the Bible a.i.

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
the Bible a.i.

Once on a lark I took a conversation simulator a.i. with a decent learning algorithm (it evolves!) and put a .txt bible in place of it's brain. People could type in questions and it would answer in biblical texts.

I could reproduce this if anyone is interested?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 If you mean to make a site

If you mean to make a site for it, I say go for it.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 We already have couple of

We already have couple of those on this site..... oh, you meant AI as in a computer. It would be interesting to create one and see how accurately it could predict theist responses.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
That would be awesome!I'm

That would be awesome!

I'm going to study AI next year, so it'd be interesting to see how the thing works Smiling
Do we need to train it a lot? Like talk to it for an hour before it understand anything at all?

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
No, no site, I just took an

No, no site, I just took an existing conversation simulator deleted it's "brain" and put in the bible. Anyone could do it, but I'll do it again and upload it somewhere and provide a link.

It works right from the start, but mainly produces gibberish. I think I'll use a modern translation, maybe that will reduce the gibberish factor.

peto verum
atheist
User is offlineOffline
This sounds interesting. 

This sounds interesting.  I'll be watching for the link.

Thanks

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Can you put one of my

Can you put one of my google ads on the page?  I could market it for you to get some attention.

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Can you put

Sapient wrote:

Can you put one of my google ads on the page?  I could market it for you to get some attention.

LOL! I promise you, I am not a salesman! I am using a third party software, MegaHal, and all I did was use my processor to convert the World English Bible.

I like to taunt my christian friends, "Want to talk to God? I got him right here on my pc." although it is really more of a "virtual preacher" I suppose, depending on how literal you think the Word of God is his actual words.

In fact I'm not sure what to upload it to, I generally use yahoo, but people have to register, and who wants that hassle? Anybody got any suggestions for free hosting?

The problem I'm having is all the numbers in the verses occlude meaning sometimes, I'm trying to find a number free txt version.

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thunderios wrote:That would

Thunderios wrote:

That would be awesome!

I'm going to study AI next year, so it'd be interesting to see how the thing works Smiling
Do we need to train it a lot? Like talk to it for an hour before it understand anything at all?

No, it is MegaHal, and anyone could do it, you just have to blank out the .trn file and replace it with txt of your choice. What it does is take your input and look for word connections from the brn file and make new sentences. So, in effect it takes different verses of the bible and tries to merge them into new sentences. It doesn't actually "evolve" as there is no criteria for better/strong or worse/weak sentences, but it does "learn" from new things you type in by adding them to it's brn.

The christians I've shown it to have generally been astounded by it's "wisdom". Then they get nervous and tell me it might be blasphemy. So, that's fun.

It was all done, and I accidently exited without saving, so I had to start over. I guess I'll use mediafire to upload it to.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
beardedinlair wrote:It works

beardedinlair wrote:

It works right from the start, but mainly produces gibberish.

Just like a real theist! You say you aren't a salesman, but you could make some serious money here. Call it the EBB- Electronic Bible Belt. 

Beyond Saving INC Introduces The Cutting Edge Technology Of The Electronic Bible Belt

Tired of digging through your bible trying to find the correct verse to spew in response to a rational question?

Tired of replacing your bible weekly because the pages are worn? 

Is your voice getting raw from yelling the word of our Lord?

Are your fingers calloused from typing biblical verses on evil websites like www.rationalresponders.com?

Did your father cut off your hands because The Lord told him to?

Then the EBB is for YOU!

With new voice recognition all you have to do is hold your EBB in the air. When anyone speaks into it, the EBB will respond with the PERFECT Bible verse. The EBB comes preloaded with THREE different preacher voices and others can be purchased from our website I-Preach.com. 

But wait, there's MORE!

The EBB can be plugged into your computer via USB. Simply cut and paste responses from the EBB software to the forum you are trolling. No more laborious hours of searching for theist websites to cut and paste from. More time for you to grovel. 

The EBB can be yours today for only 6 LOW monthly payments of $666.66 since The Rapture is on May 21st, you will only have to make TWO payments. Invest in your Lord today. When you die, do you want to tell God he wasn't worth it? 

EBB and I-Preach.com are trademarks exclusively owned by Beyond Savings Inc. Beyond Savings Inc. is not responsible if the Rapture does not happen on schedule. In the case of a delay in the Rapture date the buyer will be responsible to make all 6 payments. Late payments will be assessed with a late fee and 27% interest. Beyond Savings Inc. takes no responsibility for any injuries that result from the use of EBB. Use of the EBB does not guarantee placement in Heaven.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.mediafire.com/?1ep

See if above link works. If it does, it runs in dos or the modern dos emulator. There is a manual by the author for instructions, but to get started quickly, just double click MEGAHAL.exe and it will load the tree and dictionary and then start out with a topic starter, mostly random. Then type in something and hit enter twice. It should respond "intelligently".

If you get any good dialogue going copy it here! I'm interested in seeing it. Your conversations are recorded in MEGAHAL.log.

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just realized, maybe no

I just realized, maybe no one wants to download software that might be tainted? Ha, if it were food, I would taste test it first for you.

Tell you what, if anyone wants, type something in quotes and I will feed it into the God Machine and post here what it spits out.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 OK, I just made your link

OK, I just made your link go away.

That program is distributed under the GNU GPL. You have to link to the full source code and not to your personal upload. In any case, it can't be decompressed using any GPL program because you used a non GPL compression system and that is pretty much not allowed either.

I don't really care if other people want to play with it. If it is as simple to patch as you say, then they can get the program directly from the author. That and plug in any bible version from any source. Here is the sourceforge link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/megahal/

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

beardedinlair
atheist
beardedinlair's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.mediafire.com/?n34

http://www.mediafire.com/?n34dcc5pe66cvb6

Ok, fair enough. Is it ok to upload and link my brn file? Otherwise, you're correct it's easy to copy and paste any text file into it, if you read the instructions well.