Jean's list of Absolute truths.

Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Jean's list of Absolute truths.

Jean's list of Absolute Truths:

Item 1. ______

Item 2. ______

 

There are no absolute truths because the concept of absolute truth is incoherent. 

 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


peto verum
atheist
Posts: 46
Joined: 2011-03-09
User is offlineOffline
Too Funny.  Reading Jean

Too Funny.  Reading Jean Chauvin's post reminds me of the black knight in Monte Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

 

 

KORAN, n.
A book which the Mohammedans foolishly believe to have been written by divine inspiration, but which Christians know to be a wicked imposture, contradictory to the Holy Scriptures. ~ The Devil's Dictionary


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10500
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
Ktulu wrote:Jean's list of

Ktulu wrote:

Jean's list of Absolute Truths:

Item 1. ______

Item 2. ______

 

There are no absolute truths because the concept of absolute truth is incoherent. 

 

ROTF

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


hbmbc30
hbmbc30's picture
Posts: 64
Joined: 2012-06-16
User is offlineOffline
jeans an idiot

dont you love how he comes up with these dumbass attempts to stump people..i guess hes just bored being him so he has to project... how long has he been trolling this site?

Chris


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13488
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Lets all remember that Jean

Lets all remember that Jean has our best interest at heart. When his God allows a Tsunami to murder 13,000 humans, not as a warning to them, but as a third party hostage to get America to kiss his ass, Japan deserved it. So I will see all of you doubters in Church on Sunday, right?

OH FUCK damned Redskins, fall is coming up. Never mind.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10500
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
@ hbmbc30: He hasn't been

@ hbmbc30:
He hasn't been here all that long. And probably won't be here much longer. In my experience, his type gets bored after a year or two of getting owned.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3246
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is onlineOnline
hbmbc30 wrote:dont you love

hbmbc30 wrote:

dont you love how he comes up with these dumbass attempts to stump people..i guess hes just bored being him so he has to project... how long has he been trolling this site?

Although he has always been a stupid asshole, when he first came on board here, he had long lengthy posts about logic and such and there were several threads he started that actually managed to last for more than one or two posts. Over time, he has just degenerated and only occasionally comes in here to fling a flew insults and disappear.

My guess is, he ran out of anything with sufficient substance to even try to argue ( although his original threads were pretty pitiful, at least they actually had SOME discussion in them, they were much like TWD and Fonzie's threads).

But now : No more real debates, no more substance, just some childish prattling and insulting, disappear for a week or two, come back, fling a few more insults and claim victory.

Granted, his posts degenerated rather quickly. (It only took a couple of months). But now he really is not worth the time of day and typing effort, in my opinion.

I think the best thing to do is just ignore him completely. Sooner or later, when he can't get anymore attention, he'll go away.

Granted, I have been guilty of trying to piss him off with insults and everything else. But for me, that time has passed and there is no reason to even fool with it.So, when he responds to this post with a lot of nonsense directed towards me, I won't even bother to read all of it. I'll just keep scrolling down the page like he's not even there.

But that's just me.

He has the right to make a complete ass out of himself ( he doesn't really need any help from us, he's doing just fine all by himself with that one) and I have the right to ignore him.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey Harley

Hey!

You're right, I use to argue substantial and assumed you guys are able to think in logical terms. However, I was starting to see that 99% of you didnt' even know what I was talking about. You had to google wiki in order just to understand the argument before you could respond.

And the responses were highly pathetic, off subject, and ad hominems threw around like:

"philosphy is stuipd." lol

or

"logic isn't everything with atheism."

 

As a result of me witness the public education consequence on this board, instead of wasting me time with things you don't even understand, I simply ridicule, poke fun and laugh profusely as I see the stupidity of atheism as demonstrated on this board.

And you guys said that I'm an example to Christianity being so poor, how ironic it is when the truth is real and it is you atheists who don't know what a syllogism is let alone how to refute one properly. name calling is not a refuation.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey!

You're right, I use to argue substantial and assumed you guys are able to think in logical terms. However, I was starting to see that 99% of you didnt' even know what I was talking about. You had to google wiki in order just to understand the argument before you could respond.

And the responses were highly pathetic, off subject, and ad hominems threw around like:

"philosphy is stuipd." lol

or

"logic isn't everything with atheism."

 

As a result of me witness the public education consequence on this board, instead of wasting me time with things you don't even understand, I simply ridicule, poke fun and laugh profusely as I see the stupidity of atheism as demonstrated on this board.

And you guys said that I'm an example to Christianity being so poor, how ironic it is when the truth is real and it is you atheists who don't know what a syllogism is let alone how to refute one properly. name calling is not a refuation.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Anyways, moving on... Jean, can you give me a single example of an absolute truth?

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hey KTULA

Hey!

I just did. There are absolutely no absolutes.

Do you agree with this absolute?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


ThunderJones
atheist
ThunderJones's picture
Posts: 433
Joined: 2012-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey!I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey!

I just did. There are absolutely no absolutes.

Do you agree with this absolute?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I guess you do not care what the Bible says then. There are plenty of absolutes there.

Secularist, Atheist, Skeptic, Freethinker


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey!I

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey!

I just did. There are absolutely no absolutes.

Do you agree with this absolute?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

No, the concept of absolute truths is nonsensical. 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Thunder

Hey!

So you do not agree with my statement? What kind of absolutues are there besides the absolute that there are no absolutes?

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1505
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is onlineOnline
The "answers" are there, you just need to seek them . .

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey!

 As a result of me witness the public education consequence on this board, instead of wasting me time  . . .

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

  Maybe or perhaps you could recommend some YEC literature to supplement the board's 'public eduction' .. ?

 

 ..   Url  www.answersingenesis.org cec/books    Ad Blurb --  The answers are there you just need to seek . .   . .


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1505
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is onlineOnline
How's that Trollin' working out for you ?

How's that Trollin' working out for you ?

danatemporary wrote:

  Keep dreaming Jeano . . .

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey,

I wear the name troll with honor with you. This is a badge among the atheist to call a person who destroy you utterly in every argument.

I'd kick you around like a bug in argument and on the streets. But I would never do that to you. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings scooter boy.

      
Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hi OP

You've been outted as trolls for just disagreeing with them. hmmm, why does that sound so familiar. I can't put my finger on it. Outted as trolls for simply disagreeing with somebody.

Well, we would all agree in this case that this is an ad hominem attack then to out somedody as a troll just because they are agreesive and win every argument. It's a fascination essay.

I have worked with Amazon for consultation, this was a while ago.  They are pretty intense.

Anyway, back to the commend about a troll for simply disagreeing and kicking everybodie's but. Can somebody help me, I just can't get the comparison. Wait, i'm close, it's coming, here it comes, oh no I lost it.

Anyway, are you an atheist, satanist, agnostic, wiccan, from the school of thelma, panentheist, or other? Please describe other if applicable.

Troll just for disagreeing. Damn, I just can't remember why this is so familiar.

 ¬Jean Chauvin

   What was the immediate reply, I believe Vastet wrote . . .

Vastet wrote:
Ya that is odd. It can't possibly be because you're an arrogant, ignorant, disrespectful, hypocrite asshat who loses every time he posts but is delusional enough to think not responding means you win. Oh wait, that's exactly why you're labelled 'troll'. Welcome, thelilith! As you can see, here it is the theists who have a lot of mouth and nothing to back it up, who are rightfully labelled trolls.

  Trollin' trollin' .. trollin' down the River . . .

 


Ktulu
atheist
Posts: 1830
Joined: 2010-12-21
User is offlineOffline
No, claiming that there are

No, claiming that there are no absolutes is not an absolute.  Claiming that there are no married bachelors is not an absolute.  The concept of a married bachelor, as well as the concept of absolute truth , is nonsensical. 

I see this argument as a staple of your Calvinism.  You claim that relativism is self defeating, but it is not.  There are no absolute truths!.  This is a fact.

Let's define the terms of the argument from a philosophical paradigm.

Oxford Dictionary

 

"Philosophy

a value or principle which is regarded as universally valid or which may be viewed without relation to other things"

 

Basically, an absolute has to be irrelative of observer or time.  If something is absolute now, it has always been an absolute, and will always be an absolute.

Truth is a concept used to validate a proposition.  An observer will use the dichotomy of true/false to subjectively validate a statement. 

From it's definition, you can equate truth with opinion.  The conclusion is that absolute truths is an incoherent term, much like a married bachelor.  Therefore, there are no absolute truths. 

Edit: fixed quote

 

 

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc


Reverend Wells
Reverend Wells's picture
Posts: 36
Joined: 2012-08-17
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:There are

Jean Chauvin wrote:
There are absolutely no absolutes.

Do you agree with this absolute?

A) Statement B is true.

B) Statement A is false.

 

Figure that one out.

"Now this ... is the noble truth of the origin of suffering: it is this craving which leads to renewed existence, accompanied by delight and lust, seeking delight here and there, that is, craving for sensual pleasures, craving for existence, craving for extermination." - Buddha, the 2nd Noble Truth


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3246
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is onlineOnline
Reverend Wells wrote:Jean

Reverend Wells wrote:

Jean Chauvin wrote:
There are absolutely no absolutes.

Do you agree with this absolute?

A) Statement B is true.

B) Statement A is false.

 

Figure that one out.

I sometimes participate in a forum for the local newspaper (which is always filled with racial and religious arguments as those are the two biggest dividing factors in my current city). But somehow the subject of absolute truth came up. I actually had this prick tell me there were 4 absolutes. I had a feeling this was going to be comical, so I asked him to please enlighten me what these FOUR absolutes are (supposedly you could live your whole life by these FOUR absolutes).

Guess what his response was ? (It's almost too dumb to type)

His four absolutes were : Always ask yourself, is it good or bad, true or false, beautiful or ugly, will it or will not hurt another. There is no room for interpretation in those four questions.

OMG.  That was so stupid that I did not even bother responding.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10500
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
You should have. If it were

You should have. Sticking out tongue
If it were a conversation you had in private, he's clearly too dumb to understand how dumb he is, and walking away was the only thing to do. But in a public discussion, not answering tends to imply you can't answer, unless someone else steps up to the plate in your stead who is your equal or better in such a discussion. For such an idiotic comment as this, it's not particularly likely that someone would take the time.
In this scenario, the first part of his "truth" alone is sufficient to shut down the whole thing: "Always ask yourself".
The problem is that asking yourself is presupposing that you are the penultimate human who can do nothing wrong, ever. When combined with the remainder of the claim, it presupposes that the person asking themselves the questions has objective, accurate answers (that everyone will agree with) to the questions of beauty, truth, good, and harm of an issue. This is demonstrably false as NOTHING has ever been agreed upon by every single person who ever existed.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10500
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
You could continue by

You could continue by pointing out every single fallacy the argument invokes, but that could take awhile. > >

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.