Hello from Atlanta

Bufferkiller
Bufferkiller's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello from Atlanta

I always come here for book/internet references when I get drawn into long religious discussions with family and friends. I figured it was about time I finally created an account.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bufferkiller wrote:I always

Bufferkiller wrote:

I always come here for book/internet references when I get drawn into long religious discussions with family and friends. I figured it was about time I finally created an account.

What took you so long? Were you afraid of our spicy BBQ kitten recipes? Did the women your raped before you came here not satisfy you and you were looking for more victims here? If you are going to be an immoral atheist and rape and pillage you cant jump on the bandwagon after the fact. A good atheists knows being more Dahmer like includes hanging out with the right lawless heathens. You are a  Johny come lately. I was an atheist when being an atheist wasn't cool.

Thats my silly way of saying "welcome". The Dahmer reference was a jab at the recent moron who thought he could get away with saying, "If you don't believe in a god this could be the path you go down".

Tell us a little more about you. Atlanta, FYI is also home to this famous atheist www.infidelguy.com. He had a spot on ABC's "Wife Swap". Not a good experience for him, but it did have the affect of other atheists coming out and it also let theists see that atheists were not monsters.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Bufferkiller
Bufferkiller's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Bufferkiller

Brian37 wrote:

Bufferkiller wrote:

What took you so long? Were you afraid of our spicy BBQ kitten recipes? Did the women your raped before you came here not satisfy you and you were looking for more victims here? If you are going to be an immoral atheist and rape and pillage you cant jump on the bandwagon after the fact. A good atheists knows being more Dahmer like includes hanging out with the right lawless heathens. You are a  Johny come lately. I was an atheist when being an atheist wasn't cool.

Thats my silly way of saying "welcome". The Dahmer reference was a jab at the recent moron who thought he could get away with saying, "If you don't believe in a god this could be the path you go down".

Tell us a little more about you. Atlanta, FYI is also home to this famous atheist www.infidelguy.com. He had a spot on ABC's "Wife Swap". Not a good experience for him, but it did have the affect of other atheists coming out and it also let theists see that atheists were not monsters.

I have a few recipes of my own to share, but really didn't post much because I still don't feel I am up to par with many of the people here. Most questions I have come across, have already been answered, so having an account just to read threads I can read without one seemed weird.

Infidel Guy is actually how I first came across this site a few years back. I came across some of his podcasts on Myspace and then saw the RRS in his friends list and added them. Been lurking here every so often ever since.

I'm not exactly a new Atheist, as I first started having doubts at age 9 while listening to a Christian Children's Song about throwing Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego into a fire. It scared the shit out of me. Expressed my concerns in church and was quickly shut down and a "talk" was had with my parents. Finally came out when I was 20, after enlisting in the military. Life has been getting better and better ever since.

Other than that I'm 28, married, a new father, and a Team Lead for an IT Help Desk that does legal support.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bufferkiller wrote:Brian37

Bufferkiller wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Bufferkiller wrote:

I have a few recipes of my own to share, but really didn't post much because I still don't feel I am up to par with many of the people here. Most questions I have come across, have already been answered, so having an account just to read threads I can read without one seemed weird.

Infidel Guy is actually how I first came across this site a few years back. I came across some of his podcasts on Myspace and then saw the RRS in his friends list and added them. Been lurking here every so often ever since.

I'm not exactly a new Atheist, as I first started having doubts at age 9 while listening to a Christian Children's Song about throwing Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego into a fire. It scared the shit out of me. Expressed my concerns in church and was quickly shut down and a "talk" was had with my parents. Finally came out when I was 20, after enlisting in the military. Life has been getting better and better ever since.

Other than that I'm 28, married, a new father, and a Team Lead for an IT Help Desk that does legal support.

A parent, you are most certainly much braver a person than I am. I get scared shit less when my cat gets the sniffles.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Bufferkiller
Bufferkiller's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Bufferkiller

Brian37 wrote:

Bufferkiller wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Bufferkiller wrote:

A parent, you are most certainly much braver a person than I am. I get scared shit less when my cat gets the sniffles.

Luckily my son hasn't been sick yet. He's only 4 months old, though. I'm sure when he does, I'll be more concerned with my wife freaking out over it than him actually being sick.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 welcome to the forum.

welcome to the forum.  I'm also a relatively new parent, my oldest is 4 Smiling 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You guys are not allowed to

You guys are not allowed to have kids because you are not making more club members for Allah/Yahweh or Jesus.

And I bet both of you did other things besides the missionary position. DIRTY HEATHENS!

And me, I am the worst of all because I don't even want kids.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 I had twins the second

I had twins the second time around, talk about doing it twice a night... oh well, those days are over now lol

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Bufferkiller
Bufferkiller's picture
User is offlineOffline
My family is none to

My family is none to thrilled about the idea of my son growing up to be a Godless heathen like me. How dare I raise him to question everything, and not take him to church and read the Bible to him so that he knows both sides.

They never told me Atheism was an option. I just thought I was going to Hell because I couldn't believe like everyone else.

Bufferkiller
Bufferkiller's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote: I had twins

Ktulu wrote:

I had twins the second time around, talk about doing it twice a night... oh well, those days are over now lol

My wife would threaten to cut me early on in the pregnancy, when I would say I wanted twins. Unfortunately, neither of us have anyone in our immediate family with twins. Sad

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the Forum

Welcome aboard . Like that avatar.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome.

I'm from the deep south also!!!!!!!!!!!!   Southern ONTARIO CANADA, Mississauga to be exact.  Y'all post early and often, eh?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Bufferkiller
Bufferkiller's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks, everyone! I work

Thanks, everyone!

I work nights, so I'm usually on then. For a while, though, I will be working Saturday mornings as well, which will put me on here when most people are still asleep.

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hey Buffer! Or is it

Hey Buffer! Or is it killer?
I'll call you BK, then.
So you say you work in legal support. Is that like wiping away someones criminal record or something? I think we could use that... We have quite a bit of money since we sold one of our own to the devil, you know.

Anyway. I would like to welcome you, although you've been around for a while longer than I have been around, I suppose.

Damn am I bad at making welcoming posts -.- Or any other social ones for that matter.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! 

Welcome!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Bufferkiller
Bufferkiller's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you,

Thank you, mellestad!

Thunderios wrote:

Hey Buffer! Or is it killer?
I'll call you BK, then.
So you say you work in legal support. Is that like wiping away someones criminal record or something? I think we could use that... We have quite a bit of money since we sold one of our own to the devil, you know.

Anyway. I would like to welcome you, although you've been around for a while longer than I have been around, I suppose.

Damn am I bad at making welcoming posts -.- Or any other social ones for that matter.

Thanks!

I get called Buffer and BK a lot. It's a nickname a Drill Sgt gave me that stuck with me throughout my entire military career (though I don't think 4 years really constitutes a career) and on into civilian life.

Not that kind of support. I work at a Help Desk that supports a ton of firms around the world. They break something, we fix it.