My reason for non-belief

snarky
Posts: 5
Joined: 2012-05-08
User is offlineOffline
My reason for non-belief

I've been lurking around this and other atheist sites for awhile.  I like this one best.  I'm sure I'm not as clever, certainly not as well educated as you all.  I'm now 70 and have been a non-believer since I was a teenager.  I just found the whole god thing to be ridiculous.  It seems to me a bizarre concept and my life has been just fine without leaning on something that isn't there.  When I die I will be dead.  Seems reasonable to me.  Any animal that dies is just dead.  Us included.


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Hi Snarky

Snarky,

The title of your thread is:

Quote:
My Reason For Non -Belief

As a result, the concept of reason means you need to apply a logical series of propositions as to why you are a non-believer. But instead of being true to your post, you say: 

Quote:
It seems to me a bizarre concept

It just seems.

This is not reason. This is absurdity via emotionals. One's emotions are irrelavant to logic and reason. Thus you lied. You have no REASON to not believe in God.

The only reason why you don't believe in God is because you enjoy sin. You enjoy not being accountable while your pride and self-righteousness is reflected in your 70 year old wasted life.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3246
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
snarky wrote:  I just found

snarky wrote:

  I just found the whole god thing to be ridiculous.  It seems to me a bizarre concept and my life has been just fine without leaning on something that isn't there.  

It is a bizarre and ricidulous concept. Sad thing is, I bought into it for most of childhood and teen years. Went through a five year period of searching in my early twenties before coming to the conclusion that there was no evidence and science seemed to be the main road to trust in. 

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Harley

Harley,

It seems ridiculous and it is ridiculous are two different positions.

 

Also, evidence must correspond to the epistmeology of choice.

Since I have seen you catelogically speaking mix

epistemologies together in contardiction, your desire

to want evidence is amusing and confusing.

 

For if I were to give you evidence, shall I then

mix the evidence up cateologically speaking and contradict it

just as you have in your epistemology?

Or shall I flip a coin and just pick one?

 

Before you start asking for evidence, you need to isolate the means of knowledge

without contradicting yourself, and without the confusion of your own worldview.

 

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvn (Jude 3).

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3246
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Harley,It

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Harley,

It seems ridiculous and it is ridiculous are two different positions.

 

Also, evidence must correspond to the epistmeology of choice.

Since I have seen you catelogically speaking mix

epistemologies together in contardiction, your desire

to want evidence is amusing and confusing.

 

For if I were to give you evidence, shall I then

mix the evidence up cateologically speaking and contradict it

just as you have in your epistemology?

Or shall I flip a coin and just pick one?

 

Before you start asking for evidence, you need to isolate the means of knowledge

without contradicting yourself, and without the confusion of your own worldview.

 

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvn (Jude 3).

 

 

AAAHHH ! I see, it is all so crystal clear now.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Harley

Harley,

Deflection via Sarcasm simply means that there is a leakage of fuel somewhere in your mind and that your argument

has deflated upon impact of thought via argument with your oppoent.

 

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3246
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Harley,

Deflection via Sarcasm simply means that there is a leakage of fuel somewhere in your mind and that your argument

has deflated upon impact of thought via argument with your oppoent.

 

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

Hmm, my originally argument was lack of evidence leads me to believe there is no god. That was the sum of it.  All speculation and philosophical conjecture aside, there is still no evidence.  All of the incoherent, Orwellian doublespeak and tossing around a few terms is simply not going to change that. 

Sarcasm ? Really ? What happened to your sense of humor ? 

BTW, tell your new Atheist "friend" that I said hello. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3704
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is onlineOnline
Welcome to Rational

Welcome to Rational Responders.

Shut up Jean!

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3246
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Welcome

butterbattle wrote:

Welcome to Rational Responders.

Shut up Jean!

 

Jean is good for comic relief from time to time. I still think he is an Atheist that is parodying the whole act and having a laugh at our expense. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
snarky wrote:I've been

snarky wrote:

I've been lurking around this and other atheist sites for awhile.  I like this one best.  I'm sure I'm not as clever, certainly not as well educated as you all.  I'm now 70 and have been a non-believer since I was a teenager.  I just found the whole god thing to be ridiculous.  It seems to me a bizarre concept and my life has been just fine without leaning on something that isn't there.  When I die I will be dead.  Seems reasonable to me.  Any animal that dies is just dead.  Us included.

I'm sure you are more wise than the majority of us.   I look forward to your insights.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
Posts: 1211
Joined: 2010-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Harley

Harley,

Again, evidence has to correspond to one's epistemology. So you are absolutely wrong my friend.

However, I would argue that there is absolutely no evidence for anything

including the notion that the earth revolves around the sun to the notion that cats meow from an atheistic position.

 

You have no evidence for anything, since the epistemology that corresponds to the evidence of choice has been refuted

and shown false.

 

I agree with Watcher, a 70 year old man who doesn't know how to argue and has wasted his life away is probably more "wiser" then the majority on here.

 

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

 

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).


snarky
Posts: 5
Joined: 2012-05-08
User is offlineOffline
Jean Claude

My my, you're a nasty one aren't you?  I've heard this kind of garbage all my life, without the nastiness. 

I didn't know the title of my thread would cause you so much anguish.  I didn't give much thought to the word "reason".  I could easily have phrased it another way. The same with "seems".  I don't give my individual words as much weight as you do.  Every individual word does not define my philosophy.

Anyway, there is no god.  This is just a crutch to lean on when bad things happen in your life.  It makes no difference in the outcome of anything.  If it makes you feel better to believe then go right on ahead.  I think you  sound delusional, but that's your problem, I guess.

Anyway just FYI I'm female.

 


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3246
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
snarky wrote:My my, you're a

snarky wrote:

My my, you're a nasty one aren't you?  I've heard this kind of garbage all my life, without the nastiness. 

I didn't know the title of my thread would cause you so much anguish.  I didn't give much thought to the word "reason".  I could easily have phrased it another way. The same with "seems".  I don't give my individual words as much weight as you do.  Every individual word does not define my philosophy.

Anyway, there is no god.  This is just a crutch to lean on when bad things happen in your life.  It makes no difference in the outcome of anything.  If it makes you feel better to believe then go right on ahead.  I think you  sound delusional, but that's your problem, I guess.

Anyway just FYI I'm female.

 

Jean is more of a source of amusement for most of us that have been here a while, an annoyance to others. Myself, I still think that he is a parody that is simply having fun needling people. That's why I just laugh at his posts.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Jean

harleysportster wrote:

Jean is more of a source of amusement for most of us that have been here a while, an annoyance to others. Myself, I still think that he is a parody that is simply having fun needling people. That's why I just laugh at his posts.

He's a loon, snarky.   A major loon.   I ignore him for the most part.  I suggest a similar strategy for yourself if you are so inclined.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


snarky
Posts: 5
Joined: 2012-05-08
User is offlineOffline
Right you are!

I've been lurking in the shadows here long enough to know what you all think of Jean.  I guess I just got really pissed at the name-calling. Good advice you gave me!   From now on, I will go back to reading, laughing and dismissing once again.


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3246
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
snarky wrote:I've been

snarky wrote:

I've been lurking in the shadows here long enough to know what you all think of Jean.  I guess I just got really pissed at the name-calling. Good advice you gave me!   From now on, I will go back to reading, laughing and dismissing once again.

Please feel free to post and post quite frequently. It's allot of fun.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno