The Schizophrenia Of 'Empirical' Christianity

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Schizophrenia Of 'Empirical' Christianity

What do we think of BioLogos, the group insisting science should not be lost to the secularists? They argue youngsters should not be forced to choose between god and - dare I say it - the evidence.

If anyone visits the site, all I can say is 'mind the gap'. Those who can't be bothered may enjoy these soundbites of motivated reasoning...

"We believe that the diversity and interrelation of all life on earth are best explained by the God-ordained process of evolution and common descent. Thus, evolution is not in opposition to God, but a means by which God providentially achieves his purposes."

"We believe that God created humans in biological continuity with all life on earth, but also as spiritual beings. God established a unique relationship with humanity by endowing us with his image and calling us to an elevated position within the created order." 

"We reject ideologies such as Materialism and Scientism that claim science is the sole source of knowledge and truth, that science has debunked God and religion, or that the physical world constitutes the whole of reality."

http://biologos.org/

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
But having scoffed the cake

Atheistextremist wrote:

"We reject ideologies such as Materialism and Scientism that claim science is the sole source of knowledge and truth, that science has debunked God and religion, or that the physical world constitutes the whole of reality."

they want to eat it, too...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Fundalmentalist Extremist

Extremeist,

The Schizo comedy is really found is agnostics who call themselves atheists in how they approach knowledge which is what science is.

By perpetually making cateological fallacies of various epistemologies by blending them they constantly are a Rationalist for a second, and then the next second they're empiricists. They thus self refute themselves without even knowing it and destroy the very foundations of what science is.

These so called Christians are simply not trained in thinking and logic.

Science existed in the beginning before empiricism was invented by Plato and the pre-socratics.

True science is not mixing up knowledge and blending things into one that are antithetical in approach.

They are all Hegelian Schizophrenics.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle

How right you are, Jeano. 

Zaq
atheist
Zaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have a quotable for that!

At least, with regards to the last part:

There might be more than one route to the truth.  But if there is, I would still expect all routes to lead to the same truth.

When science and religion say conflicting things, they aren't both right.

Questions for Theists:
http://silverskeptic.blogspot.com/2011/03/consistent-standards.html

I'm a bit of a lurker. Every now and then I will come out of my cave with a flurry of activity. Then the Ph.D. program calls and I must fall back to the shadows.