Christian shakedowns.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian shakedowns.

I recently drove past a former church I attended, it had this written on the marquee:

Don't confuse God's patience with his final response.

This just so much reminds me of the old mobster movies where an enforcer goes around telling the people the mob is shaking down "The boss' patience is running out" and "it would be a shame if an unfortunate accident should befall you".

But Christians are not threatening people, they are just warning us about the all powerful godfather in the sky. Bullshit. For a good person to do bad things, it takes religion.

When Christians whip out their "it's going to bad what will happen to you" shit, I'm going to reply with "Are you threatening me?". This cop out that it's "god is giving the warning, I'm just the messenger" is such BS. We got to hold them accountable for their words and take the moral high ground.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
This was my hole girlfriends

This was my hole girlfriends best friends position the night I dug into her about it.  I said:

"So you believe I'm going to hell?" 

"No, I don't know that forsure." 

"K but according to the bible apostates are going to hell." 

"Yes that is true." 

"Then I am going to hell if I continue my life the way it is." 

"Yes"            *so difficult to say but it must be said* crowd gasps a little

"Do you think I deserve it"

"That is not my choice to make"

"I am not asking what is your choice, I am asking what is your your opigion"

"I don't know" *brain---so---confused*

"Do you or do you not believe I should go to hell based on how I have lived so far"

"It is not my choice"

"Would you support it if it was the choice your god made."

"Yes, I would support anything god did"

"Then with your support you agree with his decision."

"I would agree with anything god would do."

"Then you think based on my life I should go to hell"

"I don't think that."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Looking back at the conversation typed, it kinda looks like a conversation with cleverbot.

The passing of the torch of responsibilty to god drives me nuts. 

"Not me, god will do it."

"I'm not going to bring armageddon on the world, god will."

"I won't torture you in hell, god will"

Ummm, right but you support these decisions?

"Yes we would support anything god did, but it's god doing it, not us"

OH STFU!

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
disengaging brain in 5,4,3,2,1

God's ways are not our ways, they are mysterious.

(under her breath: I agree He is fucking nuts but Jesus Christ, shhhh,  He is listening to us right now. So you STFU.)

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:This

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

This was my hole girlfriends best friends position the night I dug into her about it.  I said:

"So you believe I'm going to hell?" 

"No, I don't know that forsure." 

"K but according to the bible apostates are going to hell." 

"Yes that is true." 

"Then I am going to hell if I continue my life the way it is." 

"Yes"            *so difficult to say but it must be said* crowd gasps a little

"Do you think I deserve it"

"That is not my choice to make"

"I am not asking what is your choice, I am asking what is your your opigion"

"I don't know" *brain---so---confused*

"Do you or do you not believe I should go to hell based on how I have lived so far"

"It is not my choice"

"Would you support it if it was the choice your god made."

"Yes, I would support anything god did"

"Then with your support you agree with his decision."

"I would agree with anything god would do."

"Then you think based on my life I should go to hell"

"I don't think that."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Looking back at the conversation typed, it kinda looks like a conversation with cleverbot.

The passing of the torch of responsibilty to god drives me nuts. 

"Not me, god will do it."

"I'm not going to bring armageddon on the world, god will."

"I won't torture you in hell, god will"

Ummm, right but you support these decisions?

"Yes we would support anything god did, but it's god doing it, not us"

OH STFU! 

She uses the "I was only following orders" defense. It doesn't work in any court of law or international tribunal, but apparently it does in the kingdom of God.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote: God's

ex-minister wrote:

God's ways are not our ways, they are mysterious.

(under her breath: I agree He is fucking nuts but Jesus Christ, shhhh,  He is listening to us right now. So you STFU.)

That's really what it is they are so terrified of sufferring the same fate they have been programmed to believe is real, they cannot disagree with the only being who offers them a ticket out.  Whether he is right or wrong is irrelevant, as long as they don't disagree they will be safe.  So they are very careful and fake with their words, might makes right. 

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: She uses the "I

EXC wrote:

She uses the "I was only following orders" defense. It doesn't work in any court of law or international tribunal, but apparently it does in the kingdom of God.

That's because their is no "court of law" or near just system in this kingdom of heaven, just one being, one judge jury and executioner. 

I wonder about these types like this girl...  Would they really stand by and let their god take some of their loved ones away, even their child?  Or is this just BS talk so they don't trip up and ever say god could be wrong.  Whenever I ask, as hard as it always is their awnser always boils down

to "well it's god so...I have no choice yes I would support his decisions."  But would they?  Could they?  They seem reasonable, pleasant, and loving in every other way, I don't know if they would just stand by as this happened.  Maybe they would, sad.

They always ask me in response "Well what would you do if god chose to send one of your loved ones to hell."  So I'll say something like....

"Well if hell is a place of eternal pain then no person should EVER be sent their, no crime could possibly warrant such a punishment and such a place shouldn't exist.  If I knew this person was a good person or that people in general were being sent to this place I could not allow it to happen, I would necessarily act in whatever way I thought would be most efficient to save the person.  If their is no trial, no way of persuading this god, and nothing I can do physically ofcourse it's *god,* I guess I would have no choice but to refuse entry into "heaven" and go with my loved one who is being sent to this "hell" unjustly (hopefully to start an army of good people with the same fate and start a revolution).   I would rather die than live under an unjust tyranical god, a god that takes children from parents because they didn't believe with no evidence, or they were gay, or they disagree with his justice, or whatever nonsense reason he's banishing them.  You would shut up, and conform out of fear.  I am much more afraid of your fate, I have no fear of mine."

It's all the fear of death, fear of god, fear fear fear for these people.   

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
This reminds me of

This reminds me of some of those theist arguments that state :

God loves us, god wants to save us from suffering and that is why he sent his only begotten son jesus to bring his word to us. God is trying to help us, he wants us to be with him.

To which I always inquire about the nature of hell  and get this type of response :

Oh but don't you see ? God is trying to save us from going to hell. He does not send us there, the people send themselves there. It is called sin. That is how much that god loves us, he gives us the free will to choose what we wish to do. God is trying to help us.

How people can seriously entertain these thoughts with a straight face is far beyond my ability to comprehend.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:to

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

to "well it's god so...I have no choice yes I would support his decisions."  But would they?  Could they? 

Christian morality is just might makes right. They have no other moral arguement than that.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have often asked these

I have often asked these people what they would do if god told them to kill one of their children or their families.

Most of the time, they dodge the question by saying that god is not going to tell them to do that.

When further pressed, they usually end the discussion or tell me how they can not tolerate people like me, questioning or making a mockery of THEIR god.

A clever way of wiggling out of the question.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:NoMoreCrazyPeople

EXC wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

to "well it's god so...I have no choice yes I would support his decisions."  But would they?  Could they? 

Christian morality is just might makes right. They have no other moral arguement than that.

I warn all humans not to get stuck on labels.

Might makes right is not a label invention. Throughout our evolution, once we get on top we AS A SPECIES falsely assume that the label did the work, than the actual human work.

Work is what wins, not labels. But work, no matter the label who claims an absolute will never trump the reality that labels will never trump the fact that life is a crap shoot.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Scout
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I could not agree more fully

I could not agree more fully with you, EXC! The doctrine of Hell is deeply, deeply manipulative - and it is all the more manipulative when they try to pretend that it is not manipulative. When I was into Christianity, Hell was probably the biggest sticking point I had.

In my discussions with Catholics, I found that they frequently intimated/threatened about Hell, but when you challenged them they hid behind statements like "The Church does not teach that any person in particular is in Hell" and "The Church does not teach that anybody is in Hell, just that it exists". Eventually I worked out that this was all mindgames and wordplay. They want to frighten you with the idea of Hell, but at the same time they do not want to take responsibility for what they are actually doing.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: I recently drove

EXC wrote:

I recently drove past a former church I attended, it had this written on the marquee:

Don't confuse God's patience with his final response.

This just so much reminds me of the old mobster movies where an enforcer goes around telling the people the mob is shaking down "The boss' patience is running out" and "it would be a shame if an unfortunate accident should befall you".

But Christians are not threatening people, they are just warning us about the all powerful godfather in the sky. Bullshit. For a good person to do bad things, it takes religion.

When Christians whip out their "it's going to bad what will happen to you" shit, I'm going to reply with "Are you threatening me?". This cop out that it's "god is giving the warning, I'm just the messenger" is such BS. We got to hold them accountable for their words and take the moral high ground.

How many people outside the issue of religion would work for a boss who went up to one of your co-workers who broke a machine or missed a deadline, and that boss put a gun to their head and shot them? How many people would go "Well he did fuck up, he must have deserved it"

This is the cry of a coward, hide behind the bully and claim that it wasn't their idea to beat you up.

It makes for great horror movies. Friday the 13, the first one had a crazy bum warning the teens with "You're doomed, you're all doomed". It makes for a great Hollywood script, but it is lousy morality in reality.

The Bible is a Maffia manefesto. It relies on arbitrary absolute power, and strong armed bribery and threats to keep the believer in line.

If someone says to me, "I'm not the one who said it". I'd say "Then step aside and let that prick say it to my face". They won't do that because it would destroy their delusion. Once you know that there is merely a man behind the curtain, you are not afraid of Micky Mouse or Lex Luthor. Although the fans of such can be quite frightening,

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog