October 21, 2011 was Judgment Day

Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
October 21, 2011 was Judgment Day

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
I spent the day doing RRS

I spent the day doing RRS stuff, a good day.

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
I spent the day mostly

I spent the day mostly drunk.

 

Right now, my life is spent hitting the mall and asking for three jobs a week to no good purpose.  The days that I am not hitting perfume stores or the like, I might as well get blasted.

 

Eventually, something will come up but from what I hear from other people, a few weeks is nothing in this stupid economy.  I want a return to the Clinton era tech bubble with near zero unemployment.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
Anyone notice how Camping's

Anyone notice how Camping's date is just 7 days before the alleged Mayan end of the world date (October 28)? I can't believe his followers never guessed he was a phony.

BTW isn't he in a coma now?

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical


Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
Posts: 196
Joined: 2011-03-14
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I spent the day mostly drunk.

 

Right now, my life is spent hitting the mall and asking for three jobs a week to no good purpose.  The days that I am not hitting perfume stores or the like, I might as well get blasted.

 

Eventually, something will come up but from what I hear from other people, a few weeks is nothing in this stupid economy.  I want a return to the Clinton era tech bubble with near zero unemployment.

Ever heard of LiveOps, Inc? They're a work at home inbound telesales company - no experience required, usually above average pay, and no mimimum work hours required per week - that's where I work, you could check them out if you're comfortable with an independent contractor job, and paying $50 for your background check.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Give me a link.  If it

Give me a link.  If it works for me, then I am good.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


RecoveringFundamentalist (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Give me a link.  If it works for me, then I am good.

www.liveops.com


 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13478
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
I started a thread about

I started a thread about this a couple days ago. His prediction came true, The Redskins lost........Oh wait, that is not the sign of the end times, that is par for the course.

And Answers, I'm with ya bud.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
Go Redskins...come on...come on...damn

 Yeah, Brian37, I am a Redskin fan from childhood. Something told me not to watch yesterday and @  20/33 glad I didn't. I hate to see them lose and screaming at the TV doesn't help me or them. I had the fortune of going to their actual game twice and they won both times. Your avatar from day 1 when I joined here says it all.

 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
Recovering,You can listen to

Recovering,

You can listen to Harold Camping message (if you haven't already) from a few weeks ago here. Listen to lack of confidence about Oct 21

http://www.familyradio.com/x/companion_pages/greeting_2.html?keepThis=true&TB2_iframe=true&height=440&width=611

 

The main website.

http://www.familyradio.com/

 

 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


ex-minister
atheistHigh Level ModeratorSilver Member
ex-minister's picture
Posts: 1708
Joined: 2010-01-29
User is offlineOffline
The strength of human denial knows no bounds.

Recovering fundamentalist wrote:

Anyone notice how Camping's date is just 7 days before the alleged Mayan end of the world date (October 28)? I can't believe his followers never guessed he was a phony.

 

 

The strength of human denial knows no bounds. 

This day is significant in the Jewish calendar being Yom Kippur, the tenth day of the seventh month. They day of judgement when all Israel is judged by God. The math in the book of Daniel is also significant. I am a former SDA. They got their start from the Millerite movement and its subsequent Great Disappointment. The math I always found tedious and never really clicked with me but of course I accepted it. Bishop Ussher, which is all YEC have to go on, dated the earth's creation to Oct 23, 4004 BC. This day is somewhat close to the equinox. So I think heading into winter primitive man picked up on the fear of making it through and then added the religious BS on top of it. 

Here is Miller's Chart showing the math. Now wouldn't you feel smart if you did the work understanding it and impress the credulous. How could you give that up?

 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10484
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
First time I've missed the

First time I've missed the apocalypse twice in one year. I think.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13478
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: Yeah,

ex-minister wrote:

 Yeah, Brian37, I am a Redskin fan from childhood. Something told me not to watch yesterday and @  20/33 glad I didn't. I hate to see them lose and screaming at the TV doesn't help me or them. I had the fortune of going to their actual game twice and they won both times. Your avatar from day 1 when I joined here says it all.

 

Listen you son of a bitch(please don't hurt me), If I am willing to be delusionally hopeful in my own willful ignorance in being a fan, and risk my friendship with Bob, who watches the games with me, then you have no excuse but to torture yourself too. There is no point in being a lemming unless you give it all your effort.

WHY ME!

And that avatar is staying there until we make it deep into the playoffs. FYI I just about choked laughing my ass off when I first saw it and decided I had to have it as my avatar.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Recovering fundamentalist

Recovering fundamentalist wrote:

Ever heard of LiveOps, Inc? They're a work at home inbound telesales company - no experience required, usually above average pay, and no mimimum work hours required per week - that's where I work, you could check them out if you're comfortable with an independent contractor job, and paying $50 for your background check.

 

Check you PM box.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=