Arguing with a theist about "God Particle"

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arguing with a theist about "God Particle"

While debating this one theist online, he keeps insisting the Higgs-Boson Particle (he did not know that name, only knew that it was the GOD particle) proves the existence of some universal force. I call bullshit of course. 

However, I have not kept as up to date with science, as I would have liked of late. But to my knowledge, the search for this particle has not been completely proven and if it were, it would not answer all of the questions about the origins of the universe and would simply shed new light on energy and masses. 

I am doing some online searches about this and have a few refutations, but was wondering what some GOOD arguments against Higgs Boson "proving a god" might be ? 

While I do alot of reading, physics is a little bit over my head. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

harleysportster wrote:

While debating this one theist online, he keeps insisting the Higgs-Boson Particle (he did not know that name, only knew that it was the GOD particle) proves the existence of some universal force. I call bullshit of course.

God has gravitas.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

TomJ
atheist
TomJ's picture
User is offlineOffline
Goddamn particle

The "God particle" moniker came from a book title. The author wanted to name it goddamn particle (because the Higgs boson is so elusive) but the publisher said he would sell more books if they used god instead of goddamn.

True story.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/12/12/143571097/here-we-go-again-has-misnamed-god-particle-finally-been-found

Discovery of this particle will not prove the existence of any god. All it will do is confirm that The Standard Model in particle physicals is true. Just about all the particles predicted by the Standard Model have been experimentally found. This is the particle that is predicted to be the carrier of the Higgs field, which is thought to give all matter in the universe the property we call mass. Not church mass, but the gravity inducing light bending kind of mass.

Remember how you figured out there is no Santa? Well, their god is just like Santa. They just haven’t figured out he’s not real yet.

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Harley

Hey,

What type of theist was he? To simply say theist is ambiguous. To escape the logical fallacy of ambiguity, you need to put the adjective (description) of the theist. To simply say "Theist" could mean that you were talking to a member of the Illumanati or talking with a New Age Guru who worships the earth.

The God Particle is pretty stupd to argue about regarding God. While it is funny, and it absolutely is a mockery of atheism lol, it is not a demonstration of God.

gluons I believe are said to be the smallest particlar known. I understand that there is a theory regarding preons in relation to string theory which is outside of science and into philosophical pagan religion.

Again, you have weak "theists" whatever that means that don't know how to think just like atheists. They went throught the public school system where the primary "education" they got was how to put a condom on a banana. Now these banana condom kids are grown up and try to argue (applies to atheists just as much).

As a result, we see the intellectual mental retardation of thought, more so for the atheist, but the retards are throughout and only a few have resisted the brainwashing of our society.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:Hey,What

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey,

What type of theist was he? To simply say theist is ambiguous. To escape the logical fallacy of ambiguity, you need to put the adjective (description) of the theist. To simply say "Theist" could mean that you were talking to a member of the Illumanati or talking with a New Age Guru who worships the earth.

The God Particle is pretty stupd to argue about regarding God. While it is funny, and it absolutely is a mockery of atheism lol, it is not a demonstration of God.

gluons I believe are said to be the smallest particlar known. I understand that there is a theory regarding preons in relation to string theory which is outside of science and into philosophical pagan religion.

Again, you have weak "theists" whatever that means that don't know how to think just like atheists. They went throught the public school system where the primary "education" they got was how to put a condom on a banana. Now these banana condom kids are grown up and try to argue (applies to atheists just as much).

As a result, we see the intellectual mental retardation of thought, more so for the atheist, but the retards are throughout and only a few have resisted the brainwashing of our society.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

I gotta admit, that's pretty hilarious. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
TomJ wrote:The "God

TomJ wrote:

The "God particle" moniker came from a book title. The author wanted to name it goddamn particle (because the Higgs boson is so elusive) but the publisher said he would sell more books if they used god instead of goddamn.

True story.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/12/12/143571097/here-we-go-again-has-misnamed-god-particle-finally-been-found

Discovery of this particle will not prove the existence of any god. All it will do is confirm that The Standard Model in particle physicals is true. Just about all the particles predicted by the Standard Model have been experimentally found. This is the particle that is predicted to be the carrier of the Higgs field, which is thought to give all matter in the universe the property we call mass. Not church mass, but the gravity inducing light bending kind of mass.

Thanks for that information and link, Tom. 

― Giordano Bruno

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
This sounds comparable to a

This sounds comparable to a creationist hearing a geneticist use the term "mitochondrial Eve", or a paleontologist use the term "pre-Cambrian explosion", and concluding that science confirms the Genesis story. 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

One hopes the people posting here realize god particle is no more than a humorous nickname and was never intended to be more than that.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:One hopes

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

One hopes the people posting here realize god particle is no more than a humorous nickname and was never intended to be more than that.

A nickname the media gave it and it somehow caught on. 

― Giordano Bruno