"God Particle" on the verge of being discovered.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
"God Particle" on the verge of being discovered.

This kind of news makes me really happy and I chuckle a little at the fools saying the Hadron Collider will engulf the Earth with miniature black holes or some bullshit.  http://news.yahoo.com/long-sought-god-particle-cornered-scientists-140202981.html

Quote:

Physicists are closer than ever to hunting down the elusive Higgs boson particle, the missing piece of the governing theory of the universe's tiniest building blocks.

Scientists at the world's largest particle accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Geneva, Switzerland, announced today (Dec. 13) that they'd narrowed down the list of possible hiding spots for the Higgs, (also called the God particle) and even see some indications that they're hot on its trail.

"I think we are getting very close," said Vivek Sharma, a physicist at the University of California, San Diego, and the leader of the Higgs search at LHC's CMS experiment. "We may be getting the first tantalizing hints, but it's a whiff, it's a smell, it's not quite the whole thing."

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just heard an item on our

Just heard an item on our morning news program that preliminary analysis is starting to hint at the existence of the particle.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Conundrum101
User is offlineOffline
Rediscovering Pantheism

The evidence of a designer is in everything that is made.  God has left a trail is every thing seen or unseen including the aided eye.  This does not lead one to pantheism.  The Creator is not the creation.  Man has always had trouble with omni-potence  and omni-presence.  We are still trying to figure out how our navels evolved.

One looks in an electron microscope and proclaims:  "My Mother Nature, how great thou art".  Another looks at the same thing and says:  "My God, how great thou art".  A similar analogy can be made with " My Big Bang" while looking through a telescope.

How can the various paradigms of world-view be correct?

Let God be found True--and every man a liar.  We are without excuse.

Peace,

Conundrum

signed

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Preaching is neither

Preaching is neither evidence nor argument.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conundrum

Conundrum101 wrote:

The evidence of a designer is in everything that is made.  God has left a trail is every thing seen or unseen including the aided eye.  This does not lead one to pantheism.  The Creator is not the creation.  Man has always had trouble with omni-potence  and omni-presence.  We are still trying to figure out how our navels evolved.

One looks in an electron microscope and proclaims:  "My Mother Nature, how great thou art".  Another looks at the same thing and says:  "My God, how great thou art".  A similar analogy can be made with " My Big Bang" while looking through a telescope.

Peace,

Conundrum

Perhaps you are in a conundrum I am not.  I have never seen any evidence of a god, not once , not ever. If you have any evidence of a god then present it;  I do NOT want to hear your reasons, nor your arguments for being a theist, [after 50 + years I've heard them] Just show me your evidence. Has for the paradigms of world-view,  atheists don't care for the term because the only thing we have in common is NO belief in a god and no use for religion, after  that our world views go up and down the political spectrum.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Conundrum needs a theist

Conundrum needs a theist badge first of all.  

Second, scientists don't praise mother nature; they examine it.  They are fully aware of the myriad of life on this planet and the wonders it still holds that we are discovering every single solitary day.  Your analogy on microscopes is invalid because the big bang will never be observable as a whole, but with scientific wonders like the Hadron Collider, we can smash atoms, accelerate particles, see protons in action, screw with electrons and discover particles we never thought existed before i.e. the "god particle."  Our technology is just beginning to heat up to the point where in a few decades, we will have proven how our universe truly works without the need of a silly imaginary designer.  All it takes is time and the thirst of knowledge. 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Conundrum101 wrote:The

Conundrum101 wrote:

Peace,

Conundrum

Various paradigms can't all be correct. They can all be proven wrong (including yours).

Work on that finding God true thing, OK? He can't seem to do it on his own.

Hint: saying "let God be found true" won't make it happen. You are without evidence.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Conundrum needs a theist badge first of all.  

Second, scientists don't praise mother nature; they examine it.  They are fully aware of the myriad of life on this planet and the wonders it still holds that we are discovering every single solitary day.  Your analogy on microscopes is invalid because the big bang will never be observable as a whole, but with scientific wonders like the Hadron Collider, we can smash atoms, accelerate particles, see protons in action, screw with electrons and discover particles we never thought existed before i.e. the "god particle."  Our technology is just beginning to heat up to the point where in a few decades, we will have proven how our universe truly works without the need of a silly imaginary designer.  All it takes is time and the thirst of knowledge. 

You'd think someone taking the name "conundrum" would know how to pose one. Sheesh.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Conundrum101 wrote:The

Conundrum101 wrote:

Peace,

Conundrum

Did someone fart? It stinks in here.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Louis_Cypher
BloggerSuperfan
Louis_Cypher's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fecal remains...

Ktulu wrote:

Conundrum101 wrote:

Peace,

Conundrum

Did someone fart? It stinks in here.

Nah... I think that's the subtle aroma of troll shit on the breeze...

LC >;-}>

Christianity: A disgusting middle eastern blood cult, based in human sacrifice, with sacraments of cannibalism and vampirism, whose highest icon is of a near naked man hanging in torment from a device of torture.