Has Quantum Physics Explained the Soul?

Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
Posts: 227
Joined: 2010-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Has Quantum Physics Explained the Soul?

Here is an interesting article on the new field of science, quantum biology and science's attempts at explaining consciousness and the soul. Interesting stuff, doesn't really explain away religion per se, but offers some mechanics behind the mythos.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deepak..._b_675107.html

Why do so many theists find such things as this offensive?     

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Marty Hamrick wrote:

Here is an interesting article on the new field of science, quantum biology and science's attempts at explaining consciousness and the soul. Interesting stuff, doesn't really explain away religion per se, but offers some mechanics behind the mythos.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deepak..._b_675107.html

Why do so many theists find such things as this offensive?

Even if one ignores the fact that no physicist has published this as a theory, no math is presented, and there is not even an attempt to define the soul that is supposedly being explained, it is still no better than undergraduate gibberish by people who have no idea what quantum mechanics is about.

Other than that, nice filler.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
Posts: 227
Joined: 2010-12-31
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Marty

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Marty Hamrick wrote:

Here is an interesting article on the new field of science, quantum biology and science's attempts at explaining consciousness and the soul. Interesting stuff, doesn't really explain away religion per se, but offers some mechanics behind the mythos.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deepak..._b_675107.html

Why do so many theists find such things as this offensive?

Even if one ignores the fact that no physicist has published this as a theory, no math is presented, and there is not even an attempt to define the soul that is supposedly being explained, it is still no better than undergraduate gibberish by people who have no idea what quantum mechanics is about.

Other than that, nice filler.

 

Well I wasn't even attempting to show it as a scientific thesis, just something to converse over. I put this on the CARM site and some of them went ape shit. That's really all I was looking for. Theists are constantly going on about "material reductionism" and a "a non material existence" so I was looking for commentary on those subjects.As I said, "a little mechanics behind the mythos" of the so called "spirit" or "soul".

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10492
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
*Fixes title* I used to

*Fixes title*

I used to always add a d too. Don't know why. Maybe because most words with oul in them have a d after the l. Should, would, could, etc.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
Posts: 227
Joined: 2010-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:*Fixes title*

Vastet wrote:
*Fixes title* I used to always add a d too. Don't know why. Maybe because most words with oul in them have a d after the l. Should, would, could, etc.
Thanks. It did give it a kind of ancient English look to it, though I think its just a slip of my fingers. I don't really type properly, I use the old newsman's 2 finger method, the kind used on ancient Royals. I knew reporters and anchors who used them well into the 1990's when they were forced to accept computers.

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."