The excuses of theists

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
The excuses of theists

I want to compile a list of excuses that theists use as an attempt to strengthen their weak faith in their god.

I remember a few of them so I'll start my list here. Please add on as you find or remember them.

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
- The distance of the moon

- The distance of the moon from the earth is a perfect distance. It helped create the tides and life on the planet wouldn't survive with out the tides.

- The distance from the sun to the earth is a perfect distance, thus called the "Goldilocks zone". Only a god could have done this.

- DNA is code, so since codes are created then there must be a god.

- There can't be nothing from nothing, so god must have existed before nothing to create the universe

- What came 1st, the chicken or egg? There must be a god to make the egg so that the chicken exists or the chicken so the egg exists (nothing from nothing argument). (1st cause argument)

- There were sea shells found on Mt. Everest so the flood story must be true, which proves god existed.

- Pascal's Wager

- The human ear or eye is too perfect to be have formed by accident

- Personal experience. This is the "I felt god" excuse.

- The bible is the word of god.

- God is too popular. So many people people believe

- Atheist can't disprove god

Free will is an illusion. People always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

-Scott Adams