Birds fall out of sky, "THE END IS NEAR"

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Birds fall out of sky, "THE END IS NEAR"

Just saw this story all over the news and the conspiracy "end times" nuts are at it over this.

About 5,000 birds are littering a town's streets. Speculation is running rampant. Funny how these same conspiracy nuts never claim Jesus is coming during a mass dolphin or whale beaching.

While we don't know exactly, Natural reasons would fit in without conspiracy bullshit. The flock could have been been hit by lighting while flying through a cloud. Could have been pelted by hail. Or less likely, might have eaten some poison food source.

I hate this conspiracy bullshit. Lets let the scientist look at it and let them determine what was most likely to have happened. Magic will not suffice as an answer,

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think they have already

I think they have already determined what happened

Quote:

Experts solve bird mystery

A worker with US Environmental Services LLC tosses a dead bird off of a home in Beebe, Arkansas. (Stephen B Thornton, AP/ The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette)

Chicago - Fright likely killed thousands of birds which dropped onto a small town in Arkansas, officials said on Monday.

As many as 5 000 birds began falling over the small town of Beebe shortly before midnight on New Year's Eve.

"We right now are pretty confident that the trauma is what caused the die-off," said state veterinarian George Badley.

A local resident reported hearing about 20 loud booms Saturday night - which could have been fireworks or a cannon to get rid of nuisance birds - and saw a huge flock of frantic birds when he went outside.

"He could hear the blackbirds fluttering around - he could hear their wings and he could hear them hitting into things," Badley said.

Blackbirds have poor night vision and they were likely killed because they banged into houses and trees in their fright.

However, the state is conducting further test to make sure the birds were not poisoned or diseased, Badley said.

It was not a good weekend for wildlife in Arkansas.

Hundreds of thousands of fish were found dead in the Arkansas River about 160km away from Beebe a day before the birds were killed, Kark news reported.

Officials believe they were killed by disease because only one species - drum fish - was affected.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Just saw this

Brian37 wrote:

Just saw this story all over the news and the conspiracy "end times" nuts are at it over this.

About 5,000 birds are littering a town's streets. Speculation is running rampant. Funny how these same conspiracy nuts never claim Jesus is coming during a mass dolphin or whale beaching.

While we don't know exactly, Natural reasons would fit in without conspiracy bullshit. The flock could have been been hit by lighting while flying through a cloud. Could have been pelted by hail. Or less likely, might have eaten some poison food source.

I hate this conspiracy bullshit. Lets let the scientist look at it and let them determine what was most likely to have happened. Magic will not suffice as an answer,

Anderson Cooper interviewed that psycho Kirk Cameron last night although I missed it. Did anyone catch it?

Cameron and other Christians are going to face the reality that their Arab religion is pure MYTH. No historical corroboration outside the bible that it's anything but fiction. Thomas Edison, Einstein, and Ben Franklin all knew it was crap and there is NO way they are wrong since they look at things OBJECTIVELY and FAIRLY and Christians don't.

He interviewed him because of the falling dead birds in Arkansas and any connection to the Mayan end date next year and Cameron was denying it because as hateful as Christians are they believe every other belief on earth is crap just because they say so eventhough they don't have an iota of proof that their religion is any more real!!

I posted the above on another forum but did anyone catcher Cooper interviewing that verified crackpot Kirk Cameron?

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Logic check:  There are

Logic check:

There are fewer birds in the sky than there used to be.

Exactly what does this tell us?

I submit that it tells us that birds live in the sky.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Just saw this

Brian37 wrote:

This reminded me of the cancelled ABC show Flash Forward.

You should all be ready to suddenly pass out and have a vision from the future.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
The crazy conspiracy nuts

The crazy conspiracy nuts will use these bird and fish deaths to talk about the Mayan 2012 doomsday prophecy or some insane Christian delusional psychosis that hasn't happened in over 2000 years and now will suddenly happen because a bunch of psychotic lunatics say so right?

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
THE END IS NEAR or maybe it isn't.

epic fail photos - Speculations FAIL

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Repent your Wickedness for

Repent your Wickedness for doom has come to your world!

500 dead birds in Louisiana.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
What if?

Arkanses and Louisiana are in the bible belt. Here in secular GTA Ontario birds are NOT dropping dead from the heavens; maybe that god of theirs is a real bastard after all.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
oh my! 100 dead in

oh my! 100 dead in sweden.

Why do I get the feeling the website i  get my news from is activily looking for birds that have died?

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well, I don't think that

Well, I don't think that they even have to look all that far for this stuff. Consider the twitter effect on getting crappy stories spread around the planet.

Really, if the producer/editor for some news outlet wants to grab some easy bits of stuff that will grab the public attention, then they only have to check and see what is floating to the top of various social networking sites. Hell but they can probably run macros to do the searches automatically and just check the reports.

In other news, there have been a few recent massive fish die-offs in the past few days. The thing is that large die-offs are not really all that unusual. Really, even before twitter and the others, it was a rare year that a pod of whales somewhere in the world beached themselves. Fishing trawlers have to occasional accident that causes them to dump dead fish and so on. Now add social networking and the ability of the common (ie stupidly incautious) person to misunderstand what they are seeing.

Really, it is pretty much more surprising that this many stories have not all happened at the same time before now.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Well, I don't think that they even have to look all that far for this stuff. Consider the twitter effect on getting crappy stories spread around the planet.

Really, if the producer/editor for some news outlet wants to grab some easy bits of stuff that will grab the public attention, then they only have to check and see what is floating to the top of various social networking sites. Hell but they can probably run macros to do the searches automatically and just check the reports.

In other news, there have been a few recent massive fish die-offs in the past few days. The thing is that large die-offs are not really all that unusual. Really, even before twitter and the others, it was a rare year that a pod of whales somewhere in the world beached themselves. Fishing trawlers have to occasional accident that causes them to dump dead fish and so on. Now add social networking and the ability of the common (ie stupidly incautious) person to misunderstand what they are seeing.

Really, it is pretty much more surprising that this many stories have not all happened at the same time before now.

Right fish kills are so common in Florida we have a place to report them at the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commision hotline. Last year low temperatures resulted in large numbers of fish kills. Then there is the red tide current a form of harmful algae which is toxic to fish.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.