Catholics advocate possession?
Firstly I am not a theist but I do like to know how theists think.
In the book 'interview with an exorcist' I am stunned to find this:
73. Why does God allow demonic possessions to occur?
While this is ultimately a mystery, we can see that God allows possession for the following reasons:
• Possession demonstrates the truth of the Catholic faith.
• Possession punishes sinners who seek a relationship with evil.
• Possession can be a spiritual benefit.
• Possession can produce wholesome teachings for humanity.
The third one is horrifying? Benefit?!!!
Someone explain this please