The Christian & Atheist Moral Guide Is The Same

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Christian & Atheist Moral Guide Is The Same

I have been a fan of Pat Condell for years on youtube. He usually talks about Islam's horrible effect on England. So for those who think atheists only pick on Christianity they should watch him.

This one was about the bible as a necessary moral guide for Christians and was particular good.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have seen

I have seen a few of his videos and did not know what his name was. Thanks for posting that.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I cant comment on the link

I cant comment on the link because I have knocked my computer back to the stone age.

But giving a general comment about the title of the thread suggesting overlap on the issue of morals. To me this is a NO DUH!

However, I do not agree that any form of theism is required to find overlap between different political or religious or national tribes. The history of our species makes it clear and simplistic. We all hate it when bad shit happens to us, and we like it when good shit happens to us.

Victor Stinger in his book "The New Atheism" addresses all the common memes in religious history and human history. His point is the NO DUH that we really are, and always have been the same species.

The problem with superstition is that it takes mundane human behavior, both good and bad, and conflates it to our own political, religious, and or national labels, and makes those placebos a false requirement for the reality for our evolution. Evolution's only goal is to get to the point of reproduction, and we have always been, outside our personal clubs and predilections, had the same range of human actions, both good and bad.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37, pat articulates

Brian37,
pat articulates well, but says the brain is the same. It decides what morals to live by. The christian picks the good bits and throws out the bad bits. Hope you can bring your computer up to the modern age and check it our some day. The wording is somewhat carlinesque in how it flows and so concise.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/