questioning

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
questioning

Seems a bit odd it's always atheists that do the questioning and they are rarely questioned themselves. Telling perhaps?

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Why don't you think atheists

Why don't you think atheists ask questions?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think you may have read it

I think you may have read it wrong, put down the bottle ><

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I think you

robj101 wrote:

I think you may have read it wrong, put down the bottle ><

I'm not drinking

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well maybe you should be 

Well maybe you should be

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
What would you like to

What would you like to question me about? I'm an atheist, I can take some questioning.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea me too.Let me rephrase

Yea me too.

Let me rephrase the original statement.

Atheists are always the ones who question theists, theists rarely question atheists. Is this more clear?

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Maybe theists think they

Maybe theists think they already have all the answers.

wingless_sephiroth
atheist
wingless_sephiroth's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Yea me too.Let

robj101 wrote:

Yea me too.

Atheists are always the ones who question theists, theists rarely question atheists. Is this more clear?

I think he's getting at the point that theists tend to presume what atheists believe, but atheists do not do the same, and generally ask for clarification before building on points.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
wingless_sephiroth

wingless_sephiroth wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Yea me too.

I think he's getting at the point that theists tend to presume what atheists believe, but atheists do not do the same, and generally ask for clarification before building on points.

Bingo! We have a bingo.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
RatDog wrote: Maybe theists

RatDog wrote:

Maybe theists think they already have all the answers.

And when they think they have all the answers yet find someone who does not they don't question they just preach.

Answers from an atheist to things they think they know might be scary territory. But it seems like if they "know" something they would ask so they could refute if they are so confident theirs is the correct answer.

Wowzers1
Theist
Wowzers1's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Seems a bit

robj101 wrote:

Seems a bit odd it's always atheists that do the questioning and they are rarely questioned themselves. Telling perhaps?

Atheists have nothing to defend concerning beliefs in God, so I imagine the set of question one could ask concerning atheism are rather limited. Maybe not.

Theists on the other hand have an affirmative position, and for that reason are the one's answering rather than asking the questions.

I hope that I don't stop asking questions concerning my beliefs, and I don't claim to have it all figured out either.

And if you want someone to ask questions here, I'll take a stab at it.

It is incomprehensible that God should exist, and it is incomprehensible that he should not exist. -Blaise Pascal

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Could it also be that a

Could it also be that a theist also believes they already know the answers an atheist will give and if so ..why and how do they know... more of that telling stuff perhaps?

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Seems a bit

robj101 wrote:

It would appear that the more questions you ask, the more likely you are to become (or stay) an atheist.  

If you wish to field a question directed at atheists, you can take the shockofgod challenge.  He's got some christian radio show, and records sermons while riding on his motorcycle.  The question he thinks no atheist can answer is "What is your proof and evidence that atheism is true and accurate?"  

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:robj101

zarathustra wrote:

robj101 wrote:

It would appear that the more questions you ask, the more likely you are to become (or stay) an atheist.  

If you wish to field a question directed at atheists, you can take the shockofgod challenge.  He's got some christian radio show, and records sermons while riding on his motorcycle.  The question he thinks no atheist can answer is "What is your proof and evidence that atheism is true and accurate?"  

Atheism is not an absolute so the question is moot.

I would claim to have common sense evidence that the biblical god is created by men but I have no absolute proof of anything.

ymalmsteen887
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:robj101

zarathustra wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Shockofofgod is an idiot. I seriously think there is something wrong with him. He takes it to a whole new level. Saying things like "I could not find any scientific proof or any kind of evidence even philsophical evidence that atheism was true".

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
ymalmsteen887

ymalmsteen887 wrote:

zarathustra wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Shockofofgod is an idiot. I seriously think there is something wrong with him. He takes it to a whole new level. Saying things like "I could not find any scientific proof or any kind of evidence even philsophical evidence that atheism was true".

He plays on stupid just like hovind.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stupid funny . . .

robj101 wrote:

Everyone "has" questions,  no question is stupid.    I think (IMO), stereotypical 'Theist' does not begin to understand Atheism. Theists draw from preconceived stereotypes and notions  guaranteeing interactions become "stupid".  I noticed a lot of talk about "Satan".  How many 'new born' baby childs must die :~   Stupid   funny.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:robj101

danatemporary wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Everyone "has" questions,  no question is stupid.    I think (IMO), stereotypical 'Theist' does not begin to understand Atheism. Theists draw from preconceived stereotypes and notions  guaranteeing interactions become "stupid".  I noticed a lot of talk about "Satan".  How many 'new born' baby childs must die :~   Stupid   funny.

I would assume those would be the ignorant hillbilly fundie types, satan worship and all. That's just ignorance and bad assumptions. "well if they don't believe in god they must believe in the devil".

I know a few people personally who don't understand that I simply don't believe in it. "aww come on Rob give up this atheist thing" lol

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
What's The Question?

Wowzers1 wrote:

Theists on the other hand have an affirmative position, and for that reason are the one's answering rather than asking the questions.

That's the heart of the matter. Theists show up and just say "I believe in God" and blammo! They are hit from all sides with questions.

The only questions which come from theists for us are either just curiosity, "Were you raped as a child and that's why you don't believe?" or just Jean attacks, "You are an atheist which makes you an idiot, correct?"

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:Wowzers1

marcusfish wrote:

Wowzers1 wrote:

That's the heart of the matter. Theists show up and just say "I believe in God" and blammo! They are hit from all sides with questions.

The only questions which come from theists for us are either just curiosity, "Were you raped as a child and that's why you don't believe?" or just Jean attacks, "You are an atheist which makes you an idiot, correct?"

It's because we are the default position. The many religions equate to many possible positions.

But it still seems like a theist would, as I mentioned earlier, still ask a question to try to prove himself right. Instead they wait for us to pick the point.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
 From the many questions

From the many questions theists have asked me.....well it's pretty much the same ones just rephrased differently from person to person, it just happens to be the same ones, how can i not believe in a god, what happened to me that was so horrible that I don't believe in god, how can I have morals if I don't believe in god, what do i think will happen to me when I die, and of course can I prove that god doesn't exist. It rarely ever goes beyond this type of questions, once I answer them and give them answers they don't seem to like or agree with (especially in regards to morality) then they go into shut down mode and start preaching.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
In My experience... This has

In My experience... This has gotten worse recently since Media outlets like Fox News have begun to present "Faith", as "Fact"... They begin with a determination, and continue their story as if their initial assertion about theism has validity.... To the typical, under-read, over cholesteroled, simple minded Fox viewer... they draw the conclusion that Fox wants them to... because it suits their business model... and that is "Of course god exists... the bible Republican party say so, and it will make rationaizing ignorant bigotry soooo much easier" 

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yZWxNENZH0