Jefferson/Washington, their take on the Clerics getting kicked off the plane.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jefferson/Washington, their take on the Clerics getting kicked off the plane.

In case you haven't heard two Muslim clerics, ironically on their way to a conference about fear of Muslims, were kicked off a plane after being CHECKED three times. They did not get kicked off because of any real threat, they got kicked off because they had funny accents and strange cloths.

This dipshit pilot had a knee jerk reaction. If you look at the dress of the 9/11 hijackers, NONE OF THEM were dressed like clerics or wearing Muslim hats or turbans. They were dressed in western style cloths and successfully used blending in of our society to pull off that horrible act.

If alive today I have no doubt that Jefferson and Washington would be appalled at their treatment and the presumption of guilt on this pilot's part EVEN after they had been screened multiple times.

Here is what Washington had to say about someone asking him about who he wanted to hire to build Mt Vernon as a bricklayer and carpenter.

It is clear what the founders wanted. They did not want fear to rule and they wanted every protection and freedom for everyone no matter what their label was. Certainly they were not dealing with our modern era or technologies or modern threats, but I have no doubt that they would not want to sacrifice the protections of the Constitutions because of fear.

"Mahometan" was the lexicon of the time meaning "Muslim". Also notice Washington's recognition of the godless too.(as an aside).

March 24th 1784 letter to Tench Tilghman

Quote:
If they are good workmen, they may be of Asia, Africa, or Europe. They may be Mohometans, Jews or Christians of any Sect, or they may be Atheists.

And from Jefferson's autobiography 1821:

Quote:
bill for establishing religious freedom ... was finally passed, ... a singular proposition proved that its protection of opinion was meant to be universal. Where the preamble declares that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed, by inserting the word "Jesus Christ," so that it should read "a departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion." The insertion was rejected by a great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend within the mantle of its protection the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan, the Hindoo and infidel of every denomination.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog