9xbTo#!

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bad Lip Reading Of The First Debate

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Bump, to all reading this

Bump, to all reading this especially in the swing states, this is as important in history as ever. For the past 10 years republicans have obstructed and sold the "your on your own " crap. This disaster has proven that there always comes a point where class DOES NOT and should not matter, just like Pearl Harbor when class and politics should not matter.

It never should take a disaster to know that investment moves all of us up and forward. We have a 20 century electric grid. Outdated highway systems in decaying roads and bridges. And bad bilding codes that do not help withstand storms like this.

With all the people out of work I get fucking tired of the bullshit that people should starve to death when there is pleanty of work to be done.  When the third party and republican idiots claim that the workers are lazy I want to know who is actually going to do the PHYSICAL WORK not just the investment now? WHO. Is Trump going to get his hands dirty in NJ or NY? Or is it going to be the construction worker, the laboror, the rescue worker, the bricklayer?

The top needs the worker now and there is no escape from it now, so stop pulling the greed crap and stop thinking one class is the only class that matters.

NOW MORE THAN EVER we need Obama, we need someone who knows that it takes all of us. SO IF YOU ARE an Obama supporter in a swing state, do whatever you can and talk to everyone you can. Our country needs investment now more than ever. If Romney wins the race to the bottom will continue. We cannot afford 4 or 8 more years of stagnant wages and exploding pay gap and exploding cost of living.

WE MATTER and Cooporate America needs to grow the fuck up and stop crying like babies when their workers are hurting.

OBAMA SUPPORTERS LETS PUT ROMNEY IN HIS PLACE AND BACK IN BOCA FLA where he needs to be with his narcissistic supporters.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
BUMP. To Obama supporters,

BUMP.

To Obama supporters, in every spare minute you get, post on line on all swing state media messageboards. From now until november 6th.

When they claim business hates Obama, he has the endorsement of STARBUCKS. When they say business hates Obama tell them independent business owner and Mayor of NYC Bloomburg is indorsing Obama. When they say he put GM IN bankrupsy, the CEOs were thankful for the bail out and chastized Romney for his lie that they were going to ship jobs to China.

Romeny will do everything and say anything to win even if it is an outright lie. He is Nixon on steroids and cannot be trusted one bit to run our country.

This is beyond politics at this point. Our future will be either one where we build and invest, or one of more extractionism and lower wages. Romney will simply give the bullies more power and the working class will slide down further.

POST POST POST POST POST tell other Obama supporters to do the same, every voice counts and every vote counts.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
BUMP. To Obama supporters,

BUMP.

To Obama supporters, in every spare minute you get, post on line on all swing state media messageboards. From now until november 6th.

When they claim business hates Obama, he has the endorsement of STARBUCKS. When they say business hates Obama tell them independent business owner and Mayor of NYC Bloomburg is indorsing Obama. When they say he put GM IN bankrupsy, the CEOs were thankful for the bail out and chastized Romney for his lie that they were going to ship jobs to China.

Romeny will do everything and say anything to win even if it is an outright lie. He is Nixon on steroids and cannot be trusted one bit to run our country.

This is beyond politics at this point. Our future will be either one where we build and invest, or one of more extractionism and lower wages. Romney will simply give the bullies more power and the working class will slide down further.

POST POST POST POST POST tell other Obama supporters to do the same, every voice counts and every vote counts.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:BUMP. To

Brian37 wrote:

BUMP.

Of course big corporations support Obama, they know they can bankrupt their companies and they will get rich from being bailed out. Who wouldn't love to know they will be millionaires even if they are completely incompetent? I don't believe that executives that bankrupt their companies should be rewarded with a lot of money, do you?

Nixon on steroids? Are you aware of Nixon's economic policies? He never focused much on the economy, but when he did, he instituted price and wage controls, created the EPA, OSHA and created a host of environmental regulations. Nixon was a self professed Keynesian and believed in using the federal government to control the economy. Once again you pay more attention to the letter before the name than you do the politicians actual actions. Or are you saying that Romney will impose price controls and have a keynesian economic policy? 

And exactly which CEO did you see running around being thankful for the bailout? Just curious because if you are referring to Dan Akerson who I have seen running around praising Obama, of course he is, he got his job and is making over $7 million a year because of the bailout. Or was it one of the other CEO's? There have been 3 or 4 of them since Bama bought the company. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Of

Beyond Saving wrote:
Of course big corporations support Obama, they know they can bankrupt their companies and they will get rich from being bailed out. Who wouldn't love to know they will be millionaires even if they are completely incompetent? I don't believe that executives that bankrupt their companies should be rewarded with a lot of money, do you?

Doh!

Bush is the one who started the bailouts. It was a Republican idea. Also, not a bad idea considering what would have happened if they would have gone completely under?

Yeah I agree with the assessment that they needed to get their asses handed to them for screwing around and wasting money. The car industry lost touch with the people and what they wanted, they continued for a decade or more putting out crappy cars which had crappy gas mileage.

Still, Bush and Obama were correct in doing what they did...

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Beyond

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Doh!

Bush is the one who started the bailouts. It was a Republican idea. Also, not a bad idea considering what would have happened if they would have gone completely under?

Have I ever given any indication that I supported Bush's economic policies? Precisely the problem with Obama is he basically cut and pasted Bush's policies and made them bigger. Which makes me wonder why all of the people who rightly criticize Bush for his economic policies turn around and defend Obama for doing the same thing. I've said it before, I will say it again- Bush was one of the worst presidents we have ever had, then Obama came along and doubled down on a 16.  

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Yeah I agree with the assessment that they needed to get their asses handed to them for screwing around and wasting money. The car industry lost touch with the people and what they wanted, they continued for a decade or more putting out crappy cars which had crappy gas mileage.

Still, Bush and Obama were correct in doing what they did...

WTF???? How can those two sentences follow each other? You agree they should have failed but you agree we should bail them out to prevent them from failing?!?!? And what is GM doing? Going down the same road. The company will have to go bankrupt again in another decade or two. Despite large profits the company continues to have structural problems that are going to bite them in the ass in the future, which is why their stock price remains extremely depressed for a company that produces that kind of revenue.  

Can you explain to me exactly what our country gained for bailing them out?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond, cut the crap. A big

Beyond, cut the crap. A big swath of the eastern seaboard looks like a war zone, being a business owner yourself, I doubt very seriously you'd be able to convince those business owners in NJ and NY to reject government help.

Now here is the idiotic crap you miss. Even if they have enough insurance coverage and back up money for what their private insurance does not cover, THEY ARE NOT the only ones affected. Most businesses rely on the customers who are the middle class and working poor. THOSE people were affected too, and even if those businesses rebuild their customers will be affected too which will affect them as well.

Unlike you I don't think we ditch them and say fuck you. You are so stuck on the idea that nothing you do affects others.

Otherwise if the simple solution to everything is "do it on your own" I defy you to tell your fellow business owners in the affected states to reject any government help.

Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
User is offlineOffline
For Idiots like Brian37 who obviously cannot Read

Beyond Saving wrote Here wrote:
Did I say anywhere that we shouldn't help them out? Did I say anywhere "fuck em, let'em die"? Have I said anywhere "poor poor me"?!?!?!? Nice field of straw men.

As for the actual funding I have no problem using tax dollars, nor do I know anyone else who does and I hang around quite a few anti-government types.

The difference is that relieving people trying to recover from a large natural disaster is worth taking a loss for, padding the pockets of DC's butt buddies is not.

The federal government is very good at throwing vast amounts of money at a problem. With its taxing power it is very sensible that it be considered an effective option to get large amounts of money to people who are devastated by a natural disaster.

Maybe you could try actually responding to what Beyond Saving says instead of yelling at your imaginary Punching Bag?  Maybe?

Eh, I won't hold my breathe. 

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:WTF????

Beyond Saving wrote:

WTF???? How can those two sentences follow each other? You agree they should have failed but you agree we should bail them out to prevent them from failing?!?!? And what is GM doing? Going down the same road. The company will have to go bankrupt again in another decade or two. Despite large profits the company continues to have structural problems that are going to bite them in the ass in the future, which is why their stock price remains extremely depressed for a company that produces that kind of revenue.  

Can you explain to me exactly what our country gained for bailing them out?

1 - What happens if the auto makers don't get a bail out?

2 - What happens if the auto makers do get a bail out?

I don't like the bail out but it was needed.

I don't like the bank bail out, I don't think it was needed.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
3 Days left, OBAMA

3 Days left, OBAMA supporters please hit all the swing state media in FLA VA OH CO NH. Hit their tv radio and newspaper messageboards.

Remind them that Romney lied about GM shipping jobs to China. Remind them that their CEO chastized him for that lie. Remind them that Romney has 17 Bush advisors on his team. Romney is Bush 2.0. We cannot afford more of Bush on steriods.

GET ON THE WEB POST POST POST, WE MUST AND CAN DEFEAT ROMNEY

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:1 -

digitalbeachbum wrote:

1 - What happens if the auto makers don't get a bail out?

Most likely they shut down a few plants and eliminate a few costs until their balance sheets look attractive enough to get private loans while they go through bankruptcy. They go through bankruptcy court like they did and their debt is restructured. The main difference would be that the US government wouldn't own any stock, instead someone like Warren Buffet would own it.

Absolute worst case scenario is that no matter how much they cut costs there is no private entity willing to provide them enough cash to operate through bankruptcy and the entire company has to liquidate. That means every asset they have goes up for sale. Most likely the main brands of GM are purchased like GMC and Chevrolet while the smaller brands like Pontiac and Saturn would have simply been shut down and the factories closed (like they are now). Ford ends up a little bit poorer in the deal because they don't get run around bragging about how they didn't accept government money- which was an extremely profitable advertising campaign that saved them from bankruptcy. The CEO of Ford has also stated that he feared GM going under would disrupt his supply chain since they use many of the same vendors. So having to find new vendors, not having that juicy advertising campaign, it is possible that GM liquidating would have led to Ford going through bankruptcy. There is no way Ford would be forced to liquidate, the executives at Ford would have been fired, the company would have gone through bankruptcy and the current owners would find their stock watered down and new people would own a stake in the company.

In the worst case, Chrysler would have been sold, probably to Fiat, perhaps to someone else just like it was.  

digitalbeachbum wrote:

2 - What happens if the auto makers do get a bail out?

GM goes through bankruptcy, Chrysler is sold to Fiat, GM closes down its minor divisions after attempting to sell them, closes several of their dealerships and several of their factories. The government becomes the major stock holder of GM and the president hand picks the CEO. The stock market price crashes and for some reason our government continues to hold on to 500,000,000 shares of GM stock, even though it is apparent that the company is going to have to go through bankruptcy again. GM is continuing to lose market share and has yet to deal with its core problem of promising its employees more money than it has. In my mind it isn't so much a question of if but a question of when GM is not going to have the cash to pay their obligations and judging by the stock price, most investors agree with me. So when GM finds itself in the exact same position, are we going to bail them out again? 

GM is a failing company. Its products are becoming lower quality for a company that was known for its quality and while lowering quality it has maintained high prices because its costs for producing cars is astronomically high compared to their competitors. Their business model is unsound and either they have to change it dramatically like Ford did, or they should cease existing which would open up the market for smaller car companies to become big. (Perhaps GM liquidating would open an opportunity for one of the green car companies we have loaned billions to like Fisker or Tesla to open a plant here in the US) It isn't the end of the world when a company fails. Large companies failing is what allows new companies that are being ran better to grow their market share and become the next big thing.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
To Obama supporters, hit

To Obama supporters, hit FLA, VA , CO NH AND ALL THE SWING STATES major media messageboards, only three days left.

Romney must be defeted.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:To Obama

Brian37 wrote:

To Obama supporters, hit FLA, VA , CO NH AND ALL THE SWING STATES major media messageboards, only three days left.

Romney must be defeted.

Ah OH is missing from the list. Glad you agree with me that OH is now a lost cause for the Bama. I should say that VA and CO are lost causes as well. Small chance in FL and I can never accurately predict NH but NH isn't going to matter anyway (only 4 evs). You should probably be worrying about PA, WI and IA, those are some pretty serious evs that should be on the Bama side but are looking increasingly likely to tilt for Mittens. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Romney must be defeted.

Ah OH is missing from the list. Glad you agree with me that OH is now a lost cause for the Bama. I should say that VA and CO are lost causes as well. Small chance in FL and I can never accurately predict NH but NH isn't going to matter anyway (only 4 evs). You should probably be worrying about PA, WI and IA, those are some pretty serious evs that should be on the Bama side but are looking increasingly likely to tilt for Mittens. 

I don't know what polls your watching but he is UP BY 5 in Ohio and up by 2 in FLA.

Your problem is that the polls you are watching are right wing leaning polls. The polls I am watching average out SEVERAL POLLS. Stop watching Fux News. Another reason folks, to destroy Romney. His supporters like cooking books. "BUT BRIAN I HATE ROMNEY TOO", yea you do, but when you hit that booth you'll vote for that cooporate suck up.

Lies about Jeep and you think Ohio is going to Romney? Must be some good shit you are smoking.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I don't know

Brian37 wrote:

I don't know what polls your watching but he is UP BY 5 in Ohio and up by 2 in FLA.

Your problem is that the polls you are watching are right wing leaning polls. The polls I am watching average out SEVERAL POLLS. Stop watching Fux News. Another reason folks, to destroy Romney. His supporters like cooking books. "BUT BRIAN I HATE ROMNEY TOO", yea you do, but when you hit that booth you'll vote for that cooporate suck up.

Lies about Jeep and you think Ohio is going to Romney? Must be some good shit you are smoking.

My predictions are based upon analyzing the internal numbers of the polls, my preferred poll to watch is Rasmussen as they have the most accurate historical record although I like Gallup because they provide a lot of internal data. The polls in Ohio that show Obama ahead are assuming that the democrat/republican ratio is going to be identical to last election. It isn't, and early voting statistics support that republican areas are having a much higher turnout than democrat areas. Republicans are simply much more motivated to turn out and vote this year and republican turnout is going to be higher than it was in 2008, while democrat turnout is lower. When you factor in likely voter turnout away from the absurd assumptions of +6 to +8 advantage for the democrats and a much more likely scenario of +2 to +4 advantage for the d's and Obama's lead disappears. When you look at the questions where they ask how likely a person is to vote Romney holds a consistent lead among those who say they "definitely" will vote. That enthusiasm is what will tip the scales for Romney in many of the swing states.   

No, I didn't vote for Romney, I already voted and cast my vote for Gary Johnson. My prediction is based solely on my OCD when it comes to numbers and my gambling habit. And yes, I only smoke really good shit but its been a good 16 hours. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Quote:RasmussenYea, well um

Quote:
Rasmussen

Yea, well um they are the right arm of FUX NEWS so we can definately trust them.

So all the other media polls who have him up are wrong.

6 polls just out today in those swing states are all saying the same thing. 6 not one,

I simply think you don't want to look at all the others when the outcome doesn't suit you.

Now when Obama wins are you going to blame it on the electoral college and media conspiracy like a JFK grassy knoller? "IT CANT BE IT CANT BE"

"Internal polling" I love that buzz word. My math works because it is magic.

You would have a much better case if all the other polls of all the other media were in the same range, which they are not. So the polls are showing accurate data.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
Rasmussen

Yea, well um they are the right arm of FUX NEWS so we can definately trust them.

Yes they do contract work for the republican party, but they are also usually the closest in predicting actual election results. They make their money by being right and accurate predictions allow them to charge extra. You can try to play guilt by association all you want but the reality is that it doesn't matter.

Brian37 wrote:

So all the other media polls who have him up are wrong.

6 polls just out today in those swing states are all saying the same thing. 6 not one,

There is also a poll in FL that has Romney up 6 points. I don't think it is going to be anywhere near that large of a victory for him. Yes, *gasp* polls are often wrong especially when they are done by small state polling firms. Generally, a poll is a waste of time unless it is done by a reputable polling firm. I trust Rasmussen and Gallup because they are the most accurate and have the resources to collect sufficient samples and the expertise to minimize the bias of their polls. 

Brian37 wrote:

I simply think you don't want to look at all the others when the outcome doesn't suit you.

Think what you want. On Tuesday I will be either right or wrong. I see no point in searching polls looking for a desired outcome. Unless it is accurate a poll is useless. Four years ago I predicted Bama, this year I predict Mittens.  

Brian37 wrote:

Now when Obama wins are you going to blame it on the electoral college and media conspiracy like a JFK grassy knoller? "IT CANT BE IT CANT BE"

No, I will simply be very surprised. 

Brian37 wrote:

"Internal polling" I love that buzz word. My math works because it is magic.

The internals are the only important part of polls and I guarantee that every campaign out there is analyzing the internals up, down and sideways and give far more importance to them than the external number. The number is pretty much only useful for journalists to write headlines. Attempting to predict an election based solely on the reported numbers would be like trying to predict a football game solely by looking at the final score in their last game. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
So now polls are useless? Or

So now polls are useless? Or only when they are not the pollers you use?

I have been looking at several poll maps, not just one, all of them give or take a couple point or a state, but the polls ARE reflecting an Obama win when you average them out.

You are the one data mining, not me.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-s

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-seems-early-vote-lead-key-states-204705391--election.html

Also...

http://news.yahoo.com/obamas-approval-rises-superstorm-sandys-wake-011242429--politics.html

I bet god wanted Obama to win. God knows that Mormons are a cult and that Mitt is a fucking douchebag.

Romney's image, meanwhile, improved in Ohio following the first debate, but the last three live caller polls in the state have shown he is viewed unfavorably by 48 percent of likely voters. Two of those polls were from the New York Times/CBS News and the third from the NBC News/Marist College partnership. Romney has been buoyed by Republican-leaning Rasmussen and partisan polls, improving his overall standing, but among the media-sponsored numbers, he is yet to bring the negative personal rating down further.

http://core.talkingpointsmemo.com/election/scoreboard

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
OBAMA SUPPORTERS IN THE

OBAMA SUPPORTERS IN THE SWING STATES DO YOUR PART, VOTE, AND POST POST POST TODAY AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

WE CANNOT AFFORD BUSH ON STEROIDS. REMIND PEOPLE THAT ROMNEY LIED ABOUT JEEP AND HAS 17 BUSH ADVISORS ON HIS TEAM.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
WHY HASN'T THIS STORY GOTTEN

WHY HASN'T THIS STORY GOTTEN MORE PRESS?

ROMNEY DOGES 100 MIL IN TAXES  http://electoral-vote.com/   scroll down for full story.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:WHY HASN'T

Brian37 wrote:

ROMNEY DOGES 100 MIL IN TAXES  http://electoral-vote.com/   scroll down for full story.

Remember who runs the media - rich guys protecting their own.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

404 error

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Don't know why that link

Don't know why that link didn't work. It worked when I clicked on it. Admittedly though my XP has been knocked back in time so that might have something to do with it.

IN ANY CASE FOLKS, do what you can last night to do so. POST POST POST IN THE SWING STATE MEDIA MESSAGE BOARDS. OBAMA MUST DEFEAT ROMNEY. WE CANNOT AFFORD BUSH ON STEROIDS.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:

Because it isn't news.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bain-capitals-dutch-tax-plan-2012-11

Imagine that, businesses like to register and do business in the Netherlands because they have no capital gains tax. Shocking. However, that money is still subject to taxation if it is repatriated (brought back to the US to say buy a yacht). If we eliminated the capital gains tax here in the US all sorts of foreign money would flow here to do the same thing. It really isn't any different than the large number of wealthy people who move to states like Florida to avoid the personal income tax. When you are dealing with millions and billions, a few percent tax makes a big difference and tax rates have an effect on the decisions that people with a lot of money make. The technique is neither rare nor illegal, it isn't even shady. Apple, Google and most international investment companies do the same thing- including your pal Warren Buffett. It is also one of the reasons why despite having similar financial problems in their banks with the recession and being heavily impacted by a drop in trade, the Netherlands continues to have low unemployment (under 6%) and continues to have a healthy rate of investment, while at the same time funding all the social welfare programs you want.  

If you want people to invest, lower the taxes on investing. The Netherlands figured that out and now Americans whine because people invest there and incorporate there. Rather than whining about how unfair it is that the Netherlands attracts investors, why don't we learn from what they are doing that is working?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
You fell for the bait

You fell for the bait too.

This isn't about hating his wealth. This is about the CLIMATE Romney is owned by and feeds into. This is the same "fuck you I got mine" climate that lead to the great depression and caused this recent great recession.

There is a HUGE difference between legal and moral, and when you pump money into politics and own the politicians you write the rules that EXTRACT from the economy, not build it.

Women were legally prevented from voting at one point. Blacks were forced to use separate schools and bathrooms because LAWS were on the books.

You again stupidly think that what you do or he does does not affect others. Romney is like the idiot farmer who over tills the feild and then blames the pickers for his own lack of care. If idiots like Romney were the majority of business owners during WW2 "fuck you I got mine" we'd be speaking German right now.

No one likes paying taxes DUH, but gaming the system so that you simply extract it from the economy without doing a fucking thing to invest you are the mooch. Romney masturbates over the Chinese sweat shop model of business. The business owners of WW2  and the businesses that built our highway system and electric grid, were the ethical ones. Romney is nothing more than a con artist and pick pocket.

He lied about Jeep and even the CEOs admonished him. He condemned FEMA and now is suddenly silent because bad daddy government is going to help out business owners.

You are on the wrong side of history and the wrong side of economic ethics and ROMNEY needs to be defeated.

SO TO THE OBAMA SUPPORTERS POST POST POST and VOTE TOMORROW!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Because it isn't news.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bain-capitals-dutch-tax-plan-2012-11

Imagine that, businesses like to register and do business in the Netherlands because they have no capital gains tax. Shocking. However, that money is still subject to taxation if it is repatriated (brought back to the US to say buy a yacht). If we eliminated the capital gains tax here in the US all sorts of foreign money would flow here to do the same thing. It really isn't any different than the large number of wealthy people who move to states like Florida to avoid the personal income tax. When you are dealing with millions and billions, a few percent tax makes a big difference and tax rates have an effect on the decisions that people with a lot of money make. The technique is neither rare nor illegal, it isn't even shady. Apple, Google and most international investment companies do the same thing- including your pal Warren Buffett. It is also one of the reasons why despite having similar financial problems in their banks with the recession and being heavily impacted by a drop in trade, the Netherlands continues to have low unemployment (under 6%) and continues to have a healthy rate of investment, while at the same time funding all the social welfare programs you want.  

If you want people to invest, lower the taxes on investing. The Netherlands figured that out and now Americans whine because people invest there and incorporate there. Rather than whining about how unfair it is that the Netherlands attracts investors, why don't we learn from what they are doing that is working?

"If you want them to invest lower their taxes" HA what a joke, and the evidence is in on that already. You just hypocriticaly said that the rich will always hide money to avoid taxes. So all this amounts to is the bratty child knocking over the checkers board when others take notice of the rigged game.

30 years dude, 30 years of lower taxes, 30 years of manufacturing dissapearing. 30 years of stagnant wages and a falling middle and poor class. Not buying it.

"You go first" game of chicken is childish. NO we've taken the beating and it is time YOU go first and your class proves they care. But no way no how do you own this country and as long as I have the right to vote, I will fight to keep abuse and monopolies out of control.

Nick Hanour says people like me create the demand that force people like you to hire more people. You ignore all the economic experts who dissagree with you. Considering our current climate there is no way I would trust that vulture capitalist with our highest office.

And if lower taxes work elsewhere you also have less inequity and more direct investment in the worker and low health care costs and higher education rates. FIRST YOU FIX THINGS then and only when things are fixed should you consider lowering taxes. We need investment RIGHT NOW and if you wont do it yourself WE the voters will do it for you.

Romney can afford it, but like the child that doesn't get what he wants, he screams in the middle of the store for the candy bar.

OBAMA SUPPORTERS VOTE, LETS PUT ROMNEY IN HIS PLACE!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You fell for

Brian37 wrote:

You fell for the bait too.

This isn't about hating his wealth. This is about the CLIMATE Romney is owned by and feeds into. This is the same "fuck you I got mine" climate that lead to the great depression and caused this recent great recession.

There is a HUGE difference between legal and moral, and when you pump money into politics and own the politicians you write the rules that EXTRACT from the economy, not build it.

Women were legally prevented from voting at one point. Blacks were forced to use separate schools and bathrooms because LAWS were on the books.

You again stupidly think that what you do or he does does not affect others. Romney is like the idiot farmer who over tills the feild and then blames the pickers for his own lack of care. If idiots like Romney were the majority of business owners during WW2 "fuck you I got mine" we'd be speaking German right now.

No one likes paying taxes DUH, but gaming the system so that you simply extract it from the economy without doing a fucking thing to invest you are the mooch. Romney masturbates over the Chinese sweat shop model of business. The business owners of WW2  and the businesses that built our highway system and electric grid, were the ethical ones. Romney is nothing more than a con artist and pick pocket.

He lied about Jeep and even the CEOs admonished him. He condemned FEMA and now is suddenly silent because bad daddy government is going to help out business owners.

You are on the wrong side of history and the wrong side of economic ethics and ROMNEY needs to be defeated.

SO TO THE OBAMA SUPPORTERS POST POST POST and VOTE TOMORROW!

What do voting rights for anyone have to do with the issue? Investors in WW2 did the same thing, as did investors during the progressive era, the gilded age, the civil war and before the revolution. Investors consider the relative taxes before they make an investment, it is simply common sense. If you can invest a billion in one place and keep all the profit and invest a billion in another but pay $100 million in taxes- if the expected returns are identical it only makes sense to invest where you can keep the extra $100 million.

For a firm like Bain that is investing for other people rather than their own money, I should say they have a moral obligation (if not a fiduciary duty (fiduciary duty means that you have a legal obligation to make what you believe is the best financial choice for your client)) to their clients to get the most profitable investments possible, tax burden included. It is precisely because Goldman Sachs was advising their investors to make less profitable investments while using their personal money to invest on the opposite bet that led to them facing several lawsuits and losing a lot of credibility among high dollar investors. Investing in the USA simply to be patriotic is fine, but you have to accept that when foreign investments are more profitable, some people are going to invest in them over US options.

Brian37 wrote:

"If you want them to invest lower their taxes" HA what a joke, and the evidence is in on that already. You just hypocriticaly said that the rich will always hide money to avoid taxes. So all this amounts to is the bratty child knocking over the checkers board when others take notice of the rigged game.

The rich, the middle class- anyone with money to invest is going to invest where they can get the best return on their capital. You are the one being a bratty child because the Netherlands have offered a better deal than the US and so they attract more people. You are throwing a fit because the person next to you in the bakesale is offering warm homemade chocolate chip cookies and you are offering stale dollar store cookies and now you throw a fit because the kid next to you is selling more cookies. 

I know you aren't planning for your own retirement and are going to mooch off of all of us but for those who don't want to be in poverty in their old age and they sit down with someone to plan their retirement investments- they damn well better make sure their adviser discusses the tax implications of their different options. If an adviser fails to do so they are incompetent and in most states are opening themselves up to a lawsuit and losing their license. And yes, if one option leads to a 15% lower tax rate, that makes it more attractive. Of course, investing overseas comes with its own risks and expenses.

Brian37 wrote:

30 years dude, 30 years of lower taxes, 30 years of manufacturing dissapearing. 30 years of stagnant wages and a falling middle and poor class. Not buying it.

Taxes haven't been lower for 30 years, manufacturing hasn't been disappearing for 30 years (before the recent recession we manufactured more than we ever had in the past, we have done so with less people because we have nifty things called machines that allow a single person to do what was once done with four, in fact right now we produce twice as much as we did in the 1970's recession and all), wages have not been stagnant for 30 years (wages falling is a new phenomenon in the US brought to you courtesy of the bailers in chiefs GWB and BHO). Average income 30 years ago was a little over $20,000 adjusted for inflation to 2011 levels. In 2011 it was 27,554. IOW the average person is making about 37% more than they would have if they lived 30 years ago, which isn't that hard to notice just look at the technology that most people have now that was unobtainable for anyone but the wealthy 30 years ago. If you think the average Joe Sixpack had a more comfortable life 30 years ago you are suffering from a severe case of nostalgia dementia. 

Brian37 wrote:

"You go first" game of chicken is childish. NO we've taken the beating and it is time YOU go first and your class proves they care. But no way no how do you own this country and as long as I have the right to vote, I will fight to keep abuse and monopolies out of control.

And if I choose that investing overseas is more profitable because of taxes or excessive regulation I will send my money there. Are you going to use your vote to outlaw investing in other countries by US citizens? 

Brian37 wrote:

Nick Hanour says people like me create the demand that force people like you to hire more people. You ignore all the economic experts who dissagree with you. Considering our current climate there is no way I would trust that vulture capitalist with our highest office.

People in other countries have demands too. Are you saying that only American demand matters? Fuck everyone else in the world?

Brian37 wrote:

And if lower taxes work elsewhere you also have less inequity and more direct investment in the worker and low health care costs and higher education rates. FIRST YOU FIX THINGS then and only when things are fixed should you consider lowering taxes. We need investment RIGHT NOW and if you wont do it yourself WE the voters will do it for you.

You are going to invest for me? How? Are you going to come and seize my bank account? 

Brian37 wrote:

Romney can afford it, but like the child that doesn't get what he wants, he screams in the middle of the store for the candy bar.

He didn't scream about it, he simply went where he believed he could get his clients the best return on their money- which was his fucking job description. His job wasn't to decide what was the most moral investment or what investment was the most patriotic (although I fail to see what is so immoral about investing in the Dutch or why you are such a fucking racist to the Dutch, I think the Dutch are fine folk and deserve investment and investment related jobs), his job was to make his clients money and by all indications he performed his job exceedingly well. 

Using your logic, if you drive by two gas stations one a Flying J (american owned) selling gas for $4.02 and one a Shell (Dutch owned) selling gas for $3.50 filling up at the Flying J is more moral because it is an american company. Somehow I bet that in practice you fill up at the Shell station even if the price difference is only 2 cents. I don't see investing in the US any more or less moral than investing in any other country. I don't discriminate based on nationality. I do find it ironic that in recent history it has been the right wing running around pounding their chests and waving their flags with uber patriotism shouting "BUY AMERICAN" and now it is the left wing doing so. In general, I think uber patriotism is unhealthy.

If I want to attract someone to invest with me on a new enterprise I am going to appeal to them by pointing out why the new enterprise will be personally profitable to them. It is absolutely abhorrent to me to expect someone else to invest in you when you know that you are not a profitable investment. Why, I should say that convincing someone to invest in you when you know they would be better off personally investing in someone else is immoral. Take Solyndra for example, those people KNEW that investing in the company was going to be a loss, yet they still petitioned the US government to give them a massive investment. To me that is very immoral and borderline criminal.

On a national level, if you want to encourage the wealthy to invest, be they American or foreign, the best option is to make America a profitable place to invest. Taxes is one way, by no means the only way, to make investment in the US more profitable and therefore more attractive to prospective investors. Whether you like it or not the world is a much smaller place than it used to be and competing against foreign countries is necessary. Regardless, I believe the monstrosity that is Bamacare is a much larger obstacle to investing in the US than capital gains taxes. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
EVERYONE READING THIS TODAY

EVERYONE READING THIS TODAY IS THE DAY ROMNEY GOES DOWN, EVERY VOTE COUNTS GET OUT AND VOTE!

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:EVERYONE

Brian37 wrote:

EVERYONE READING THIS TODAY IS THE DAY ROMNEY GOES DOWN, EVERY VOTE COUNTS GET OUT AND VOTE!

What if a person wants to vote for Romney?

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

404 error

Try this instead

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2012/Pres/Maps/Nov05.html#item-3

Religion Kills !!!

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
hadn't seen this before

Surprising how little difference there is. With all the hoopla you would have thought it would be staggeringly different.

Religion Kills !!!

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, Reagan is one of those

Yeah, Reagan is one of those myths of the GOP. Sort of like Jesus. He might have existed, but the stories about what he did and the results are fabricated.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Your fucking Redskins have

Your fucking Redskins have ruined the election.

http://t.news.msn.com/politics/did-the-redskins-give-romney-an-advantage

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Some interesting facts about

Some interesting facts about the Electoral College.

http://t.news.msn.com/politics/electoral-college-explained?ocid=ansnews11

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:  

ex-minister wrote:

Surprising how little difference there is. With all the hoopla you would have thought it would be staggeringly different.

The difference is that under Reagan the number of people not in the workforce did not change dramatically. In January of 1980 61,199,000 people were not in the labor force (IOW not included in unemployment stats) In November 1984 63,020,000 were not in the labor force. A 2.97% increase.

Under Obama he started with 79,788,000 (January 2008) people not in the workforce and as of October 88,204,000 a 10.5% increase in the number of people not calculated into the unemployment figures. So 8% unemployment rate under Reagan /= to 8% under Obama because under Obama a larger percentage of unemployed people are not included in the calculation. 

To put it another way, when Reagan assumed office 99,879,000 people were employed. In October 1984, 106,223,000 people were employed. A 6.35% increase in the total number of people working. Under Obama, in January 2008 146,397,000 people were employed, in October 2012 only 143,384,000 million people were employed. A 2.6% decrease in the total number of jobs. 

With all statistics it pays to understand how they come up with the number and the information the number really provides you and what information may be ignored. 

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsdbtabs.htm

For the numbers I quoted above I used "Unemployment levels and rates by age" and "Employed persons by age" selecting the tab for "Total 16 years and over"

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Latest Odds - Next President

20:52 EST

Obama 1.14

Romney 7.6

21:40

O 1.05

R 16