supposedly a Belgian saying

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
supposedly a Belgian saying

People go to church four times in their life and must be carried for two of them.

On another note I've seen several studies lately quite favoring atheism. The fraction of Americans identifying as atheist/agnostic is steadily rising and showing a slight acceleration standing at 15% in 2008 nationwide with Vermont at 34%.

In four countries in Europe religion is losing its critical mass, arxiv:1012.1375v2, 14 Jan 2011. The methodology is statistical mechanics and nonlinear dynamics. Finland, Switzerland, Austria and Netherlands in case anyone is looking for an emigration destination.

The problem with the study is it applies to people with "no religious affiliation" rather than atheist/agnostic so it does not directly indicate atheism. When people lose interest in one religion they generally choose another rather than give up the addiction cold turkey.

However the number of affiliated is becoming so small that there are not enough of them to replace themselves in light of the attrition rate.

=====

This just in from the Onion News Network, A deranged mathematician from UCLA has just commited the world's first truly random shooting.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:This just

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

This just in from the Onion News Network, A deranged mathematician from UCLA has just commited the world's first truly random shooting.

I took stats.  My professor had to tell his statistician's joke.

A guy goes out hunting.  Sees a deer.  Fires.  Misses one foot to the right.  Fires again.  Misses one foot to the left.  He yells - "I got him!!"

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
87% of stats are cited

87% of stats are cited without sources.